[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Yellow Jacket Wramblings  (Read 3277 times)

21Jumpstreet

• All American
Re: Yellow Jacket Wramblings
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2022, 09:24:04 PM »
At this point I would say Kam Jones. Doesn't mean it should be forever but his offense hasn't been good enough to justify his defense so far.

I think Kam’s defense tonight was good and getting better. He has it all, now just has to constantly improve a little each day. Kid could be real good

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2022, 09:47:56 PM »
I think Kam’s defense tonight was good and getting better. He has it all, now just has to constantly improve a little each day. Kid could be real good

Not sure I would say his defense improved today, just play a bad opponent. The inbound play where GT got the uncontested layup was because Jones fell asleep at the wheel. I also believe that Kam has potential but he hasn't been living up to it yet. He attacked the basket more after Shaka pulled him for another moonshot. Maybe the message gets through.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2022, 11:06:45 PM »
Things I learned from the game, in person.

1. Players family travel well. Lots of them present.
2. Sean is a tenacious on ball defender and can make up for his size with speed and effort.
3. Arena staff was awesome. Arena announcer was awful.
4. Listen to your kids when they say wear the Tyler quote t shirt. Sweater vest crowd hated it, everyone else, including Tyler’s parents loved it.
5. Refs sucked.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2022, 11:10:12 PM »
Was at the tourney, right behind Rafferty, 4 guard is definitely possible with Sean jones, understand his lack of height. big vertical, quick on quick, physical.

He is the next Dominic James.

Wish they had one more big, jop has the ability to step up but has to continue to focus more on the defensive end.

This team has upside!

1SE

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2022, 11:17:37 PM »
Good to see a resounding win, but we still need to go 2/3 in the remaining real N-C games. But let's not overlook CSU before taking down Baylor!

Incidentally - why are the cupcakes SSOOO bad this year? Did we expect them not to be this bad or is this a scheduling issue? Presumably replacing 250, 290, 350  and 356 (ooofff) games with four games between 150-250 would have given our computer numbers a big boost by the end of the year?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2022, 12:04:52 AM »
Good to see a resounding win, but we still need to go 2/3 in the remaining real N-C games. But let's not overlook CSU before taking down Baylor!

Incidentally - why are the cupcakes SSOOO bad this year? Did we expect them not to be this bad or is this a scheduling issue? Presumably replacing 250, 290, 350  and 356 (ooofff) games with four games between 150-250 would have given our computer numbers a big boost by the end of the year?

The two worst cupcakes were out of this staff's control. LIU was assigned to us by the Fort Myers tournament. Chicago State is a reschedule from a game that got cancelled during the pandemic year IIRC. Radford and CMU are both traditionally better than they're projected to be this season.

And no, replacing them with games between 150-250 would not boost the computer numbers. That was true under RPI. With NET, as long as you beat your cupcakes by an appropriate margin they don't hurt you and can actually help you. Until the GA Tech game, or largest one game boost to our KenPom score was our drubbing of LIU.
TAMU

1SE

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 12:28:51 AM »
The two worst cupcakes were out of this staff's control. LIU was assigned to us by the Fort Myers tournament. Chicago State is a reschedule from a game that got cancelled during the pandemic year IIRC. Radford and CMU are both traditionally better than they're projected to be this season.

And no, replacing them with games between 150-250 would not boost the computer numbers. That was true under RPI. With NET, as long as you beat your cupcakes by an appropriate margin they don't hurt you and can actually help you. Until the GA Tech game, or largest one game boost to our KenPom score was our drubbing of LIU.

So scheduling cupcakes fine as long as you beat the living snot out of them? Seems cruel to the cupcakes (and the walk-ons).
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2022, 12:59:57 AM »
So scheduling cupcakes fine as long as you beat the living snot out of them? Seems cruel to the cupcakes (and the walk-ons).

I don't think it's cruel to cupcakes personally. I've never really understood why at this level people get upset about running up the score. It is cruel to the walk ons. You never see them get more than a minute in a night even in a 60 point blowout. They are unfortunate collateral damage in the pursuit of a more accurate ranking tool.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »
Have really enjoyed seeing a well coached MU team this years.

The guys come out fighting hard every game so far.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »
And how is GT that bad in Pastner’s 7th season?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2022, 11:15:22 AM »
And how is GT that bad in Pastner’s 7th season?

He’s not a good coach. But GT doesn’t have a lot of money and just bought out their football coach. So he may be around awhile.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow