[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Our day will come  (Read 3014 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Our day will come
« on: March 19, 2023, 08:19:50 PM »
Great game to be at despite the sloppy play for Marquette.
Sometimes the master outcoaches and outplays the student.
Despite being in the business for a while Shaka has a lot to learn from Izzo, just like TyKo has a lot to learn from Hoggard.
Upper class leadership matters.

Marquette’s day will come.

We Are Marquette.

Amazing season

Mu8891

• All American
Re: Our day will come
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 08:33:05 PM »
It may come … or it may not

Not good to blow a 2 seed.   This now becomes another chapter in the long book of NCAAT Failures by MU.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 08:36:35 PM »

Not good to blow a 2 seed.   This now becomes another chapter in the long book of NCAAT Failures by MU.

What school doesn’t have a long book of NCAAT “failures?”
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 08:42:08 PM »
"Ruby and the Romantics"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 08:43:33 PM »
Doctor V

There are better days ahead.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 09:10:08 PM »

well we could be purdure so there is a positive

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 09:13:45 PM »

This is a child’s reaction.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 09:26:43 PM »
Rush … try again.

Was today not a failure?-

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 09:32:14 PM »
What school doesn’t have a long book of NCAAT “failures?”
Good perspective. Although our current chapter is running longer than anyone expected.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 09:39:51 PM »
Rush … try again.

Was today not a failure?-

Yes, it was a terrible game. They played awful. It’s a one and done tournament played by kids. They played their asses off all year and if the only thing your brain can summon when it ends is “just another in a long line of failures” then you’re a child. It’s a sport.  They play for our entertainment and it was a very entertaining year.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 09:54:22 PM »
We got one round farther than last year.
Maybe next year we get to the Sweet 16.
The program is in the right direction.
See ya next year.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2023, 11:12:41 PM »
Yes, it was a terrible game. They played awful. It’s a one and done tournament played by kids. They played their asses off all year and if the only thing your brain can summon when it ends is “just another in a long line of failures” then you’re a child. It’s a sport.  They play for our entertainment and it was a very entertaining year.

This is what makes some of you Scoopers insufferable.  It was a failure in a long line of recent failures.  Just admit it and stop trying to make excuses or attack people who state the truth you don’t want to hear.  Your reaction is that of a child - lashing out at those who say things you don’t want to hear.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2023, 11:15:39 PM »
This is what makes some of you Scoopers insufferable.  It was a failure in a long line of recent failures.  Just admit it and stop trying to make excuses or attack people who state the truth you don’t want to hear.  Your reaction is that of a child - lashing out at those who say things you don’t want to hear.
Respect for not mocking the hell out of the board like that f..uk no longer. I agree.
It was a failure. Horrendous performance and I still can’t get over it. Such a special team plays this bad in the tournament. Hurts big time.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2023, 11:24:02 PM »
This team went 29-7.

This team finished the season 20-3 in their last 23.

The moment was too big for everyone involved, the experience was not there and it was one bad game on the biggest stage.

This team was still 29-7.

30 wins is next. You can either complain and be miserable or cherish the memories they gave us all and be excited about next November.

Choose wisely, as life is short.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2023, 11:36:49 PM »
How would anyone like to be Matt Painter or Tony Bennett?? What do they tell their fans when they go to the office tomorrow.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2023, 11:57:37 PM »
You know I used to think scoop had some complete a holes that were miserable people in real life. Today I learned that some was an underestimate.
Wishfully I am hoping most are just trolls and their mom will soon be calling down to the basement to tell them their dinner is ready. But sadly I think there are just more insufferable people here than my pessimistic view thought.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2023, 12:45:04 AM »

Tough draw. Izzo is a HOF coach and it showed. At some point we need to beat the blue bloods to get to the second weekend.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2023, 04:03:54 AM »
Tough draw. Izzo is a HOF coach and it showed. At some point we need to beat the blue bloods to get to the second weekend.
Hopefully that will come. Shaka and players must learn from this. They forgot no finish line. The rotation needs a big that can protect the rim and drives. Is Gold that guy given he plays a lot on perimeter.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2023, 05:13:01 AM »

I cringed when I saw MSU was in our pod. Our track record against them is abysmal; now 2-11. That being said, what a wonderful, fun season. I hope they all return for what should be a magical next season.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2023, 07:28:32 AM »

The all time pot calling the kettle black.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2023, 08:08:57 AM »
Great game to be at despite the sloppy play for Marquette.
Sometimes the master outcoaches and outplays the student.
Despite being in the business for a while Shaka has a lot to learn from Izzo, just like TyKo has a lot to learn from Hoggard.
Upper class leadership matters.

Marquette’s day will come.

We Are Marquette.

Amazing season

I never expected that we would have the season we did. Of course the loss was disappointing, but it is heavily outweighed by this season's success. I absolutely refuse to define the season by yesterday's painful loss, although I believe some here seem all too willing to do so. While the loss saddened me, what was really disappointing to me was the Scoopers who immediately ripped our team. as if Shaka and the team are personally accountable to them. I understand critiquing a game, but it seemed that some of the comments were way over the top.

Doctor V, I agree with almost all that you wrote. My one quibble is with the title. Our day has already dawned. It is the Shaka Era and our future is very bright.

Borrowing some lyrics from a late 80's song, Don't Worry. Be Happy. That is my suggestion for a motto going forward.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 08:22:44 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2023, 08:13:17 AM »

Well we won the Big East reg season and BET.  Won our first NCCA tournament game.  Not too shabby given expectations coming into year.

By your own standards then you would have a long book of failures in your own life.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2023, 08:15:04 AM »
Snoop

I get jazzed often about my “knowing ball” statement and I will say it again. Anyone that is flat out ripping yesterday or calling the season a failure, simply does not know ball. We see often in the game threads and some folks just get crazy.

The biggest negative from yesterday for me, the season I did not want to end, ended. I told my wife after the BET that is they win the NC it would still be bittersweet for me.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 08:17:25 AM by Goose »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2023, 08:15:33 AM »
29-7.    One bad game.     

Sun came up.   Go, Marquette.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2023, 08:16:45 AM »
I never expected that we would have the season we did. Of course the loss was disappointing, but it is heavily outweighed by this season's success. I absolutely refuse to define the season by yesterday's painful loss, although I believe some here seem all too willing to do so. While the loss saddened me, what was really disappointing to me was the Scoopers who immediately ripped our team. as if Shaka and the team are personally accountable to them.

Doctor V, I agree with almost all that you wrote. My one quibble is with the title. Our day has already dawned. It is the Shaka Era and our future is very bright.

Borrowing some lyrics from a late 80's song, Don't Worry. Be Happy. That is my suggestion for a motto going forward.

No one should be "ripping the team" but it's difficult to take a moral victory right now.  I don't think after watching this team the past few months anyone expected us to play so poorly Scoop Snoop.  That's what is so frustrating right at this moment. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2023, 08:31:28 AM »
Snoop

I get jazzed often about my “knowing ball” statement and I will say it again. Anyone that is flat out ripping yesterday or calling the season a failure, simply does not know ball. We see often in the game threads and some folks just get crazy.

The biggest negative from yesterday for me, the season I did not want to end, ended. I told my wife after the BET that is they win the NC it would still be bittersweet for me.

Thanks for posting this Goose. I find it interesting that the "rippers" are often unable to comprehend what they are doing and rush to defend themselves. A brief, token admission that the team did very well this year is just that- a token. Their main thrust is hyper criticism.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2023, 08:32:12 AM »
No one should be "ripping the team" but it's difficult to take a moral victory right now.  I don't think after watching this team the past few months anyone expected us to play so poorly Scoop Snoop.  That's what is so frustrating right at this moment.

It's not a moral victory to look at the season through a wider lens. No one is happy about yesterday. It really sucks.

But taking a step back and looking at where we were and what could be in front of us, that helps ease the sting a bit.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2023, 08:38:18 AM »
I never expected that we would have the season we did. Of course the loss was disappointing, but it is heavily outweighed by this season's success. I absolutely refuse to define the season by yesterday's painful loss, although I believe some here seem all too willing to do so. While the loss saddened me, what was really disappointing to me was the Scoopers who immediately ripped our team. as if Shaka and the team are personally accountable to them. I understand critiquing a game, but it seemed that some of the comments were way over the top.

Can't I be angry and miserable for a couple days?  We spent 5 months following this team and rooting and conjecturing and hoping and it ended just like that on a total clunker performance (against a team with a player whose actions played a large part in blowing up our last team that had a chance to be really good).  Allow me a day or two to be miserable.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2023, 08:44:13 AM »
Can't I be angry and miserable for a couple days?  We spent 5 months following this team and rooting and conjecturing and hoping and it ended just like that on a total clunker performance (against a team with a player whose actions played a large part in blowing up our last team that had a chance to be really good).  Allow me a day or two to be miserable.
I think the mental coach that Shaka employs would say feel what you feel, own it, and then go to work.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 09:00:20 AM »
Snoop

This season can be an overall success (which it was) and yesterday can still be a failure (which it was).  However, another insufferable Scoop trend must be pointed out here.  How condescending is it to come on and claim that you “know ball” and that anyone who holds a different opinion than you does not.   Honestly you should be banned just for that.   That’s A+ pretty boy stuff there.   I don’t know you but can tell just by this statement that you’re likely a Boomer and Trump voter. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2023, 09:33:16 AM »

Permission granted, as if you needed that.  :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 09:42:29 AM by Scoop Snoop »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2023, 09:40:28 AM »
Farley

I agree with your comments on the season and the game yesterday. Both are true, IMO.

As for the rest of your post, you are correct on not knowing me. I welcome other opinions and think they should be shared. Feel free to report me or request I get banned.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 09:41:41 AM »
It's not a moral victory to look at the season through a wider lens. No one is happy about yesterday. It really sucks.

But taking a step back and looking at where we were and what could be in front of us, that helps ease the sting a bit.

Nothing wrong at all about being upset about yesterday. On the contrary, brushing it off as no big deal is, to me, a greater problem. The bolded is in line of what I posted. For those still fuming, I just was trying to suggest some balance rather than going on a rant, but if that works for you, go for it. I get that, and hope you get what I said.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2023, 09:43:59 AM »
Farley

I agree with your comments on the season and the game yesterday. Both are true, IMO.

As for the rest of your post, you are correct on not knowing me. I welcome other opinions and think they should be shared. Feel free to report me or request I get banned.

Dumbass doesn't even know how to request a ban properly.

^^^ban dis guy

Farley doesn't know ball or bans.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2023, 09:52:52 AM »
It's "the what could have been" with this year's team if they had only played NOT sloppy for a 3-4 minute stretch that will eat at me for the next few days. 

Have to wait 7 months now to start over with what should be another mind blowing team.

Maybe there was something to that stat someone posted before the tournament about being unranked before the season and finishing in the Top 10 and how those teams fared in the tournament.  I think MU and Purdue fit tate category and both met the same fate.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2023, 10:00:46 AM »
It's "the what could have been" with this year's team if they had only played NOT sloppy for a 3-4 minute stretch that will eat at me for the next few days. 

Have to wait 7 months now to start over with what should be another mind blowing team.

Maybe there was something to that stat someone posted before the tournament about being unranked before the season and finishing in the Top 10 and how those teams fared in the tournament.  I think MU and Purdue fit tate category and both met the same fate.

Yeah, that was awful. After weathering the early barrage, coming back and taking a small lead, the four turnovers (I think they were all unforced, but maybe I have that wrong) were momentum killers. I was nervous from that point forward.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2023, 10:54:52 AM »

It was an interesting stat, and unfortunately even moreso with the way things played out. The stat was that in the 64-team era, 36 teams have entered the tourney as 1 or 2 seeds that weren't ranked in the preseason AP poll. None have made the Final Four and they average fewer than 2 wins per tourney. Marquette and Purdue fit that criteria this year. Ouch.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2023, 10:59:22 AM »

I think this likely says something about both experience and reputation.  Those initial rankings are heavily based on experience coming back and/or reputation (coaches/program).  A national champion isn't built in a year.  Hopefully MU can take the next steps and not have this same letdown next March.  One thing I'm confident in is that MU is unlikely to meet the "unranked before the season" criteria next year.

feedback