[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Holloway ro-o-o-o-o-o-ad (MU earns a Vacation)  (Read 7311 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Holloway ro-o-o-o-o-o-ad (MU earns a Vacation)
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2023, 04:01:22 AM »
I did not see the CBS guys pick SH …
Losers

Also … MU just beat their A$$es
Not close.  Workman like beat down.

This team is sooo fun to watch.
SHU beat their own a$$es.  They were beyond horrible yesterday.  Of course we had something to do with it, but most of their wounds were self-inflicted.  That look at Holloway on their last unforced turnover with his hands on his knees and head down was priceless.  Personally, they are the team I hate the most in the Big East, and by a wide margin, so I am thrilled with this game.

I agree 100% that this team is sooo much fun to watch.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2023, 06:25:21 AM »
SHU beat their own a$$es.  They were beyond horrible yesterday.  Of course we had something to do with it, but most of their wounds were self-inflicted.  That look at Holloway on their last unforced turnover with his hands on his knees and head down was priceless.  Personally, they are the team I hate the most in the Big East, and by a wide margin, so I am thrilled with this game.

We could've had more steals but they threw those balls too far out of bounds.  ;D

Some of those passes...ouch, it was just like "where are you even going with that?"
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2023, 06:45:02 AM »

You can thank Wojo for recruiting 3 starters!
I think we would be better without them.
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:02 AM »
4.  We have a new villain.   Ndefo.

Unless we meet in the Big East or NCAA Tournaments, we'll never see him again.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2023, 06:58:46 AM »
Shaka's current offense was installed at Texas in 2021. That was his highest ranked offense of his Texas tenure, and also the first year Nevada came in. Pretty sure the offense is his, but I also think it's in the way Shaka lets him run it. The recent comments about making sure the guys can have fun and that scoring is fun definitely seems to come from the top.
Yes, in a Dave & Buster's interview last year Nevada was the main interview and he explained that he is mainly responsible for the offense and Shaka the defense. But obviously he mentioned that they make suggestions to each other. If this trajectory continues this year MU needs to open up the wallet, I think he might get offers.
Goal is National Championship

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2023, 07:03:04 AM »
He could, although he isn't an "assistant coach" likely because he doesn't want to recruit. I actually wonder if he might get looks by NBA teams.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »
I think it’s a good sign that the two teams we’ve played twice, we did better in the second game.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2023, 07:08:57 AM »
I think it’s a good sign that the two teams we’ve played twice, we did better in the second game.

That's a really good point.

connie

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2023, 07:26:06 AM »
Great point.  And another example of the total turnaround we are experiencing. Just some additional gravy poured over the top
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2023, 07:30:31 AM »

Well one of those teams (PC) we played at home the second time - the difference between the two games is pretty much what home court is worth.  The second (SH) is a team that is clearly inferior.

Obviously this theory is going to get many chances to get tested.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2023, 08:36:09 AM »
My new favorite past time is going over to other Big East teams’ message boards after games and read them tear their hair out after we wipe the floor with them. It gives me great pleasure.

My Seton Hall friend here in CT was texting me after the game complaining about all their turnovers and I had to reply that causing turnovers is our hallmark this season.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »

I would hypothesize that Seton Hall was sped up by our defensive intensity, pace, multiple efforts - that led to errant passes etc.  It's a mental grind to be faced with the kind of on-ball defense/multiple effort defense we play.

It was truly a sight to behold though, seeing us completely rip the heart/soul out of a team on their home court that came into the game with momentum and optimism based on recent performance.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2023, 09:38:56 AM »
I would hypothesize that Seton Hall was sped up by our defensive intensity, pace, multiple efforts - that led to errant passes etc.  It's a mental grind to be faced with the kind of on-ball defense/multiple effort defense we play.

It was truly a sight to behold though, seeing us completely rip the heart/soul out of a team on their home court that came into the game with momentum and optimism based on recent performance.

Yep, that was awesome!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2023, 09:42:15 AM »
IMO, they flat out were not going to lose yesterday. They played a very tough stretch and a loss yesterday would have been a bad way to end a good stretch of ball against very good teams. MU is far better than SH and I think they went in there to take care of business and then enjoy a week off. Not comparing this to the Al era, but his teams always took care of business. Win big, win small or win ugly it did/does not matter in a game like yesterday.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2023, 09:53:34 AM »
Well one of those teams (PC) we played at home the second time - the difference between the two games is pretty much what home court is worth.  The second (SH) is a team that is clearly inferior.

Obviously this theory is going to get many chances to get tested.

It's super small sample size, but our game scores per Torvik were better in the second games. 86 to 93 for Providence, 96 to 99 for SHU. And it doesn't just score better on wins, our 61 vs Chicago State was one of our three worst scores of the season.

Certainly two instances isn't enough to draw real conclusions, but it's better than trending in the other direction.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2023, 09:54:18 AM »
So right, Goose. There really was never 1 second yesterday that I thought losing was possible. That hasn't been the case in every game this season, but it's been the case in just about all of these "we're simply much better than that team" games -- and that's not as easy as it sounds.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2023, 10:01:47 AM »
And not everyone is sold on Shaka - Rocky included.

I accept that label - and note that "winning" cures what ails my skepticism.  And my bar isn't even very high - I stated all along he just needed to win 1 NCAA game in his first 3 years.  He's got a good chance to fix that this year!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2023, 10:26:20 AM »

Fairly early in the game one of the announcers said something about SH playing at Marquette's pace and my immediate thought was that would be a big mistake for SH. And it was.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.