Maximilian Langenfeld by willie warrior
[Today at 12:45:02 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:41:04 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 12:19:59 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JAMAL!!!  (Read 18918 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: JAMAL!!!
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2022, 10:39:37 AM »
He can’t guard in the NBA.  He couldn’t guard anyone on Kentucky last night
1. Either can Sam
2. Looking at the box score, all UK forwards not named Oscar scored a combined scored a combined 15 points on 4-13 shooting.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2022, 10:44:09 AM »
Consistency is the key.    Compare and contrast his numbers against Gonzaga with his numbers against Kentucky.    Big Sparty fan, glad he helped them win.    This is the third season I have watched him play for a hall of fame coach and he hasn't shown it yet.    I hope he gets there for Sparty's sake. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2022, 10:44:44 AM »
1. Either can Sam
2. Looking at the box score, all UK forwards not named Oscar scored a combined scored a combined 15 points on 4-13 shooting.

1. Sam can get into proper defensive position and always has.  Quite frankly, Sam is better than Joey, too.  Mismatches are always attacked in the NBA but Sam won’t be beat because he’s not doing the right thing.  That hasn’t been the case for Joey in his collegiate career

2. Kentucky’s offensive woes will be an issue all season.  Last night’s numbers will be a common sight all year for Big Blue fans
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2022, 10:48:53 AM »
Consistency is the key.    Compare and contrast his numbers against Gonzaga with his numbers against Kentucky.    Big Sparty fan, glad he helped them win.    This is the third season I have watched him play for a hall of fame coach and he hasn't shown it yet.    I hope he gets there for Sparty's sake.
Agree. Personally, I don't think he will be consistent, but IF he was, I could see him making a team. He has the size, and skill offensively.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2022, 10:49:03 AM »
1. Either can Sam

Sam is a capable help defender and has a high basketball IQ that helps him in positioning and decision-making. Sam's also an elite shooter, and he was elite every season he played in college at two different schools playing two different styles in two different leagues. Joey has been more up and down offensively, and he's a statue defensively.

Since midway through Joey's freshman season (Sam's junior season), it became pretty apparent (to me at least) that Sam was the better NBA prospect, despite the fact that Joey was more hyped when both were in HS.

Having said that, I actually agree with you about Joey maybe being able to make an NBA team and hang around on the fringes if he proves he can shoot consistently at an elite level. NBA teams are willing to throw absurd amounts of money at guys who can hit 40-45% of their 3s. Duncan Robinson didn't get a bazillion dollars for his defense. Sam didn't just get a multimillion-dollar guarantee for his defense.

I'll give you the final word on this here if you want it, as we have an entire Hauser thread in the Superbar.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2022, 10:57:36 AM »
Jamal Cain (and Oscar Robinson) highlights from the Sioux Falls Skyforce, from before Cain got called back up to the Heat

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tYD_aHlcXDc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tYD_aHlcXDc</a>

You guys are overlooking the real question here: is Miami’s g league team really in Sioux Falls??? That’s random as hell
Bring back FFP!!!

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2022, 10:58:21 AM »
Don't we already have a Hauser thread to keep beating that dead horse.  This is the JAMAL thread
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2022, 11:47:04 AM »
Don't we already have a Hauser thread to keep beating that dead horse.  This is the JAMAL thread

Wake me up when we have a Sandy Cohen thread
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2022, 01:50:37 PM »
So yes, maybe Jamal could have done that sooner if Wojo wasn't a criminal. But if you really think Jamal was a 20/10 guy in the Big East, I don't know what to say. We just won't be able to agree, and neither of us can ever be proven "right" or "wrong."

In his final year at Villanova, Josh Hart averaged 18.7/6.4 and was named Big East Player of the Year. Mikal Bridges averaged 17.7/5.3 and was Big East First Team. I think that type of production was well within Cain's range of reality. But he never got the chance.

I think that is possible for Joplin right now as well. I thought it was possible for Justin a year ago. I don't think either of those beliefs are incongruous with a realistic perspective. And considering Jamal averaged 22.2/11.3 against top-100 opponents last year, I don't think it's a crazy notion that he could've become a Hart/Bridges type player in this league as well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2022, 01:56:32 PM »
In his final year at Villanova, Josh Hart averaged 18.7/6.4 and was named Big East Player of the Year. Mikal Bridges averaged 17.7/5.3 and was Big East First Team. I think that type of production was well within Cain's range of reality. But he never got the chance.

I think that is possible for Joplin right now as well. I thought it was possible for Justin a year ago. I don't think either of those beliefs are incongruous with a realistic perspective. And considering Jamal averaged 22.2/11.3 against top-100 opponents last year, I don't think it's a crazy notion that he could've become a Hart/Bridges type player in this league as well.

::)

Josh Hart and Mikal Bridgers are borderline NBA All Stars.  They were NBA starters half way through their rookie years.  They were top 80 recruits.  They were doing what Cain did as a senior when they were sophomores.  Whether you think Wojo wasted a year of Cain's development or not, Cain was not, is not, and never will be those two guys.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2022, 02:20:09 PM »
::)

Josh Hart and Mikal Bridgers are borderline NBA All Stars.  They were NBA starters half way through their rookie years.  They were top 80 recruits.  They were doing what Cain did as a senior when they were sophomores.  Whether you think Wojo wasted a year of Cain's development or not, Cain was not, is not, and never will be those two guys.

I'm talking about what they did in college. And per the 247 Composite, Cain (#100) was ranked higher than either Hart (#123) or Bridges (#114). We can dither about recruiting rankings, but they were all generally in that 75-125 range. And per kenpom, three of Cain's five closest comps his freshman year were future NBA players Josh Richardson, Sterling Brown, and Tony Snell. He looked the part, then he was shackled to the bench behind Joey and Bailey, then as soon as he left he looked the part again both at Oakland and with the Heat.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2022, 03:14:57 PM »
You guys are overlooking the real question here: is Miami’s g league team really in Sioux Falls??? That’s random as hell

Think you're finally in the League and get to live in Miami? Think again, South Dakota in winter.

The Heat have the best development program in the League because these guys want to get out of South Dakota so damn bad.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2022, 03:32:57 PM »

It's not "crazy," but we'll respectfully agree to disagree. Have a good one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback