[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Adjusted Expectations  (Read 467 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Adjusted Expectations
« on: January 27, 2023, 07:59:17 AM »
I'm fully expect this team to elevate their level of play the 2nd half of the BEast season and into the NCAA tournament.  We've been really good, even great at times, but I believe there are areas where we have yet to go full throttle/medieval and in the process pulverize teams in our path.   

Full disclosure I predicted a 22-9 season, landing on the 7 line, and likely not making the 2nd weekend.  Everything has now changed and in my estimation we are a legitimate top 10 ball-club as long as we remain focused.  Ergo, while I know anything can happen in the tournament, I think the primary goal right now should be the 2 seed line and winning the BEast.  In closing I will just say that here is my list of teams better than MU in our conference:

That is correct ZERO.

Let's begin our quest by dismantling DePaul tomorrow and continue to strive for greatness.  Fk Xavier btw. 

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Adjusted Expectations
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 07:59:54 AM »
Oh...I meant to post this in tbe hoops thread.  Sorry.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 08:07:43 AM »
3-7 probably makes the tournament.  I expect MU to do better than that.   Playing for a seed now.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 08:16:18 AM »
Muggsy

S16 is my expectations and I think it is very realistic. Depending on the draw, the bar could be raised higher. You do not get a season or a team like this very often. You need to capitalize when the opportunity presents itself.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 09:26:14 AM »
Muggsy

S16 is my expectations and I think it is very realistic. Depending on the draw, the bar could be raised higher. You do not get a season or a team like this very often. You need to capitalize when the opportunity presents itself.

I'm with you Goose.  But it also is my opinion that our ceiling is higher than Xavier's as well as the other potential tournament teams in the BEast.

feedback