Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NIL - We’re All Wondering  (Read 10043 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: NIL - We’re All Wondering
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 09:53:04 PM »
Yeah the people making these decisions came on here saw you were mad and decided to get a new coach right
Huff as much copium as it takes. I was as right as anyone could possibly be, early too. And bitching from people like me forced the admin’s hand.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 09:53:54 PM »
I know we’re over signed by one…

is the general consensus that we’ll lose another important member of this years team due to NIL, but we just don’t know who its going to be/what school will throw out a bunch of cash?

See question above^

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 09:54:38 PM »
Final Four

Of the main guys that could transfer, Chase Ross and Ben Gold would be two guys that I would fight for if I was the coach.

panda

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
Huff as much copium as it takes. I was as right as anyone could possibly be, early too. And bitching from people like me forced the admin’s hand.

Tyfys - As the only person ever on official record to complain about Wojo’s performance. I can’t imagine where we’d be without your hard work.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2023, 09:56:09 PM »
Tyfys - As the only person ever on official record to complain about Wojo’s performance. I can’t imagine where we’d be without your hard work.
Only? Probably not.
(One of the) first? Absolutely
Loudest? Absolutely
Most logically grounded? Absolutely

Go Marquette! It’s a new era.

panda

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2023, 09:58:34 PM »
Final Four

Of the main guys that could transfer, Chase Ross and Ben Gold would be two guys that I would fight for if I was the coach.

Throwing roster constraints out the window, I’d love for a true back up center for next year. We didn’t get to see much meaningful minutes with Oso and Gold playing together because of lack of depth up front. The two are completely different players and BG played out of position backing up Oso. Ben should be a key player next year given his size coupled with unique skill set. The only thing that held him back later in the season was the need to be the safety valve for oso if there were foul issues.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 09:59:28 PM »
No sh*t. This isn’t about us being oversigned.
Yes, it is. OP said everyone is coming back….i said no they aren’t….this is exactly about us being oversigned.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2023, 10:01:41 PM »
Yes, it is. OP said everyone is coming back….i said no they aren’t….this is exactly about us being oversigned.

I’m the OP and I said IF everyone comes back.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 10:02:18 PM »
Final Four

I’m a little worried that we underused Gold this year.  We had a deep roster and it wasn’t a season for developing guys in games, but he’d play one sequence per half at best, and sometimes not at all in the second half if the first stint didn’t go well.  A guy with that much potential might look elsewhere.  I hope not, though.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 10:02:45 PM »
Final Four

Can’t argue with that. Both showed flashes of what’s to come….hopefully for us.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 10:03:37 PM »
I have no doubt MU will field a better team next year, hopefully with most of the core guys back. Would not be surprised if they had one or two new guys currently not on the projected roster.

I like your optimism, but I think it will be hard to match this year record-wise even with the returning squad. It was a special year and a lot of close wins. I'd be fine with no BE title or BET trophy if the team performs better later in March.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 10:06:24 PM »
I like your optimism, but I think it will be hard to match this year record-wise even with the returning squad. It was a special year and a lot of close wins. I'd be fine with no BE title or BET trophy if the team performs better later in March.
This fact pattern can be true and the team can still be better next year

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 10:06:29 PM »
Things are raw right now but here we are. Everyone comes back we’re preseason top 5-10. Shaka matters when it comes to that but will it be enough?

Not trying to stir the pot - it’s a concern.
No you didn’t……..and..that isn’t a possibility. Its not that hard.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 10:07:38 PM »
No you didn’t……..and..that isn’t a possibility. Its not that hard.

What are you taking about, Biff.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2023, 10:08:10 PM »
How much are they getting paid? What happens if Kentucky offers kolek 500k? Can we match

Kolek really gonna sit out a year?
VIOLENCE!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2023, 10:20:09 PM »
What are you taking about, Biff.
EVERYONE IS NOT COMING BACK.
Per the NCAA, they can’t.
Why can’t you understand that?

panda

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2023, 10:21:44 PM »

But did you consider Tyler giving back his scholarship, becoming a walk on and finding massive NIL deals ?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2023, 10:23:01 PM »

I’m sorry that I didn’t say everyone that matters, genius. Should have been obvious.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2023, 10:29:21 PM »
I’m sorry that I didn’t say everyone that matters, genius. Should have been obvious.
Haha—-I read everyone to mean everyone….I should have read what you were thinking instead of what you wrote.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2023, 10:33:00 PM »
Love em all, they gave us the best season in a long time and a double title.

It doesn’t matter though, next man up.

That includes Kam and TyKo.

What Coach Shaka did with those players, or better yet what those players accomplished under coach Smart, makes me confident that it can work with whoever wants to play for Marquette.

I’d hope those guys would want to still play for him after all he’s done for their lives and careers. I’m confident they all will.

If not, reinforcements are coming.

Problem is, Coach Shaka himself needs some help in March, and it’ll be the players that carry him back over the hump to another Final Four.
I hope TyKo, Kam, Oso, and Omax are those players leading the way
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:04:38 PM by DoctorV »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2023, 10:33:40 PM »
Yeah the people making these decisions came on here saw you were mad and decided to get a new coach right

I would like to personally thank 5Dollar for being the reason we now have Shaka as a coach...

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2023, 10:40:11 PM »
For what it’s worth, I haven’t seen MU mentioned with anyone in the portal, yet. I don’t think the coaching staff is thinking they will have lots of space this off season. ND doesn’t have a coach and is contacting players.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2023, 10:41:10 PM »

I would like to personally thank 5Dollar for being the reason we now have Shaka as a coach...
You’re welcome. It’s funny how the counterargument has slowly transformed from:

“Wojo is fine you are a nutcase”
to
“We’re building something, gotta take our lumps, the success will come”
to
“Well how could you even fire him? Who would you even replace him with? Do you want to be Georgetown!?”
to
“The fanbase had nothing to do with the Wojo firing and immediate revitalization of the program”

It’s incredible how wrong and in denial you people can continue to be and still come back with the same energy. Bravo!

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2023, 10:57:20 PM »
You’re welcome. It’s funny how the counterargument has slowly transformed from:

“Wojo is fine you are a nutcase”
to
“We’re building something, gotta take our lumps, the success will come”
to
“Well how could you even fire him? Who would you even replace him with? Do you want to be Georgetown!?”
to
“The fanbase had nothing to do with the Wojo firing and immediate revitalization of the program”

It’s incredible how wrong and in denial you people can continue to be and still come back with the same energy. Bravo!

Wrong, I wanted Wojo fired after "the letter"

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2023, 01:36:33 AM »
I don’t think NIL will be as impactful as most people think. Most players aren’t going to dramatically alter a team on their own unless they are a lottery pick. That money far outweighs NIL money so I don’t see big time players moving from one team to another. That then leaves the next level down which are 2nd round to undrafted. Those folks might be the main targets for NIL but they would need to be offered significantly more than what they are currently getting.  They have to be starter caliber because bench players on the new team aren’t going to get a payday. I think we will see a handful of players offered big money other than that I think players will decide they want to leave and get relatively what they got.

Pack, who set the bar, decided to transfer and then worked the system for a good deal. I think this will normalize when coaches realize they don’t want to rerecuit through pay days their own players.

feedback