Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vermont Discussion Game Time 1:45 CT  (Read 16260 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: Vermont Discussion
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2023, 06:28:53 PM »
Their conference is worse than the big 10

Don’t say things you can’t take back.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2023, 06:44:37 PM »
It’s a much better draw than UNC last year,  or Murray State, or South Carolina like we had in the past!   I will take the Catamounts. 

I think we played them at the Bradley Center a long time ago!

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2023, 06:46:49 PM »
Game time set for 1:45 PM CT which probably means 2 PM CT

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2023, 06:48:40 PM »
Their conference is worse than the big 10

That’s a low bar.  😊

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: Vermont Discussion Game Time 1:45 CT
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2023, 06:53:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/HgXtffDcCsE

Every basket from their Conference Title game for anyone that wants to see them before Friday.

They are small and they don't turn the ball over.
VIOLENCE!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2023, 06:55:15 PM »
We'll see how they handle our guys flying around.

They could get hot but I feel like MU is well equipped to guard a team that plays five out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2023, 06:56:48 PM »
MU fans in Columbus, make sure the MU is prominently displayed and that you aren't just walking around in Blue and Gold.

"Is Marquette in Michigan?" might be a life or death question.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2023, 06:57:08 PM »
Weakest Vermont team to make the dance in awhile.  Can probably muck things up, make some dumb shots but Marquette wins by 20+

Second game in a row that Marquette plays one of my daughter's schools.
Seen a few times this year.  Exactly as Rico said, this is not a typical UVM team.  They rolled everyone in conference but had a tough time out of conference.  They usually play better out of conference but not this season.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2023, 07:17:16 PM »
Can we get all the “focus on the first game” and “don’t look ahead” stupid posts out of the way today?

Not a chance!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2023, 07:24:40 PM »
Anyway, the Final 4 game against Alabama is going to be great. They aren't going to win over any neutral fans after their off-court bs this year.
Anyone else think it was “cringy” when he mentioned the whole murder situation in the same breath as he said they were the number 1 seed.  Gave then about 8 seconds to enjoy it.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2023, 07:27:52 PM »
Anyone else think it was “cringy” when he mentioned the whole murder situation in the same breath as he said they were the number 1 seed.  Gave then about 8 seconds to enjoy it.

I did. They would have been better off saying nothing rather than the way they (mis)handled it so badly.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2023, 07:28:22 PM »

deservedly so, f*ck Alabama. Whether he was involved or not they dropped the ball and showed that winning games was more important that a woman's life. No matter what happens there season will always be tarnished.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2023, 07:30:38 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2023, 07:31:19 PM »
We’ll have every physical advantage it’s possible to have in a basketball game.  I trust Shaka and the team to be prepared mentally. We should roll. 

Norm

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2023, 07:49:15 PM »
Vermont plays mostly seniors and have been in the NCAAs 3 out of the last 4 years, so the players have been there before.

I'll be nervous since MU hasn't won a NCAA game since 2013 and Shaka's teams have lost 7 NCAA games in a row. Lots of monkeys to get off our backs.

But if MU plays with the energy and focus they did Saturday night at MSG they will be hard to beat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 08:13:51 PM by Norm »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2023, 07:50:13 PM »

Every basket from their Conference Title game for anyone that wants to see them before Friday.

Thanks for posting . We have to make sure Catamounts  don’t get clean looks cause they can make them. These kind of teams can hang around and make 3s. So our defense of last 3 games needs to continue.

It would help our cause to get some early separation , build on it and let our freshman get some tournament minutes .
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 08:16:01 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2023, 07:51:56 PM »
Vermont plays mostly seniors and have been in the NCAAs 3 out of the last 4 years, so the players have been there before.

I'll be nervous since MU hasn't won a NCAA game since 2003 and Shaka's teams have lost 7 NCAA games in a row. Lots of monkeys to get off our backs.

But if MU plays with the energy and focus they did Saturday night at MSG they will be hard to beat.

Huh?

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2023, 07:57:52 PM »
It’s a much better draw than UNC last year,  or Murray State, or South Carolina like we had in the past!   I will take the Catamounts. 

I think we played them at the Bradley Center a long time ago!
The benefit of being a 2 seed and not anything higher….

nyg

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2023, 08:02:16 PM »
Thanks for posting . We have to make sure Catamounts  don’t get clean looks cause they can make them. These kind of teams can hang around and make 3s. So our defense of last 3 games meds to continue.

It would help our cause to get some early separation , build on it and let our freshman get some tournament minutes .

MU will destroy them.  They will not know what hit them and if they get in any foul trouble, it only multiplies. Georgetown would beat this team easily.

If MU happens to lose (not), it would be worse loss in MU history in tournament and definitely Shaka’s career.

Chill out on the cause stuff, demolition crews are enroute to Columbus. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2023, 08:02:51 PM »

I'll be nervous since MU hasn't won a NCAA game since 2003 and Shaka's teams have lost 7 NCAA games in a row. Lots of monkeys to get off our backs.

And I thought we had ALL you COLES on the run. Somebody sic a dobie on this guy.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2023, 08:03:00 PM »
Lots of monkeys to get off our backs.

Catamounts are cats, not monkeys. 

Norm

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2023, 08:14:39 PM »
Huh?

Meant to say 2013, not 2003. Corrected it.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2023, 08:30:25 PM »

Watching that, I already don't like them.  Maybe their leading score, but the rest? Don't like 'em one bit.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2023, 08:32:02 PM »
We'll see how they handle our guys flying around.

They could get hot but I feel like MU is well equipped to guard a team that plays five out.
my basic bball knowledge says 3 2 zone? No way can they deal with our length and speed on the arc. If we bring the energy and hunger, it'll be over at half

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2023, 08:32:49 PM »
Watching that, I already don't like them.  Maybe their leading score, but the rest? Don't like 'em one bit.

As in you don't like the matchup for Marquette? Don't like them to have a chance to win?
VIOLENCE!