Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not how Baylor Drew it up  (Read 9046 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Not how Baylor Drew it up
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2022, 10:32:08 PM »
Dr. B

Shaka had this game scouted perfectly and we beat a very good team at their own game.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2022, 10:33:34 PM »

2.  When we pictured the best MU could be this year, this is what we pictured. 

Really? We would have beaten anyone in the country tonight. I think we were WAY better tonight than all but a select few pictured as possible. And that includes me and you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:36:06 PM by Lennys Tap »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2022, 10:35:34 PM »
This one reminded me of our inaugural Big East game when Novak scored 41 and we beat then #2 UCONN 94-79. Really impressed with our freshman; the law of averages finally caught up to us for all those missed shots against Purdue and State.

Great post..true and true.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2022, 10:35:40 PM »
Class of ‘94 varsity letters in 2 sports, season ticket holder and you…

No one gives a sh*t about your varsity letters, Biff.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2022, 10:36:01 PM »
Lenny

This team is far better than last year at this time and deep as hell. They surprised everyone, including me, tonight but this team can make some noise.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2022, 10:36:16 PM »
Maybe some Femmes will help you out?

Don't get so distressed, did I happen to mention that I'm impressed?

Not sure how to take that, but ok

I was at the game, I’ve been on this board for many moons…

I’m super impressed with MU’s performance tonight!

Lot’s of sideways negativity on this board, I’m just calling out posters who think they have a right, to the RIGHT posts on this board, yep I’ll put my MU athletic career out there, lots to be proud of, and so proud of how I represented MU and the other Warriors I competed with, nothing to be ashamed of.

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2022, 10:36:52 PM »

Or you for that matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2022, 10:44:33 PM »
Maybe another thread or poster touched on this, but I like that this team doesn’t have an individual “have to go to guy”. It wasn’t like one guy went off tonight, the entire roster seemed to thrive. Really incredible to watch.

I know everyone is jacked for Wisco, but I’m glad we start the conference season at home with Creighton, that’ll be a hell of a game.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2022, 10:44:55 PM »
Sean Jones needs to play more minutes...

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2022, 10:45:17 PM »
Lenny

This team is far better than last year at this time and deep as hell. They surprised everyone, including me, tonight but this team can make some noise.

Shaka's playing time allocations have been fantastic all season.  Think tonight is the blueprint - except Sean Jones will play more than 14 most nights.  And to think we add more guard depth next year with Norman, Lowery, and Ellis.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2022, 10:50:14 PM »
Dr. B

Shaka had this game scouted perfectly and we beat a very good team at their own game.
This...and he had Purdue as well...they just couldn't hit down the stretch.  We are fortunate to have Shaka.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2022, 10:52:01 PM »
2.  When we pictured the best MU could be this year, this is what we pictured.  So much fun.

Yes. Yes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2022, 10:54:45 PM »

I bet he didn't even dunk in high school.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2022, 10:56:07 PM »

^ warriorstrack

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2022, 10:59:42 PM »
In a couple threads after Ft Myers and seeing how Purdue was doing, I was going to post I thought MU was a tourney team and top four Big East even if, as I projected, Baylor was going to steam roll us. I didn’t get around to posting before today so not as outlandish of a prediction now. 

I thought MU could pull two of three against Baylor, UW and ND. Now I am leaning three of three but will give them some slack for an off night.

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2022, 11:06:20 PM »

^ warriorstrack

Actually no, Ford Taurus, at least you don’t seem to be bitter, touché

https://youtu.be/SWmQbk5h86w   

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2022, 11:06:53 PM »
Game is over feel free to spout your drivel

Not insightful, low hanging fruit. Were you actually at the game???

He's out risking his life to save lives every day but feel free to spout your self important BS from 30yrs ago when you peaked. Tower's an actual important person to society you clearly live in a glory years and feel self important as a season ticket holder.

Btw Tower's postgame is a board tradition what type of self important ass do you need to be to feel the need to crap on that. He doesn't claim to be some type of expert just a fan. Not to mention as a national University MU fans/alum live everywhere does going to the game somehow make you feel better than those who can't because of distance?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 11:08:34 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2022, 11:15:55 PM »
He's out risking his life to save lives every day but feel free to spout your self important BS from 30yrs ago when you peaked. Tower's an actual important person to society you live in a glory year and feel self important as a season ticket holder.

Btw Tower's postgame is a board tradition what type of self important ass do you need to be to feel the need to crap on that. He doesn't claim to be some type of expert just a fan.

Yikes, definitely struck a chord, wow to be personally attacked, my comment was about his post (which in my opinion I felt was warranted and could be responded back to with some light banter)you know nothing about me other than what I said in my post and if you did, you would have reached out to me and said WTF, but oh well this board is toxic, I’ve felt that way for awhile… sorry my posts have been so triggering, mod’s  please delete my profile, or I’ll never be back, either way same result, Go Marquette, Muggsy, I’ll be rooting for you from a far, thanks for being a positive influence on this board, I’m out

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2022, 11:20:24 PM »
MODS: Please grant him him  his wish ! ! !  Buh-Bye !!!  8-)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2022, 11:22:54 PM »
Yikes, definitely struck a chord, wow to be personally attacked, my comment was about his post (which in my opinion I felt was warranted and could be responded back to with some light banter)you know nothing about me other than what I said in my post and if you did, you would have reached out to me and said WTF, but oh well this board is toxic, I’ve felt that way for awhile… sorry my posts have been so triggering, mod’s  please delete my profile, or I’ll never be back, either way same result, Go Marquette, Muggsy, I’ll be rooting for you from a far, thanks for being a positive influence on this board, I’m out

It is toxic I left for a long time for that same reason (addiction right?) and maybe it's the pilsners talking but you attacked a tradition on this board and doubled down on it with self important crap.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2022, 11:26:05 PM »
what a freakin weirdo. cya

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2022, 11:30:00 PM »
Maybe another thread or poster touched on this, but I like that this team doesn’t have an individual “have to go to guy”. It wasn’t like one guy went off tonight, the entire roster seemed to thrive. Really incredible to watch.

I know everyone is jacked for Wisco, but I’m glad we start the conference season at home with Creighton, that’ll be a hell of a game.

One nit to pick. No MU marketing email celebrating the win and offering a ticket deal for the Creighton game. They are also in the Top 10…

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2022, 11:30:20 PM »
It's a little less toxic now!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2022, 11:58:43 PM »
Yikes, definitely struck a chord, wow to be personally attacked, my comment was about his post (which in my opinion
but oh well this board is toxic, I’ve felt that way for awhile… sorry my posts have been so triggering,
Some here make Scoop Twitter lite
Anonymous,bullying and shouting down others instead of polite discourse that has become boring and why I stay away

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2022, 04:46:56 AM »
I ignore you for a reason, my bad for actually giving you a chance and looking at your post, were you at the game?

No I was not at the game.

I’m not exactly understanding why you are calling me out. I have been high on Shaka and this team from the start.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow