[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Grad has Spy Movie Podcast show!  (Read 1016 times)

Daniel

• All American
Marquette Grad has Spy Movie Podcast show!
« on: January 14, 2023, 05:06:08 PM »
Hi,  not sure if this is the place to do this but here I go!   I got my Master’s degree in philosophy from Marquette along time ago, and taught logic at MU too.  Was there for the big NCAA Championship - what great days!   Feeling very similar vibes with Shaka, but we’ll take one game at a time! MU basketball is exciting again!

Anyway, I have a podcast show, hosted with a friend, all about spy movies from classics like The 39 Steps to James Bond, Mission: Impossible and current releases.  We look for connections, influences and do interviews - we just interviewed Robert Davi, Fran’s Sanchez from Licence to Kill!  Fun stuff! We got rated in thee Top 10 Spy/Espionage podcasts too!

Our website is https://www.SpyMovieNavigator.com, and our podcast show, available everywhere in the apps, is Cracking the Code of Spy Movies!   

Let me know if you take a listen!

Goose

• All American
Re: Marquette Grad has Spy Movie Podcast show!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 02:13:57 AM »
Daniel

Very cool. My wife and oldest son are both very big spy movie fans. I will share the info on the podcast to them. Thanks for sharing.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 07:14:21 AM »
Have you discussed the possibility of a female James Bond and how that would be received by the movie going public? I have read that the next Bond will still be male, but they are floating the idea.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 07:39:33 AM »
Hi,  not sure if this is the place to do this but here I go!   I got my Master’s degree in philosophy from Marquette along time ago, and taught logic at MU too.  Was there for the big NCAA Championship - what great days!   Feeling very similar vibes with Shaka, but we’ll take one game at a time! MU basketball is exciting again!

Anyway, I have a podcast show, hosted with a friend, all about spy movies from classics like The 39 Steps to James Bond, Mission: Impossible and current releases.  We look for connections, influences and do interviews - we just interviewed Robert Davi, Fran’s Sanchez from Licence to Kill!  Fun stuff! We got rated in thee Top 10 Spy/Espionage podcasts too!

Our website is https://www.SpyMovieNavigator.com, and our podcast show, available everywhere in the apps, is Cracking the Code of Spy Movies!   

If you taught logic to some of the posters here, you failed Big Time!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:43:53 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 07:43:56 AM »

That's awesome! 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 07:45:26 AM »
If you taught loic to some of the posters here, you failed Big Time!
Or spelling

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 09:43:11 AM »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »
Daniel

Very cool. My wife and oldest son are both very big spy movie fans. I will share the info on the podcast to them. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Goose!  Much appreciated!,
Dan

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 01:58:54 PM »
Have you discussed the possibility of a female James Bond and how that would be received by the movie going public? I have read that the next Bond will still be male, but they are floating the idea.

We talk about a lot of stuff, and actually cover stuff like that in a special monthly podcast segment n our show called Spy Movie News - usually comes out last Tuesday of the month.   We release new episodes primarily on Tuesdays.   Thanks for the question - we have. Facebook page too, under SpyMovieNavigation and we post lots of cool stuff there.   Thanks!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 01:59:20 PM »
If you taught logic to some of the posters here, you failed Big Time!

Too funny! 

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2023, 08:25:15 PM »
Episode request: Spies Like Us.

Love that movie.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2023, 08:27:28 PM »
'You have a tent? '
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 10:25:21 AM »
Episode request: Spies Like Us.

Love that movie.

Hi - did you take a listen to the podcast episode on it?  Ty
Dan

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023, 01:39:20 PM »
Hi - did you take a listen to the podcast episode on it?  Ty
Dan

Sorry, I missed it on my initial search. Just gave it a listen and agree with Tom. To his initial point, I am a fan of many of the components on screen and behind the scenes. In my opinion, the comedy holds up. I had always wondered about the authenticity of the Soviet wrist watch.

The end of the cold war has always fascinated me. I have to give a plug to Michael Malice's new book The White Pill. I highly recommend it. whitepillbook.com

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023, 02:47:41 PM »
Hey thanks for listening!  We appreciate it!   Let me know if you listen to more!  We did another spoof, No. 1 of the Secret Service   
Thanks so much - we always try to throw in some facts that might not be readily known
Dan

feedback