[Today at 08:41:54 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mississippi State chat  (Read 10152 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Mississippi State chat
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »
Amazing to be only down 6.
Still in the game.
Need to play much better to win it.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »
Who can shoot? Painter literally said as much in his post game press conference. Straight up just said we were willing to give up certain shots and betting they wouldn’t make them.

Dude..if we are even at our season average 3 point shooting this is a tied game.  Kam is a better shooter than he's shown so far.  Ross has a good stroke.  Joplin.  Kolek will shoot 35-40% from 3 this year.  Ben Gold has also has a good stroke.

Your boy Wojo had some of the most prolific 3 point shooters in school history in Markus, Rowsey and Sam...but...MS State would absolutely be pummeling Wojo's Charmin soft teams.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2022, 08:35:22 PM »
Joplin has been very consistent tonight so far.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2022, 08:35:41 PM »
Joplin, Oso and Omax equals zero points.  Zero

2 for 14 from three.

MSU winning boards. Turnovers even.

Went eleven minutes scoring two points. 

Again, comes down to coaches philosophy of making threes and Seth Curry not coming off the bench.  Maybe in second.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2022, 08:36:41 PM »
Dude..if we are even at our season average 3 point shooting this is a tied game.  Kam is a better shooter than he's shown so far.  Ross has a good stroke.  Joplin.  Kolek will shoot 35-40% from 3 this year.  Ben Gold has also has a good stroke.

Your boy Wojo had some of the most prolific 3 point shooters in school history in Markus, Rowsey and Sam...but...MS State would absolutely be pummeling Wojo's Charmin soft teams.

Kolek 35-40% from 3 this year? Sheesh do I hope you’re right. I’ll put a good amount of money to a charity of the winner’s choosing on Kolek under 35% from 3 this year and I’ll hope to have to pay up. In?

We returned 2 players that shot over 31% from three last year. One of the two attempted 0.6 three pointers per game. I don’t know what to tell you. You know more than Painter too clearly.

Don’t care what Wojo’s teams would’ve done. I’d guess more than 17 points in the half, but you know better so maybe not. I want Shaka to bring in more talent than he has. Some see OMax, Ben Gold, Oso, and others as NBA guys. Good thing I’m a basketball idiot, because I’m not one of those guys.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 08:45:35 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2022, 08:36:55 PM »
I thought we were suppose to be the quicker team.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2022, 08:37:06 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2022, 08:37:52 PM »
 ::)7
Joplin, Oso and Omax equals zero points.  Zero

2 for 14 from three.

MSU winning boards. Turnovers even.

Went eleven minutes scoring two points. 

Again, comes down to coaches philosophy of making threes and Seth Curry not coming off the bench.  Maybe in second.

I think we can get the 8 foot shot in the lane but we don't attempt those.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2022, 08:38:19 PM »
F minus 1st half and only down 6.
GO WARRIORS!

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2022, 08:38:31 PM »
Lol.  Another gem of a basketball hot take from you.

He actually might be onto something here.

Seems as if teams are ok letting MU take the outside shot. Aside from Kam and Jop other teams probably think there aren’t many that can hurt you.

That’s why TyKo and OMax are so huge. Those two need to be respectable from 3 to open up defenses, or else this team will really struggle offensively and the season could be sunk.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2022, 08:39:52 PM »
Open 3s aren’t good shots for a team that can’t shoot 3s. There’s a reason we get so many. It’s called a scouting report.

MSU has been a worse 3P shooting team than us. So I assume every 3 they have made has also been a bad shot.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2022, 08:41:05 PM »
MSU has been a worse 3P shooting team than us. So I assume every 3 they have made has also been a bad shot.

Not the one we decided our side out of bounds defense with 2 seconds left on the shot clock would be to put nobody within 20 feet of the guy standing right at the top of the key.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2022, 08:41:38 PM »
On the positive side, we can’t shoot any worse in the second half…or can we?  😞

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2022, 08:42:35 PM »
He actually might be onto something here.

Seems as if teams are ok letting MU take the outside shot. Aside from Kam and Jop other teams probably think there aren’t many that can hurt you.

That’s why TyKo and OMax are so huge. Those two need to be respectable from 3 to open up defenses, or else this team will really struggle offensively and the season could be sunk.

Versus a set defense in the half-court I'm not really sure where we a trying to get the most optimal shot Dr. V.  It's either a drive and kick or one on one launches.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2022, 08:42:38 PM »

Complete meltdown would ensue, Armageddon

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2022, 08:42:48 PM »
Kolek 35-40% from 3 this year? Sheesh do I hope you’re right.

We returned 2 players that shot over 31% from three last year. One of the two attempted 0.6 three pointers per game. I don’t know what to tell you. You know more than Painter too clearly.

215th in the nation in 3-point percentage and 48 % of the shots come from 3.  When the shots aren’t falling, it’s going to be very ugly.  They need to generate offense off turnovers if the 3’s aren’t falling or there will be ugly half's of basketball.  What you’re stating isn’t wrong

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2022, 08:43:29 PM »
A team called Omaha scored 60 against Iowa. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2022, 08:44:07 PM »

Kolek will not shoot 35%_40% from 3 this year. Very loose delivery.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2022, 08:44:13 PM »
Sure we could, but I think the ball for MU will start to go through the hoop.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2022, 08:45:16 PM »
Kolek 35-40% from 3 this year? Sheesh do I hope you’re right.

Don’t care what Wojo’s teams would’ve done. I’d guess more than 17 points in the half, but you know better so maybe not. I want Shaka to bring in more talent than he has. Some see OMax, Ben Gold, Oso, and others as NBA guys. Good thing I’m a basketball idiot, because I’m not one of those guys.

Please link where Painter said our team couldn't shoot..specific time of his press conference.  I believe he mentioned wanting to make Kolek a shooter and not a passer.  Which of course any coach would as Tyler makes our offense so efficient with his passing.

We are 2 years in to the Shaka era FFS.  You were worshipping Wojo for 5 full years.  I believe we finished 84th in the country after 7 years of Wojo.   A solid 97th in Year 2 of his tenure. 

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2022, 08:45:44 PM »
Versus a set defense in the half-court I'm not really sure where we a trying to get the most optimal shot Dr. V.  It's either a drive and kick or one on one launches.

Yea Muggs it’s rough out there.

I don’t know the answer, but it’s likely that Shaka might not even know.

Tyler is a great distributor but not fleet of foot. Sean is fleet of foot but not a great distributor just yet.
Seeing Tyler his that shot felt great.

The others have strengths, but very incomplete offensive games.

I’d say it has to be game by game until Shaka figures it out.
Today seems like it’s got to be hit the 3 to win, or take the L
MissSt is too good defensively for any other way

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »
Marquette entered the night 3rd in the nation in A/FGM and only have 2 assists tonight.  It’s one of those nights

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:21 PM »
so  tired of bad  shots.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:27 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:39 PM »
Please link where Painter said our team couldn't shoot..specific time of his press conference.  I believe he mentioned wanting to make Kolek a shooter and not a passer.  Which of course any coach would as Tyler makes our offense so efficient with his passing.

We are 2 years in to the Shaka era FFS.  You were worshipping Wojo for 5 full years.  I believe we finished 84th in the country after 7 years of Wojo.   A solid 97th in Year 2 of his tenure.

Again. Don’t care about Wojo anymore. Shaka is running our program. I’ve moved on. If you want to discuss him I’d take the over 17 first half points by a Wojo team tonight but who knows.

I’d take Kolek under 35% from 3 on the year for a good amount of money to the charity of the winner’s choice. You want the over? I hope to have to pay out.