[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shots fired on Michigan State Campus  (Read 5212 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Shots fired on Michigan State Campus
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2023, 08:21:54 PM »
Rico

Muggsy is no one’s victim. I simply was saying he seems like one of the really good guys on scoop. I have no idea why anyone would be aggressive with him.

Again, I am going on out on a limp here, but Muggsy contributes a ton on here and is very likable.

I’m not speaking for “my boy” Muggsy, just making an honest comment.

So he can be aggressive in this argument but because he’s a good guy others shouldn’t? 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2023, 08:25:39 PM »
Rico

I am 100% confident you are a smart, clever and quick person and know exactly what I meant. Muggsy is a stalwart on scoop and far from someone looking at pick a fight. IMO, he should garner goodwill respect. Just my take.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2023, 08:27:16 PM »
Goose
You are channeling sultan again.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2023, 08:39:10 PM »
Goose plays the guy who would never insult someone, yet is the ultimate passive aggressive “I’m smarter and more accomplished than you” guy and then plays the victim when someone calls out his BS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2023, 08:39:59 PM »
Goose plays the guy who would never insult someone, yet is the ultimate passive aggressive “I’m smarter and more accomplished than you” guy and then plays the victim when someone calls out his BS.

And you play the douchebag.  What's your point?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2023, 08:50:17 PM »
bias

I insult many on here, you included. I can tell you with authority, there are plenty of smarter and more accomplished scoopers than me. Not sure how what victim I was playing but will take your word on it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2023, 09:45:27 PM »
bias

I insult many on here, you included. I can tell you with authority, there are plenty of smarter and more accomplished scoopers than me. Not sure how what victim I was playing but will take your word on it.

Goose,
Despite our many disagreements here (usually not involving BB), I have had no problem with your postings. Some are snarky; some I deserved. That’s life on an internet chat site.

As long as you’re honest in replying to me (I have no reason to think otherwise), I have no problem. I have no doubt that in the future there will be matters that we agree on and things we don’t.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2023, 10:16:05 PM »
The fact that you actually believe this is mind-boggling. 

I asked Rocket Surgeon the question earlier and I'm not holding my breath for a response....why does this level of gun violence only happen at this level in America compared to other developed countries? 

There have been a variety of proposed actions throughout this thread so it seems like you're simply not paying attention, including regarding background checks, red flag laws, insurance, training, mental health help, and more. 

In regards to violence in our cities, of course that is a problem.  Poverty, drugs, gangs, lack of opportunity, and yes, guns, are part of the problem.  All of these issues and more need to be addressed.

Additionally, no one is realistically claiming that gun violence is going to disappear.  That's ridiculous.  The goal should be to continue to make improvements to save lives, and that includes lives lost on the west or south sides of Chicago or on Michigan State's campus or the next high school, junior high, elementary school, church, movie theater, parade, concert, etc. that this is inevitable going to happen at again sooner than later. 

There is no perfect solution but that shouldn't stop progress.

how do you define "developed nations"?   

Countries with the Highest Rates of Violent Gun Death (Homicides) per 100k residents in 2019
El Salvador — 36.78
Venezuela — 33.27
Guatemala — 29.06
Colombia — 26.36
Brazil — 21.93
Bahamas — 21.52
Honduras — 20.15
U.S. Virgin Islands — 19.40
Puerto Rico — 18.14
Mexico — 16.41

also note, MOST of our "mass shootings" occur in gun FREE zones-well over 90%

red flag laws??  what the...we already ignore the most basic laws as they are...felons with hand guns ring a bell?  felons with hand guns in gun free zones?  restraining orders??  multiple drunken driving offenses until they kill someone??

if we held judges and prosecutors responsible for their decisions as we do police, maybe fewer of these scum bags with incredibly long records and histories of violence would be in prison where they belong and not free to recommit violent acts 

bill maher said during one of his live audience shows- some people just belong in jail and about 3 people clapped...he was shocked. 

judges and prosecutors who let someone off or out easy and then recommit violent crimes should themselves be disbarred and or imprisoned along with the reoffender.  maybe then they would think a little bit more about safety for civilized society they are sworn in to protect. 

i will never understand the defund the police or the election of these D.A's whom everyone knows WILL be soft on crime.  we are hemorrhaging police right now as it is.  early retirements, suicides, fewer applying to become police officers, deaths on the job...some of our once esteemed large cities have become hell holes of crime.  people and businesses moving out in droves.  who's going to pay for the social services left behind?  there's your "defund the police"  that "summer of love" didn't last very long, did it?     

recidivism is one of the biggest reasons for the escalation of violent crime including evil people with guns

don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2023, 10:26:43 PM »

"Anthony McRae pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle after a felony count of carrying a concealed weapon without a license was dropped in 2019"

i rest my case
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2023, 10:35:01 PM »
Lol.

I’d reply but it’s so unbelievably stupid (yet predictable) that it’s not possible to have any reasonable discussion.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2023, 10:39:03 PM »
roQQet:

Thanks for offering one and only one "solution": Build more prisons, lock 'em up, throw away the key. Bravo.

Do you feel the same about the violent domestic terrorists recently convicted of seditious conspiracy?

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2023, 10:54:38 PM »
Add to that mix the same people that look down on the blue collar jobs, also blaming them for any number of ills of society and the US’s sordid history.  Again not a boohoo oppressed white men, but telling a broke and poorly educated white man that he is the problem with America or that he’s profited off of (insert minority group) for too long in a blanket statement lacking nuance, and boom you have grievances and misunderstandings that need to be acted upon. 

Giving that dude a gun, or raising him in a culture that revolves around guns (even if not a guns solve problems bang bang culture) and it’s a mess.

" Broke and poorly educated white men" everywhere certainly are lucky to have a liberal such as yourself advocate for them. As a former broke and poorly educated white man myself, having grown up on a farm in rural Wisconsin 50 years ago, and having worked 3 jobs at times to afford a Marquette education, I can advise you that I have never owned a gun and I have never felt compelled to even hold one. With an advanced degree from MU, I still may be uneducated, but not all of we "blue collar types" have felt compelled to get an illegal gun and shoot someone.

Man, I am so thankful for your post and the post you quoted. It reminds me, yet again, how lower class guys like myself, and the guys I "run with", are viewed by guys like you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2023, 11:01:02 PM »
Yeah, Wags ... you liberal you!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2023, 01:56:21 AM »
jockey

As we have discussed many times, we might not agree on much, but basketball is usually a common ground for us. I am giving myself advice, only to post on basketball threads. The non ball threads have caused most of the controversy and bias we have for other posters and I am guilty of that.

I do not think I would have any serious bias for any poster if I simply stayed on the AL. Plus, I enjoy 90% of the basketball threads. Maybe we all could use more basketball and less other time on scoop.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2023, 05:05:05 AM »

"Anthony McRae pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle after a felony count of carrying a concealed weapon without a license was dropped in 2019"

i rest my case

What case is that?  Ironically the law that he broke is one that pro gun advocates have been trying to repeal - the ability to conceal carry without a permit.

Furthermore as a matter of practicality, do you want people arrested for conceal carry, but who have no other offenses on their record, to be in prison? That seems ridiculous to me.

If what I am reading about him is correct, he had no prior run in with the law outside of this. But sounds like he had profound mental illness that his family tried to help him with but spiraled after his mother’s death in 2020. 

People like that should not have access to a firearm. But the state no authority to take away his firearm if the family requested. He should also be able to get his mental illness treated. But sure…locking him up indefinitely for something that the NRA doesn’t even want to be a crime would have been the better option.  🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2023, 05:06:41 AM »
Nm
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2023, 06:19:07 AM »
Should a single mom or young woman  living in a violent neighborhood or in the middle of nowhere have the right to protect herself?  And as far as the potential government going tyrannical are you saying that's no longer conceivable?  Was it conceivable in Europe less than 100 yrs ago?

Hoooooooly hell man.  Do you honestly think Jim Bob in the corn field who eats McDonald's everyday has any chance whatsoever against a 'tyrannical government'?

These clods aren't the Mujahadeen.  They're cosplayers.  They'd get mowed down by a drone from 60k feet that they wouldn't even know was there.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2023, 06:22:30 AM »
I'm just damn glad Paul Pelosi didn't have a handgun around his house. Better for an 80+ year old man to get smashed over the head a couple of times with a hammer than keep a weapon under the bed

The actual attack is on the police body cam while armed men are present.  But yes, continue.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2023, 06:29:46 AM »
Rico

You really do not care and that is fine.

I do.  Regale me with tales of the dentist turned vigilante from a wealthy Milwaukee suburb.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2023, 06:39:03 AM »
I have to say, a lot of action geared towards Muggsy. I never have met him in person, but he seems like a big time great guy. He would be the last guy I would be attacking if I had a different viewpoint. I guess some folks can’t help themselves.

No one is attacking Mugsy.  They're asking for clarification about why he feels the way he feels about this subject.

He has a lot of opinions, but doesn't seem interested in explaining why he holds those opinions.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2023, 06:41:47 AM »
" Broke and poorly educated white men" everywhere certainly are lucky to have a liberal such as yourself advocate for them. As a former broke and poorly educated white man myself, having grown up on a farm in rural Wisconsin 50 years ago, and having worked 3 jobs at times to afford a Marquette education, I can advise you that I have never owned a gun and I have never felt compelled to even hold one. With an advanced degree from MU, I still may be uneducated, but not all of we "blue collar types" have felt compelled to get an illegal gun and shoot someone.

Man, I am so thankful for your post and the post you quoted. It reminds me, yet again, how lower class guys like myself, and the guys I "run with", are viewed by guys like you.

Oh God guys, don't tell him.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2023, 06:49:50 AM »
I do.  Regale me with tales of the dentist turned vigilante from a wealthy Milwaukee suburb.

Hards

He just moved to Mequon recently. He was hardened by the Milwaukee streets.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2023, 08:08:57 AM »
Hards, smoke a bowl or take the old lady for a roll in the hay.  You are way to worked up for 630 am.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2023, 08:15:28 AM »
jesmu

I responded to Ziggy’s post, not Muggsy. Unlike many on scoop, I am not an expert on Israeli laws or shooting statistics. I will stand by point that there are probably more surrender guys than battle guys arguing gun control on scoop.

In my experience, internet tough guys aren’t so tough standing next to people in person, in real life.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2023, 08:20:46 AM »
In my experience, internet tough guys aren’t so tough standing next to people in person, in real life.

We can't all be super heroes,  Archman.

feedback