[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oso article in The Athletic  (Read 2526 times)

BLWarrior91

• All American
Oso article in The Athletic
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:11:19 PM »
More great stuff from The Athletic. 

Here’s an excerpt:  Oso Ighodaro is the most important piece in Marquette’s steadily auspicious season because he is the thing everybody wishes they had and hardly ever does.

https://theathletic.com/4083815/2023/01/12/marquette-win-uconn-oso-ighodaro/

MU82

• All American
Re: Oso article in The Athletic
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 03:22:16 PM »
Brian Hamilton's a talented writer. He also believes (as would most coaches if asked IMHO) that Oso is the one irreplaceable piece in Marquette's lineup.

Maybe that’s not the case every game, and it’s ridiculous to ignore Tyler Kolek’s passing and Kam Jones’ maturation in shot selection as driving factors to a 6-1 start in Big East play, but can you imagine everything functioning as cleanly without Ighodaro? “He’s 6-9 and he can handle and pass the ball like a guard, and he makes good decisions,” Smart said. “He’s our biggest guy out there, and we’re setting ball screens for him. That’s unique.” ...

... Going into Wednesday, Ighodaro led Marquette in Win Shares (2.6), effective field goal percentage (.672), total rebound percentage (12.6) and block rate (6.6 percent) while ranking second in minutes played (519) and assist rate (18.3 percent). The less calculable part is his eagerness to put in the time to be the asset he is, which makes him among the many avatars for Marquette men’s basketball this season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 06:31:44 PM »
MU could lose any player, with the exception of Oso, and still compete on most nights.  If Oso goes down...season over.  He came up a little limp during the UCONN game...I think I now know what the start of a panick attack feels like.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 08:23:17 PM »
I occasionally come up a little limp but there are pills for that!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 01:57:03 PM »
In the least shocking news ever, Andy Katz left Oso off his Top 25 Bigs list.

5 tiers, none of which Oso made while the likes of Steven Crowl made Tier 4 along with a bunch of other guys most of America doesn't know.
VIOLENCE!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 02:28:02 PM »
In the least shocking news ever, Andy Katz left Oso off his Top 25 Bigs list.

5 tiers, none of which Oso made while the likes of Steven Crowl made Tier 4 along with a bunch of other guys most of America doesn't know.

And his mentions immediately got blown up by Marquette fans.

We really are an incredibly petty/defensive fan base.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 02:30:24 PM »
And his mentions immediately got blown up by Marquette fans.

We really are an incredibly petty/defensive fan base.

That describes every fan base.  And it's also a ridiculous omission and he should be called out for it. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 02:44:18 PM »
That describes every fan base.  And it's also a ridiculous omission and he should be called out for it.

While true, it’s Marquette fans that made up a fake article “written” by Myron Metcalf and destroyed his mentions for what felt like an entire month.

We’re pretty petty lol

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 02:51:16 PM »
While true, it’s Marquette fans that made up a fake article “written” by Myron Metcalf and destroyed his mentions for what felt like an entire month.

We’re pretty petty lol

nah you just notice cause its Marquette. Its the same for every fanbase.

Katz missing Oso was one of the more blatnatly negligent things he coulda done. That chick who got canned with the wonky top 25 vote at least had an excuse.

All Katz can say is "I dont actually do my job and follow every the game"
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 02:54:37 PM »
We're the only fanbase that are the butt of a joke about how much Marquette fans hate them on the two college basketball podcasts I listen to (Titus and Tate and Eye on College Basketball).  I feel like I've heard it from other CBB analysts too, but definitely those two podcasts.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 02:58:13 PM »
We're the only fanbase that are the butt of a joke about how much Marquette fans hate them on the two college basketball podcasts I listen to (Titus and Tate and Eye on College Basketball).  I feel like I've heard it from other CBB analysts too, but definitely those two podcasts.

Wow we should really feel bad

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 03:00:20 PM »

That's because they all know Scoop Knows Ball. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 03:00:26 PM »
Maybe Katz views Oso as a point forward.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 03:54:26 PM »

That's hilarious. When was that? And I feel like there was a genuine reason for hating Titus and Tate or am I misremembering?
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 04:00:57 PM »
That's hilarious. When was that? And I feel like there was a genuine reason for hating Titus and Tate or am I misremembering?

Eye on College Basketball brings it up anytime they bring up Marquette (and Norlander has talked about how way wrong he was about MU this year multiple times this season on these podcasts).  I don't know when it started, but it's been going on for a while.  I think Marquette fans must have jumped on him for not giving MU "respect" at some point, possibly not having them ranked "properly" (or at all) in his Top 25 and 1 daily rankings at some point.  It's typically Norlander saying something along the lines of, "Marquette, who we all know Parrish hates..." and goes from there.

They do that with Indiana fans too.  Parrish's joke is that when Indiana loses the whole state of Indiana loses their internet, because all the IU fans that are all over him for "disrespecting" them are suddenly nowhere to be found in his mentions.

Titus and Tate I'm no sure where it started either.  I feel like they may have had somebody working with/for them that was a Marquette grad because after MU beat UNC Wojo's last year Tate had to wear MU gear while recording the podcast because he lost a bet to the person.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 04:03:40 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 04:03:09 PM »
All Katz can say is "I dont actually do my job and follow every the game"

His job is to follow every game?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 04:48:47 PM »

His job is to follow every game?

Yeah he should have an idea of whats happened each night in college basketball. Is there going to be anything to take note of in Georgetown vs Butler? Probably not. But his literal job is to extensively follow and cover the sport of college basketball. The only way you can miss Oso is by simply not following the sport nightly and periodically checking a random set of games.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 06:11:18 PM »
Andy Katz apologized. Shaka says is BS, he should change the list. But no need to beg for recognition. Right now on Dave Buster's Interview
Goal is National Championship

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2023, 06:18:43 PM »
Andy Katz apologized. Shaka says is BS, he should change the list. But no need to beg for recognition. Right now on Dave Buster's Interview

Newsie, you serious?  I did not see the interview.  If not, I love it.  Just posted on another thread Shaka is not as mild mannered as I thought he was from previous interviews.  I love that he is ratcheting up the intensity as this season is ramping up.   I love that he is making a list of slights on the players and program. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2023, 06:22:44 PM »
I've said this before, we are one of the most petty college basketball fanbases. This is because all of our crazy is aimed at basketball. At the football schools all the crazy goes towards football. We are one of the biggest basketball only fanbases ergo...
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 06:29:16 PM »
Newsie, you serious?  I did not see the interview.  If not, I love it.  Just posted on another thread Shaka is not as mild mannered as I thought he was from previous interviews.  I love that he is ratcheting up the intensity as this season is ramping up.   I love that he is making a list of slights on the players and program.
It is live, audio. Every Thursday 6 CT. You can listen later if you want. Connect with the MU app

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2023, 06:30:04 PM »
Kam about to be interviewed.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2023, 06:31:51 PM »
[quote author =TAMU, Knower of Ball link=topic=64024.msg1507767#msg1507767 date=1674778964]
I've said this before, we are one of the most petty college basketball fanbases. This is because all of our crazy is aimed at basketball. At the football schools all the crazy goes towards football. We are one of the biggest basketball only fanbases ergo...
[/quote]

Ergo we know ball  ;D

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2023, 07:38:00 PM »

I mostly agree with this but I think
a lot of the blow back by Marquette fans is driven by analytics.  I know of no other analytically based fan base. From Brew, to Paint Touches, to Cracked Sidewalks to Pudner and even posters here. More so, Marquette has a lot of Communications and Journalism graduates. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 07:41:28 PM »
I mostly agree with this but I think
a lot of the blow back by Marquette fans is driven by analytics.  I know of no other analytically based fan base. From Brew, to Paint Touches, to Cracked Sidewalks to Pudner and even posters here. More so, Marquette has a lot of Communications and Journalism graduates.

Well and we know 🏀

feedback