Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We Must Clean the Glass  (Read 4464 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: We Must Clean the Glass
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2023, 06:33:20 PM »
Jop had 2 missed 3s where he didn’t follow his shot. Both shots resulted in long rebounds that Jop could’ve gotten if he followed his shot as no X player was on him. Generally, this team’s hustle is great, but there are times when it isn’t.

A lot of coaches don't want perimeter shooters to follow up their shots because they don't want to give up something easy on the other end. I see this at all levels of basketball now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2023, 06:36:57 PM »
Does anyone have the 2nd chance points stats for this game?

X 17, MU 8

We had 2 more points in the paint and 4 more points off turnovers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2023, 06:42:32 PM »
X 17, MU 8

We had 2 more points in the paint and 4 more points off turnovers.

Ty.

Kam settled quite a bit on Sunday.  I know TyKo had it going but I'd like to see Kam aggressive with his downhill attacks and take a few before he gets to the rim.  The good news is MU was right there with their C offensive game in the 2H. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2023, 08:06:58 PM »
MU needs Windex to really clean the glass
Late
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 06:46:33 AM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship

panda

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2023, 08:11:56 PM »
I have been playing bb my entire life. I am seventy now. I wanted my son to play in high school and get a college scholarship. I worked with him on the fundamentals but I didn't browbeat him.  He could hit three pointers from distance at a high percentage but he didn't get enough shots his freshman year and got discouraged. I told him to get rebounds and shoot the ball. He said dad the rebounds don't come to me and I said, they don't come to you- you go get them. He quit his sophomore year.  My grandson was more athletic, he ran up and down the court like a gazelle. He could get a break away and dunk. After his freshman year of bb he quit to concentrate on football. He got a scholarship, got a girl pregnant and quit school.  Oh well, that's the way it goes. I don't know if this means anything to anyone, just my experience. No regrets.

That’s the American dream oil can. Thanks for sharing

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2023, 09:40:03 PM »
Well the thing is they're both healthy and happy doing other things.  That's all that really matters. Thank you for recognizing my point of view. The ball doesn't come to you after it bounces off the backboard or the rim. You go after it. 

Speaking of going after it:  Smart has used this time to evaluate his team, find out what his players (especially the young ones) are capable of in game situations, and he's determining their roles. If someone could break out pick up his play as quickly and Wade or work as hard as Jimmy that player would jump up and grab the minutes necessary to make an impact.  This year. I think we are a year away. I also think Kam Jones will start to take over because he will benefit from the Kolek passes and will shoot more and make a high percentage of threes. And the guy can drive the lane. Until he gets pushed chest to chest by a bigger defender at the guard he's going to shoot the lights out. He needs to because MU can't push butt with some of the guys in the BE. If you hit shots you don't care about rebounds.  Am I wrong?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2023, 09:41:27 PM »
We beat them by 32 last year.

Xavier is alot better than PC

Personal opinion, I think PC is far better this year than they were last year. Last year's team lucked into a lot of results and wasn't as good as their asterisked Big East title and tourney run would indicate in retrospect. Hopkins is a legit NBA player and has maybe the best claim to BEPOY at this point. Carter was a great add and he's excellent on both ends. Croswell is better than Watson. Last year, they would've folded at Creighton, but they fought back in that game and made it close even though they ultimately fell. I think this league is a 3-team race between X, PC, and us. Winning tomorrow would go a long way toward giving us a shot at a share of that title.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2023, 01:26:52 AM »
Oilcan

Making shots hides a lot of weaknesses. Glad to see you posting more often. It has been a fun season so far and the guys are fun to watch.

panda

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2023, 06:38:43 AM »
The ball doesn't come to you after it bounces off the backboard or the rim. You go after it. 

A euphemism for the challenges and complexities of life. Thx oil can

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2023, 07:10:53 AM »
That's exactly right Oilcan.  Rebs don't magically fall into your hands.

Does MU have a rebounder on their radar for next year?  It's too bad Wrightsil got injured.  I don't think we ever really got to see what he could do our there.   I expect Gold to improve a lot over his career at MU. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 07:22:14 AM by MuggsyB »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2023, 07:16:35 AM »

Does MU have a rebounder on their radar for next year?  It's top bad Wrightsil got injured.  I don't think we ever really got to see what he could do our there.   I expect Gold to improve a lot over his career at MU.

Barring multiple transfers, we know the exact roster for next year. And considering we have 13 scholarship players and 14 committed, we know there will be one going out that doesn't allow anyone to come in.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2023, 07:17:01 AM »

Does MU have a rebounder on their radar for next year?

If Amadou, Lowery, or Norman turn into a rebounding machine, then yes.    The roster is set.    The only questions are who isn't going to be here and why. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2023, 07:28:41 AM »
If Amadou, Lowery, or Norman turn into a rebounding machine, then yes.    The roster is set.    The only questions are who isn't going

Clearly we have game in the backcourt.  MU's future is bright, I'd just like one versatile 3/4 that can rebound. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2023, 07:39:06 AM »

Does MU have a rebounder on their radar for next year?  It's too bad Wrightsil got injured.  I don't think we ever really got to see what he could do our there.   I expect Gold to improve a lot over his career at MU.

I’m not sure where you can find roster information for next year.  We probably won’t know until opening tip next November
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2023, 09:14:27 AM »
In more than one game, I felt MU had rebound position, but waited for rebound to come to them instead of actively going after it. We did not get the rebound because an opposing player went hard after it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2023, 09:15:04 AM »
Personal opinion, I think PC is far better this year than they were last year. Last year's team lucked into a lot of results and wasn't as good as their asterisked Big East title and tourney run would indicate in retrospect. Hopkins is a legit NBA player and has maybe the best claim to BEPOY at this point. Carter was a great add and he's excellent on both ends. Croswell is better than Watson. Last year, they would've folded at Creighton, but they fought back in that game and made it close even though they ultimately fell. I think this league is a 3-team race between X, PC, and us. Winning tomorrow would go a long way toward giving us a shot at a share of that title.

Agree with your personal opinion, brew, which I guess makes it my personal opinion too. Hopkins is a beast, one of the two best transfers (Boum being the other) to hit the Big East this season.

Looking forward to beating them tonight.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2023, 09:19:42 AM »
Agree with your personal opinion, brew, which I guess makes it my personal opinion too. Hopkins is a beast, one of the two best transfers (Boum being the other) to hit the Big East this season.

Looking forward to beating them tonight.

Last I checked, our transfer is the only National Player of the Year.  All jokes aside, I wish Wrightsil was healthy to see what he could bring to this team.
VIOLENCE!