[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: End of game line ups  (Read 1942 times)

tower912

• All American
End of game line ups
« on: November 24, 2022, 09:21:54 AM »
Needing a stop in the last minute, I want
Stevie, Chase, Sean, Omax, and Oso.  I can see TK in place of either of the frosh.  As much for stability and presence of mind.

Needing a basket in the last 30 seconds is tougher for me.
TK, Kam, Oso, Joplin, and whoever has been playing the best up to that point. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jfp61

• All American
Re: End of game line ups
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 09:27:35 AM »
Needing a stop in the last minute, I want
Stevie, Chase, Sean, Omax, and Oso.  I can see TK in place of either of the frosh.  As much for stability and presence of mind.

Needing a basket in the last 30 seconds is tougher for me.
TK, Kam, Oso, Joplin, and whoever has been playing the best up to that point.

Marquette has literally has done these lineups. I think vs Purdue late. Omax stayed in that second group.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »
I think Shaka is trying to figure this out as well. In both Purdue and MSU games, cases could be made for staying with OMax and TK too long……but I think your lineups will prove true.
Jop can nail the three or lose his man on the inbound.
Omax can get the off board/steal and then dribble off his leg.
TK can have 10 assists and then attempt an interior bounce pass that has the potential to be touched by 3 defenders.
The wildcard is Gold. Needs to get up to speed sooner than later or we will be hurting when Oso gets a foul 30’ from the basket.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 08:59:43 PM »
I think Shaka is trying to figure this out as well. In both Purdue and MSU games, cases could be made for staying with OMax and TK too long……but I think your lineups will prove true.
Jop can nail the three or lose his man on the inbound.
Omax can get the off board/steal and then dribble off his leg.
TK can have 10 assists and then attempt an interior bounce pass that has the potential to be touched by 3 defenders.
The wildcard is Gold. Needs to get up to speed sooner than later or we will be hurting when Oso gets a foul 30’ from the basket.

I thought the Gold instead of Omax lineup last night was intriguing.  I know Omax had foul trouble but I liked the mobile Gold and Omax with their length in there at the same time.  Once Gold settles in and starts hitting open threes it could be a good lineup at times going forward. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 10:11:11 PM »
Where does our team go to get a bucket in a tight game under 5 mins?  To this point I honestly have no clue. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 10:14:31 PM »
Where does our team go to get a bucket in a tight game under 5 mins?  To this point I honestly have no clue.

Oso or Kolek. Then they create the shot.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 10:15:06 PM »

Hopefully we find out on Tuesday

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 10:23:24 PM »
MU for sure needs to take Mitchell off the court.  He gets more wide open shots then anybody, to bad he can not shot consistently.  His D is outstanding, but end of game for O, out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 10:23:47 PM »
Oso or Kolek. Then they create the shot.

Brew, good teams are going to do what they can to eliminate Kolek as a passer.  I have no problem giving Oso the ball more in the paint but against power players I think he could struggle.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 10:26:50 PM by MuggsyB »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 10:25:59 PM »
MU for sure needs to take Mitchell off the court.  He gets more wide open shots then anybody, to bad he can not shot consistently.  His D is outstanding, but end of game for O, out.

I essentially asked this in the game thread.  I think Shaka has to consider playing Ross more because if Stevie and O-Max can't make wide open shots their defense can't offset this problem for 30+ mins imo. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 10:44:56 PM »
Sean Jones needs to be on the court but has to realize he can not drive all the time, can drive but has to hit turnover man which to me has to be Kolek or Jones.  Omax can not shoot

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 11:57:37 PM »
I essentially asked this in the game thread.  I think Shaka has to consider playing Ross more because if Stevie and O-Max can't make wide open shots their defense can't offset this problem for 30+ mins imo.

Stevie: 35% from 3
O-Max: 31.2% from 3
Ross: 26.7% from 3

Why are we assuming that Ross will make more wide open twos than two guys shooting better than he is?

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 12:53:31 AM »
Stevie: 35% from 3
O-Max: 31.2% from 3
Ross: 26.7% from 3

Why are we assuming that Ross will make more wide open twos than two guys shooting better than he is?

It's a fair question and I don't have a definitive answer.  But I see less hesitation when Ross shoots a spot three than I do Stevie or OMax.  The bottom line is we have to make more of these clean/open looks to beat the top teams.  Additionally, whether it be Stevie, OMax, or Ross they have to make plays in open space off the dribble.  Either buckets, dimes, or hockey dimes.  What I have seen 90% of the time is a full throttle straight drive without seeing the floor, planting two feet in the paint, shot faking and use of the pivot foot, changing speed or direction, and in essence a wild shot attempt.  We have to get more consistency from our primary guys on the perimeter and more ball movement and action off the ball. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 12:55:06 AM by MuggsyB »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 05:27:46 AM »
Sean's aggressiveness is fun.  He had better have some counters ready.  Big East coaches are going to see these games and realize that once he starts his rim run that he doesn't pass. 
 He is a freshman and I expect that he will improve.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 05:49:59 AM »
Brew, good teams are going to do what they can to eliminate Kolek as a passer.  I have no problem giving Oso the ball more in the paint but against power players I think he could struggle.

The reality is this team doesn't have one dominant go to guy. It just doesn't. And how often has that one guy worked out? I loved Markus, but he missed plenty of shots under 5 minutes of close games.

Jop and Kolek are above 40% from three. Stevie and O-Max have been fine from deep, and while Kam isn't where he was last year, he would be if he can just cut out the Leeroy Jenkins. Inside the arc, Kam, Ross, O-Max, and Oso are all above 60%.

If you're looking for Dwyane Wade, he isn't here. This team will get clutch shots through their point guard, and if teams take him away, through their center. And they'll live with the results of what those two can create.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback