[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UCONN -4  (Read 7536 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: UCONN -4
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2023, 07:10:30 AM »
I think everyone was just a bit tired on Saturday.
I re-watched the game, and one thing I specifically looked for was a sign of fatigue. I saw none.

These are great athletes, time-outs are long and plentiful, and the game was not especially fast-paced. The team had 2 home games, so no travel was required all week. No starter played more than 32 minutes, each playing almost exactly at his season average (Mitchell a little less, only 20). We got 16+ minutes off the bench from each of the 3 subs, with Gold playing a season-high 19.

I'd have been a little disappointed if Shaka had used "tired legs" as an excuse. Glad he didn't.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »
I re-watched the game, and one thing I specifically looked for was a sign of fatigue. I saw none.

These are great athletes, time-outs are long and plentiful, and the game was not especially fast-paced. The team had 2 home games, so no travel was required all week. No starter played more than 32 minutes, each playing almost exactly at his season average (Mitchell a little less, only 20). We got 16+ minutes off the bench from each of the 3 subs, with Gold playing a season-high 19.

I'd have been a little disappointed if Shaka had used "tired legs" as an excuse. Glad he didn't.

Or "we're young team".
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2023, 07:51:07 AM »

I didn't see any excuses offered but MU is banged up. Provided more minutes for Gold and Chase to step up.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2023, 07:55:25 AM »
I am not going to lie.   I have a strong COLE vibe for this one.

UConn and the points
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2023, 07:57:09 AM »
There's going to be a stinker sometime this year...This game 100% feels like the game. I have been bearish all year but tonight I genuinely would be shocked if this is a close game. Uconn sadly by double digits. Hopefully wakes the boys up a bit for GTOWN (they didnt have Murray last time) and then we have to take care of business at home.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2023, 08:07:14 AM »
I am at a company wide event tonight during the game.  >:( Plus most people I know here know I’m a huge Marquette fan. Would be nice to celebrate a big victory but I’m not hopeful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2023, 08:08:02 AM »
Marquette by 100
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2023, 08:09:03 AM »
Maybe the last 2 games were the stinkers?

Look, UConn is at home and is favored (as it should be). A little over a month ago, many were calling them the best team in the country. I'm an optimist and I think we are a tough matchup for them (and they are a tough matchup for us). But obviously Marquette could lose this game.

Marquette is a top-10 team and deservedly so. I mean, we're real good. And for all the concern about us not playing all that well lately ... UConn has?

Not sure why they're due but we aren't.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2023, 08:12:18 AM »
Long shot, but any chance someone in NYC is making the drive up to Hartford tomorrow? Would be happy to split gas. Would love to see this game, but the trip isn’t quite realistic by train.

You'd have to take the 2:57pm to New Haven then transfer to the CTRail Springfield line.
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Grand-Central-42nd-Street-Station/Hartford-Union-Station#r/Train

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2023, 08:12:33 AM »
An on the road victory at UConn would offset the Wisconsin loss at home.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2023, 08:21:14 AM »
Maybe they should just forfeit the game?  👀

nyg

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2023, 08:23:55 AM »
There's going to be a stinker sometime this year...This game 100% feels like the game. I have been bearish all year but tonight I genuinely would be shocked if this is a close game. Uconn sadly by double digits. Hopefully wakes the boys up a bit for GTOWN (they didnt have Murray last time) and then we have to take care of business at home.

I hope not.  A loss at UCONN at home would not be devastating.  A loss to Georgetown, which I don't see happening, would be devastating.  First time around Georgetown also did not have Heath or Mozone, along with Murray not playing. With all of them back, it might be more competitive than first game.

MU must take advantage of Freemantle not playing for X at a home game for MU. 

Hope it's a close game tonight with no foul trouble for Oso.  If that happens, MU in big trouble.   

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2023, 08:24:14 AM »
Maybe they should just forfeit the game?  👀

Not going to lie, there is a lot of chicken little here and on the twitter. It's kind of weird. You'd think we were 4-7 in last 11, not 10-1. Great opportunity tonight for a strong road win. Think our guys scrap one out.

Trust the process and system.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2023, 08:28:31 AM »
I would not bet on MU to win tonight, but I think they have legit chance of getting the win. Tough place to play and need to take the crowd out of the game. Like every game, they need to make the open shots to get the win. I think we will have a good idea how the game will go in the first 5-7 minutes. That said, MU has surprised to the upside when they have fell behind. Fingers crossed!!!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2023, 08:30:29 AM »
Maybe the last 2 games were the stinkers?

Look, UConn is at home and is favored (as it should be). A little over a month ago, many were calling them the best team in the country. I'm an optimist and I think we are a tough matchup for them (and they are a tough matchup for us). But obviously Marquette could lose this game.

Marquette is a top-10 team and deservedly so. I mean, we're real good. And for all the concern about us not playing all that well lately ... UConn has?

Not sure why they're due but we aren't.

Its almost a running gag at this point.

If its not a trap game. The other team needs it more. If they dont need it more they are simply more due.

If its none of that our team that plays 9 guys is tired.

The great thing about college basketball is all games are big for teams. Do we need this game to make the tourney? No. But its a big game for seeding and winning a damn conference title.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2023, 08:36:37 AM »
UConn doesn't have the guard play, exploit that and MU could win.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2023, 08:44:31 AM »
Marquette is due for a hot shooting night. Both wins this past week were average shooting at best.

YES!  took the same thoughts right outta my head howie-

we ALL get hot, pressure defense, everyone is clicking...WINNING!!

we're due for a nice game beginning to end and not a better time for that to happen
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2023, 08:46:59 AM »
Not going to lie, there is a lot of chicken little here and on the twitter. It's kind of weird. You'd think we were 4-7 in last 11, not 10-1. Great opportunity tonight for a strong road win. Think our guys scrap one out.

Trust the process and system.

MU has played wonderfully.    Enjoying it immensely.    Having said that, a road game against a ranked conference opponent on our second trip through the league.    MU could play really well and still lose.   No shame.    Life among the big boys.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2023, 08:51:04 AM »
Its almost a running gag at this point.

If its not a trap game. The other team needs it more. If they dont need it more they are simply more due.

If its none of that our team that plays 9 guys is tired.

The great thing about college basketball is all games are big for teams. Do we need this game to make the tourney? No. But its a big game for seeding and winning a damn conference title.

Yessir to all of that, especially "all games are big for teams." I mean, why does UConn "want" this more than Marquette does? That makes no sense.

Fans of hundreds of teams wish their team were as good as our team is, but some Scoopers are too busy fearing ghosts from the past to truly enjoy what we've got.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2023, 08:53:12 AM »

OMax and Oso each called out multiple times and OMax could hardly make it up and down the court at one point in the 2nd half. That was very noticeable in the arena.

A win is a win is a win, but they were absolutely gassed.
VIOLENCE!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2023, 08:56:19 AM »
OMax and Oso each called out multiple times and OMax could hardly make it up and down the court at one point in the 2nd half. That was very noticeable in the arena.

A win is a win is a win, but they were absolutely gassed.

I heard he was missing a hip

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2023, 09:01:28 AM »
Yessir to all of that, especially "all games are big for teams." I mean, why does UConn "want" this more than Marquette does? That makes no sense.

Fans of hundreds of teams wish their team were as good as our team is, but some Scoopers are too busy fearing ghosts from the past to truly enjoy what we've got.
Both/and.   I realize what this team has accomplished and think it is very good and worthy of its ranking.  I think MU loses tonight.  The two are not mutually exclusive, contradictory concepts.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2023, 09:03:07 AM »
Both/and.   I realize what this team has accomplished and think it is very good and worthy of its ranking.  I think MU loses tonight.  The two are not mutually exclusive, contradictory concepts.

Of course, tower.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2023, 09:04:14 AM »
I heard he was missing a hip

They used one of his for Kam. Spare parts are backed up due to supply chain issues.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2023, 09:07:47 AM »
They used one of his for Kam. Spare parts are backed up due to supply chain issues.

Wonder who is using Sean’s wrist?