[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mach-E (Rad-Ford) de Sade  (Read 14263 times)

tower912

• All American
Mach-E (Rad-Ford) de Sade
« on: November 07, 2022, 09:41:48 PM »
1.  I think Tyler's starting role is safe for now.
2.  Oso and Kolek are the anchors.
3.  Kam, Stevie, and Omax are better.
4.  3-2 zone to protect Oso. 
5.  Teams are going to attack Oso to get him in foul trouble.  And they are going to post up Sean every chance they get.  The other coaches aren't dummies.
6.  Make lay ups and this is a laugher a lot sooner.
7.  Now we know why Shaka said that fans need to be patient.   
8.  Gold-Keeyan is going to be an ongoing issue.   All we can do now is hope they improve quickly.
9.   Can't have Oso, Omax, and Stevie all in foul trouble at the same time.
10.  Who will be the guy to get the big run-stopping basket this year? 
11.  A win is a win.  Huzzah. 

Brian Butch:  'teachable moments'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Mach-E (Rad-Ford) de Sade
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »
We clearly have a top 4.

With Oso and TK being the most important.

Omax D and ability to get to line and make them is huge and so is Kams scoring pop.

Today Stevie and Chase were the best of the rest by a wide margin.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 09:45:25 PM »
Chase Ross is gonna play more than I thought.  He has the active hands on defense that Shaka loves.

Rough night for Jop.  Hopefully that turns around quickly because we will need his shooting.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 09:45:41 PM »
12.  Wrightsil is the backup center.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 09:47:07 PM »
I just don't see all the talent that people think there is.  Some athleticism?  Yeah.  Talent?  Lacking, in my eyes.

Also, I think Shaka's got his work cut out for him.  We need to press to create transition opportunities.  But we don't have the back end defenders to stop easy baskets when the press is broken.  And high major teams don't typically press like this because players are now so skilled that they can break the press easily and end up with layup lines.

I see Kam as a real talent.  I see Oso as very talented, but if he's in foul trouble against Radford I'm not sure he's going to be able to stay on the court enough against high major teams.  And I'm holding off on putting all my eggs in his basket until I see him break down a competent defense.  It was a good start for him though.

Beyond that, not sure what we have.  In my eyes, to get where we need to be we need major talent upgrades.  OMax is the type of guy we need to be a 20-25 minute max effort, 5th offensive option guy.  Not a 30-35 key cog.  Kolek is very crafty with the ball and creates opportunities for guys, but he needs to be able to score or high level teams will just stay home and beg him to shoot.  And we should be bringing in top grad transfer talent (like a Morsell).  Not sure I see much contributions coming from Writsil.

Lack of size and lack of shooting is not a good recipe.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 09:49:47 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 09:47:57 PM »
12.  Wrightsil is the backup center.

12a.  We have no backup center (yet)

+20

I know the other guys will play better than tonight, but they need to, because the Kolek and Oso show won't work against good teams.  I'll take the win.

13) the Highlight videos proved correct.  I don't think we missed an uncontested dunk.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 09:51:37 PM by rocky_warrior »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 09:48:36 PM »
This proves the need for exhibition games

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 09:49:32 PM »
1.  I think Tyler's starting role is safe for now.
3.  Kam, Stevie, and Omax are better.
4.  3-2 zone to protect Oso. 
5.  Teams are going to attack Oso to get him in foul trouble.  And they are going to post up Sean every chance they get.  The other coaches aren't dummies.
6.  Make lay ups and this is a laugher a lot sooner.
7.  Now we know why Shaka said that fans need to be patient.   
8.  Gold-Keeyan is going to be an ongoing issue.   All we can do now is hope they improve quickly.
9.   Can't have Oso, Omax, and Stevie all in foul trouble at the same time.
10.  Who will be the guy to get the big run-stopping basket this year? 
11.  A win is a win.  Huzzah. 

Brian Butch:  'teachable moments'

The turns were the biggest issue tonight as well as Oso's foul trouble.  We play a click too fast imo.   You can see we have a lot of quality players, I think there were some nerves tonight.  But in our h-c offense, we have to have a more diversified attack.  Kolek is not going to be able to break down defenses and zip one handed dimes consistently vs top tier teams.  Kam needs to be our show closer as well.  He started off great but didn't do much after the first 10 mins.  Sean Jones will get there. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 09:50:03 PM »
This proves the need for exhibition games

No, it doesn’t.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 09:51:33 PM »
Mitchell was very good tonight despite a few out of control plays. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 09:54:04 PM »
No, it doesn’t.

18 turnovers, 45.8% FG% and 26% from three, getting beat again in transition points say differently.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:14 PM »
Joplin is gonna be annoyingly inconsistent all year. Sean Jones playing poorly was the only surprise, but he is a freshman. Make your layups and we’re good.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:41 PM »
Score +1 for the COLE’s and Moper’s - that was ugly.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:46 PM »
I just don't see all the talent that people think there is.  Some athleticism?  Yeah.  Talent?  Lacking, in my eyes.

Also, I think Shaka's got his work cut out for him.  We need to press to create transition opportunities.  But we don't have the back end defenders to stop easy baskets when the press is broken.  And high major teams don't typically press like this because players are now so skilled that they can break the press easily and end up with layup lines.

I see Kam as a real talent.  I see Oso as very talented, but if he's in foul trouble against Radford I'm not sure he's going to be able to stay on the court enough against high major teams.  And I'm holding off on putting all my eggs in his basket until I see him break down a competent defense.  It was a good start for him though.

Beyond that, not sure what we have.  In my eyes, to get where we need to be we need major talent upgrades.  OMax is the type of guy we need to be a 20-25 minute max effort, 5th offensive option guy.  Not a 30-35 key cog.  Kolek is very crafty with the ball and creates opportunities for guys, but he needs to be able to score or high level teams will just stay home and beg him to shoot.  And we should be bringing in top grad transfer talent (like a Morsell).  Not sure I see much contributions coming from Writsil.

Lack of size and lack of shooting is not a good recipe.

Dude - It's Game 1, of Year 2 of the Shaka regime.  There is a lot of talent on the roster.  Chase Ross will be a fantastic player over his career.  Sean Jones will be too.    Kolek, OMax and Oso are a very good core 3.  Stevie played very well tonight.

R-E-L-A-X.  Not sure how you were so confident handing out that advice in the early Wojo years, but are in COLE and MOPE mode this early on this team?!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 09:58:40 PM »
18 turnovers, 45.8% FG% and 26% from three, getting beat again in transition points say differently.

No, it doesn’t. They could just as easily have the same performance after kicking a cupcake’s ass in an exhibition. Shaka said the competition level at the scrimmage is higher. The difference is not having the crowd.

It doesn’t prove anything.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 09:59:22 PM »
Dude - It's Game 1, of Year 2 of the Shaka regime.  There is a lot of talent on the roster.  Chase Ross will be a fantastic player over his career.  Sean Jones will be too.    Kolek, OMax and Oso are a very good core 3.  Stevie played very well tonight.

R-E-L-A-X.  Not sure how you were so confident handing out that advice in the early Wojo years, but are in COLE and MOPE mode this early on this team?!

You see talent.  I see a lot of guys who play hard but are limited.

Put Stevie on Villanova and he's a 15 mpg defensive hound.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 10:01:28 PM »
No, it doesn’t. They could just as easily have the same performance after kicking a cupcake’s ass in an exhibition. Shaka said the competition level at the scrimmage is higher. The difference is not having the crowd.

It doesn’t prove anything.

Sure.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 10:01:46 PM »
Joplin is gonna be annoyingly inconsistent all year. Sean Jones playing poorly was the only surprise, but he is a freshman. Make your layups and we’re good.

We need Joplin and Wrightsil to contribute consistently to reach our ceiling. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 10:03:40 PM »
Sure.

It’s your opinion, nothing more.

panda

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2022, 10:04:16 PM »
Sure.

Good point. A tune up against carroll college definitely would’ve alleviated the majority of our mistakes today.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2022, 10:04:41 PM »
Wrightsil

I've learned over the years to not judge transfers too early. I I think wrightsil will eventually get there. But tonight didn't give me optimism for early production (and shaka essential said not to expect that)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2022, 10:05:58 PM »

There’s plenty of talent. Whether it leads to consistent production and how long it takes to develop is the question.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 10:06:25 PM »

I see a team with no Seniors.  Three Juniors.  I see a lot of upside in Ross, Jones, Gold, Stevie, and Kam.  Radford started 4 seniors and a Junior.  They have some talent. 

We were careless and out of control at times, yet when the lead got cut to 3, we were able to lock down defensively and stretch it out to 19.  Granted, we finished poorly.

panda

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 10:08:14 PM »
I've learned over the years to not judge transfers too early. I I think wrightsil will eventually get there. But tonight didn't give me optimism for early production (and shaka essential said not to expect that)

He looks a lot smaller than his advertised 6’7.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2022, 10:08:29 PM »

Edey is an enormous problem..  I think we need ZW to at least guard a bit at the 5.  Baylor obviously is also worrisome.