[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU/MSU Game Thread  (Read 14960 times)

ChiTownMama

• Walk-On
Re: MU/MSU Game Thread
« Reply #500 on: March 19, 2023, 06:51:09 PM »
Injuring your off hand has more of an impact than you think. It can affect your "defense" of the ball while your dribbling with your strong hand, your confidence, and your equilibrium.

Tyler was not himself.

Exactly; completely agree.  He may be in a lot of pain.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #501 on: March 19, 2023, 06:53:28 PM »
If that situation happened at Marquette, I would stop supporting the program completely.

Izzo is a disgusting human, there is no two ways about it.

I don’t get this. I really don’t. A lot of people read an ESPN article (and boy are they known for journalistic integrity….) and now want to throw Izzo under the bus?

Why? Do you even know what he said?

This is silly and sounds like sour grapes and ignorance.

We lost. The ignorant cheap shots are unnecessary.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2023, 06:54:48 PM »
I don’t get this. I really don’t. A lot of people read an ESPN article (and boy are they known for journalistic integrity….) and now want to throw Izzo under the bus?

Tell that to the victims

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2023, 06:54:57 PM »

He supported the institution that wrote his checks, rather than the girls that needed support from a power figure.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:52 PM »

It ain’t just the administration he supported.  He’s supported a lot of trash he brought to East Lansing
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2023, 07:03:18 PM »
Picked a bad time to play terrible. Oh well, learn from it and get it next year.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #506 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:13 PM »
Izzo would have supported the school shooter if it carried water for the administration.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2023, 07:07:04 PM »
It ain’t just the administration he supported.  He’s supported a lot of trash he brought to East Lansing

I honestly think you should all actually read the first comments he made with a fair and impartial eye.

He repeatedly commented on the courageousness of the victims. He showed empathy and respect for them, while he acknowledged the permanent damage done by Nassar.

He took exception to people generalizing and throwing out the baby with the bath water by imputing Nassar’s disgusting behavior on everyone associated with MSU - which is what it seems I see to be happening here.

Was he perfect in what he said? No. But, living in Michigan, I read the comments and I thought people were looking then as you all are now for a reason to trash him. Again, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

But, we likely won’t see eye to eye on this ever. I just never read his comments and thought he was anything but respectful and empathetic of the victims.

I’ll sign off.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2023, 07:08:09 PM »
I honestly think you should all actually read the first comments he made with a fair and impartial eye.

He repeatedly commented on the courageousness of the victims. He showed empathy and respect for them, while he acknowledged the permanent damage done by Nassar.

He took exception to people generalizing and throwing out the baby with the bath water by imputing Nassar’s disgusting behavior on everyone associated with MSU - which is what it seems I see to be happening here.

Was he perfect in what he said? No. But, living in Michigan, I read the comments and I thought people were looking then as you all are now for a reason to trash him. Again, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

But, we likely won’t see eye to eye on this ever. I just never read his comments and thought he was anything but respectful and empathetic of the victims.

I’ll sign off.

It ain’t just this one case.  The guy is a bad human being

tower912

• All American
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2023, 07:12:30 PM »
Please don't take the Lord's name in vain. It's one of the 10 Comandments.
Rocket and Willie call me Jesus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #510 on: March 19, 2023, 07:13:54 PM »
We should look at this season as a real step forward for our program. There are many reasons why we lost but I think the main one is simply inexperience playing on the big stage. We were not ourselves. This was not our normal game. We gained a lot of experience which will help us next year.

A great run for a very young team and it was done in 2 years by Shaka. Better years are in front of us. This team deserves a great welcome home at Billy Mitchell. They gave it their all but nerves did them in. Next year they will go further. MU is back on the map.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #511 on: March 19, 2023, 07:14:15 PM »
It ain’t just this one case.  The guy is a bad human being

I’m surprised at your position, given your normal level-headed posts. Maybe you know things I don’t know. Maybe you’re personally aware of things he has done wrong to you or yours. I’m always open to being wrong.

I do know for a fact that there is so much good he has done for the community.

I was talking with someone recently about this as it relates to Boeheim and Pitino. We put these guys on pedestals. They sit up there in charge of 18-22 year old kids. They take on fatherly roles. Then they defend their kids. All the while, they are under incredible pressure to win. Are they perfect? No. Not any single one of them. Look at Beilein who was as closed to perfect as you would’ve wanted. Eventually controversy found him too.

Eventually you’re in the spotlight long enough and it shines on you. And in America the only thing we like more than putting people on pedestals is tearing them down.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #512 on: March 19, 2023, 07:16:06 PM »
I’m surprised at your position, given your normal level-headed posts. Maybe you know things I don’t know. Maybe you’re personally aware of things he has done wrong to you or yours. I’m always open to being wrong.

I was talking with someone recently about this as it relates to Boeheim and Pitino. We put these guys on pedestals. They sit up there in charge of 18-22 year old kids. They take on fatherly roles. Then they defend their kids. All the while, they are under incredible pressure to win. Are they perfect? No. Not any single one of them. Look at Beilein who was as closed to perfect as you would’ve wanted. Eventually controversy found him too.

Eventually you’re in the spotlight long enough and it shines on you. And in America the only thing we like more than putting people on pedestals is tearing them down.

There’s a massive difference between paying a couple of kids under the table and being a shill for an administration that knowingly swept these accusations under the rug for god knows how long.

He. Is. Not. A. Good. Human.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #513 on: March 19, 2023, 07:17:33 PM »
Anybody else think it was incredibly slimy by CBS to show Kolek's dad?

He doesn't want to be on TV or seen. They know that, and said that, and yet still sought him out to put him on TV.
VIOLENCE!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #514 on: March 19, 2023, 07:18:02 PM »

Maybe take a look at some Title IX infractions under his watch and yeah, I know plenty about Michigan State’s handling of their student athletes off the court and it’s a disgrace

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #515 on: March 19, 2023, 07:18:19 PM »
Anybody else think it was incredibly slimy by CBS to show Kolek's dad?

He doesn't want to be on TV or seen. They know that, and said that, and yet still sought him out to put him on TV.

Yea, I kinda cringed when they did that. Not a good look for CBS.

Poor guy looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #516 on: March 19, 2023, 07:24:17 PM »
Maybe take a look at some Title IX infractions under his watch and yeah, I know plenty about Michigan State’s handling of their student athletes off the court and it’s a disgrace

Usually I don’t see this type of vitriol unless there is a U of Michigan connection.

But if you’re like me, we have both probably said more than we need to on the topic.

More importantly, my heart and soul lie with Marquette. And I hope Shaka can be one of those few exceptions — like Jay Wright — for which these discussions never come up. I think we are in good hands here. He certainly seems genuinely a great character man.

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #517 on: March 19, 2023, 08:42:35 PM »
Rocket and Willie call me Jesus.

I thought they called you Hose A and your brother Hose B.

You just got posterized. See your present below.

May God bless you.

Sincerely,

'Taller
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:48:55 PM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »
DavidBoone2InchesTaller was a Senior Message Board Poster at MarquetteHoops.com for 17 yrs.. He made over 10,000 posts with an accuracy rate of 99.9%. Incredibly this means since 2006 he made less than 3 inaccurate statements, earning him the nickname "Top Gun Poster" among his peers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #518 on: March 19, 2023, 08:44:28 PM »
They call me lots of things.   Never those.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2023, 08:48:16 PM »
We came up a bit short but it was a terrific season. I think I'll have nice drink.