[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Shaka post game Purdue  (Read 1386 times)

tower912

• All American
Shaka post game Purdue
« on: November 16, 2022, 07:33:40 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xuOVfUSfwY

This needs to be watched so I gave it its own thread.    He said many of the same things that were said here.    More eloquently and without despair.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: Shaka post game Purdue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 07:55:43 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xuOVfUSfwY

This needs to be watched so I gave it its own thread.    He said many of the same things that were said here.    More eloquently and without despair.

Bolded is a great summary Tower. Thanks for posting the interview and your comment.

"Our goal is to grow". Love it.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 07:59:47 AM »
Oh yeah, I don't view yesterday as a failure. I thought they had a good plan and played very well for 85% of the game. But you have to do that 100% - especially on the road.

I saw a team that played hard, rebounded beyond expectations and got open shots. But I also saw a team that struggled with shot selection and knocking down open shots.  I think the former can be worked on. I hope the latter improves.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 08:03:24 AM »
Kam from outer space made me chuckle. He sounds like a leader who is honest and not degrading, positive and not delusional, focused on the immediate while planning for the future. He sprinkles in just the right amount of constructive emotion. Good coach this one

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 08:10:40 AM »
Kam from outer space made me chuckle. He sounds like a leader who is honest and not degrading, positive and not delusional, focused on the immediate while planning for the future. He sprinkles in just the right amount of constructive emotion. Good coach this one

Another spot-on take. Shaka is almost as good as Wojo was in post-game interviews, huh?  :D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 08:40:14 AM »
Listening to Shaka is always enlightening.   He doesn’t have a canned speech.  He is literally “thoughtful” as he is thinking about what and how he wants to say the next thing.   He balances praise and critique of the players….and himself.    He does this all with purpose.   He wants these guys to improve and is telling them in these press conferences how to improve and alerting them what they will be working on.   Refreshing. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 01:25:29 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgzRirArDQ

Painter's interview.    Educational to see how other coaches see MU.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 01:39:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgzRirArDQ

Painter's interview.    Educational to see how other coaches see MU.

Sounded like he thought Marquette maybe should've won the game, and they should've. Almost like they were searching for answers and Marquette just allowed them to find the answers by not finishing the job.

Missed opportunity 1 of probably many with this young team. Love the culture approach by Shaka and think it will ultimately work, but we might be a ways out from being a threat of any kind.
VIOLENCE!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 01:43:58 PM »
Basically heard that MU got all of the looks they wanted and Purdue was lucky they missed.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 07:33:05 PM »
Oh yeah, I don't view yesterday as a failure. I thought they had a good plan and played very well for 85% of the game. But you have to do that 100% - especially on the road.

I saw a team that played hard, rebounded beyond expectations and got open shots. But I also saw a team that struggled with shot selection and knocking down open shots.  I think the former can be worked on. I hope the latter improves.

We watched the same game and saw the same things.