[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Best case scenarios  (Read 6254 times)

MUbiz

• Team Captain
Re: Best case scenarios
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2024, 01:28:34 PM »
Marquette fans, 2005-2023: "God, the effing Badgers always have some guy come out of nowhere and they end up being good every year. Why can't we have that?"

Some Marquette fans, 2022-present: "Sure some guys have developed and won a league title and got to a Sweet 16, but retaining and developing guys won't work. Gotta clear some room and hit the portal."

Interesting dichotomy, isn't it?  I do enjoy the quiet summers and I am fully preparing that we do not get a xfer this year. I also think back to the game at Creighton where we had basically 6 players who could play and Tre was puking on the sidelines and Chase was also playing sick. That was a preview of this coming season and we had it close with 3 min to go. Add in the 3 new players (Caedin, Owens, Rolls Royce) and I think we can be a top 20 team as a floor. I trust in Shaka.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2024, 01:37:13 PM »
Marquette fans, 2005-2023: "God, the effing Badgers always have some guy come out of nowhere and they end up being good every year. Why can't we have that?"

Some Marquette fans, 2022-present: "Sure some guys have developed and won a league title and got to a Sweet 16, but retaining and developing guys won't work. Gotta clear some room and hit the portal."
Preach
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2024, 01:59:06 PM »
Agreed, the national media will be more aware this time around.

Actually, Marquette was picked to finish 9th by Big East coaches.

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2022/10/17/mens-basketball-creighton-chosen-for-first-place-in-preseason-coaches-poll.aspx

Eff 'em.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2024, 02:05:25 PM »
Feels a little like the Packers. Keep quiet during free agency and let other teams win the offseason.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2024, 02:08:31 PM »
Yes,  I guess more specifically I mean people outside the program, coaches or media.  They have a much better feel for this team going into next year. 

Still lots of questions on how much progress will be made and the off season leaps players will make.  But the floor for this team is high and no one will be picking us 9th. 

I think there is a question about the teamsceiling and we will see varying degrees of predictions for how good they can be.  I’m in the optimistic group with Kam back.  Worst case this is a top 25 team.  Gold and Ross take an Oso like leap and they could be top ten. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2024, 02:15:37 PM »
Yes,  I guess more specifically I mean people outside the program, coaches or media.  They have a much better feel for this team going into next year. 

Still lots of questions on how much progress will be made and the off season leaps players will make.  But the floor for this team is high and no one will be picking us 9th. 

I think there is a question about the teamsceiling and we will see varying degrees of predictions for how good they can be.  I’m in the optimistic group with Kam back.  Worst case this is a top 25 team.  Gold and Ross take an Oso like leap and they could be top ten.

Agree with all that. (Notable - the coaches picked us to go 9th the previous year, too. They didn't learn!)

What we need IMHO are a couple of players taking something at least kinda resembling the leaps Oso and Kolek took from 2022 to 2023. It's probably not realistic to improve as much as or more than Oso and Kolek did, but something close from 2-3 of the guys who were on our bench last season would be major.

Year 2 Gold was at least as good as Year 2 Oso. Can he come close to improving as much as Year 3 Oso did? TBD.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2024, 03:37:52 PM »

Brilliant observation. Justin, O-Max, Kolek, Oso, Kam, all exploded from roster contributor to star in their role.

Who's next? Chase, Ben, Tre, Amadou? I don't know, but I'm eager to see. And equally eager to see other fanbases ask "where does Shaka find these guys" in frustration.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM »
Really interested to see how the offense looks with Nevada staying, but his two offensive savants in the NBA.

I am interested in this too - but moreso to see how the offense evolves to fit the personnel.  The Strotman article from earlier this season made it seem like that's been his mo/philosophy all along.  We've just seen a slice of time where the Oso/Kolek skill sets were featured.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2024, 01:41:30 PM »
Ya idk why people are still complaining about this.

Could shakas strategy become an issue? Sure. But so far it’s working. We are keeping everyone off note every year(unless they go pro) and we are having good teams.

He’s trusting his talent evaluation and development.

Now if we fast forward to this time 2026. And we’ve done two years of Ben, Chase, Tre, Zaide all not improving much. Yeah he  may need to start being more flexible.

But right now he’s earned the right to believe in a player like Zaide rather than run him off.

Yep

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM »

So true. I will take the W.

feedback