[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Our coach isn't "top tier," but he ain't half bad  (Read 6778 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: Our coach isn't "top tier," but he ain't half bad
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2022, 05:28:01 PM »
I always assume I am muted by most. Basically, Scoop for me is the assumption that I am shouting into the void. It's pretty cathartic, to be honest.

I know the feeling, but as you said, it's pretty cathartic.

If you want to be noticed by at least one Scooper, that's easy. Go on a political rant and Rocky will stop by to say hello. Either that or get into a pissing contest with someone. Everybody loves those!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »
Scoop and Jake

I hear you guys loud and clearly.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2022, 05:57:41 PM »
Scoop and Jake

I hear you guys loud and clearly.

Thanks Goose.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2022, 07:17:39 AM »
Did you say something?
Please don't quote him
Goal is National Championship

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »
Medved may be the best in the tier 3 group. That being said, no one in their right mind would leave Fort Collins for Milwaukee.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2022, 12:43:54 PM »
Medved may be the best in the tier 3 group. That being said, no one in their right mind would leave Fort Collins for Milwaukee.

They're sort of incomparable.  One is 166k people in the mountains, the other is Milwaukee.

Rest assured, no one is running towards Colorado State for a coaching job over Marquette.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2022, 12:47:25 PM »
I agree that they are incomparable, Fort Collins is a fantastic. Also not sure that the ceiling at MU is that much greater than CSU.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2022, 12:53:12 PM »
I agree that they are incomparable, Fort Collins is a fantastic. Also not sure that the ceiling at MU is that much greater than CSU.
I wonder how CSU’s deputy AD Cottingham would opine on that.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2022, 12:57:18 PM »
Good question. All we can truly ascertain is that his quality of life on the front range is much higher than it was southeast Wisconsin.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2022, 12:58:56 PM »

I try to be as realistic as I can about MU’s standing in the college basketball landscape. I have a hard time thinking CSU’s ceiling is in the realm of MU’s. Their last Sweet 16 was 1969.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2022, 01:06:04 PM »

This is so, so very silly.

Marquette is a much, much better basketball program than CSU's. They average less than half Marquette's crowd and really haven't accomplished anything significant on the court.

And yes, the average college basketball coach would pick Marquette and Milwaukee over CSU 9 times out of 10.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2022, 01:09:43 PM »

The legendary Stew Morrill thought Utah State had a higher ceiling than CSU.
When Utah State was in the Big West.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2022, 01:22:23 PM »
This is so, so very silly.

Marquette is a much, much better basketball program than CSU's. They average less than half Marquette's crowd and really haven't accomplished anything significant on the court.

And yes, the average college basketball coach would pick Marquette and Milwaukee over CSU 9 times out of 10.

On the most recent Eye on College Basketball podcast, Matt Norlander made it clear he considers Marquette a top-20 job.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2022, 01:34:42 PM »
On the most recent Eye on College Basketball podcast, Matt Norlander made it clear he considers Marquette a top-20 job.

Does he talk to the sweater vests?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2022, 01:44:54 PM »
CSU … David Roddy from the Twin Cities… gotta admit, never would have guessed he would be an NBA first rounder when he was in HS. Crazy. Memphis via 76ers
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2022, 02:25:35 PM »

Not really. He mentioned it when he was trying to guess what job Parrish would have in his top 15 that Norlander did not, and then said, “not a top 15 job. Good job though.” Then he listed at least 5 others he was considering with the answer.

Edit: The exact quote was, "It's not top 15, but Marquette's a sneaky good job."  Then he says Ohio State is his first guess, then says he was debating between UCONN, Arkansas, Ohio State, Florida, Marquette, and says Maryland is top 20 and can see Oregon as top 15.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:33:02 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu.n8ball

• Starter

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2022, 05:41:34 PM »
Good question. All we can truly ascertain is that his quality of life on the front range is much higher than it was southeast Wisconsin.
  This is just an opinion and one that not everyone would agree with.  I lived in Boulder, CO for a couple of years and enjoyed it very much, but missed the Midwest and Milwaukee and moved back and am very happy with my choice.  And Boulder is a much nicer city than Ft. Collins, or at least that is my opinion. 

Also, as has been mentioned, the Marquette job is a much better job than CSU and that is more than just opinion, it is pretty factual. 

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2022, 09:35:06 PM »
  This is just an opinion and one that not everyone would agree with.  I lived in Boulder, CO for a couple of years and enjoyed it very much, but missed the Midwest and Milwaukee and moved back and am very happy with my choice.  And Boulder is a much nicer city than Ft. Collins, or at least that is my opinion. 

Also, as has been mentioned, the Marquette job is a much better job than CSU and that is more than just opinion, it is pretty factual.

Why are we comparing CSU to MU basketball?  Seems pretty unnatural carnal knowledgeing dumb to me. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2022, 10:08:54 PM »
Maui is really nice. Ipso fatso, Chaminade is a better basketball coaching job than Marquette is.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2022, 07:02:08 AM »
Why are we comparing CSU to MU basketball?  Seems pretty unnatural carnal knowledgeing dumb to me.
COLE Patrol

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2022, 06:27:17 PM »

Should be banned for this post, sarcasm or not

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2022, 06:32:46 PM »
Speaking of top tier coaching. 3rd straight year a Pitt player got arrested under Capel.

Let’s see some Greg at PG baby!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2022, 07:40:34 PM »
Speaking of top tier coaching. 3rd straight year a Pitt player got arrested under Capel.

Let’s see some Greg at PG baby!
Culture

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2022, 10:44:07 AM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2022/10/13/marquette-has-strong-player-development-under-head-coach-shaka-smart/8237152001/
^ excellent article from Ben Steele about Dayshawn Wells, MU’s video coordinator, and Tyler McDevitt, who was promoted to director of player development and their roles

feedback