'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Boheim's Comments  (Read 1580 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Boheim's Comments
« on: October 15, 2022, 08:14:52 AM »
I will fully admit that  l also look at tournament results when arguing who has the best conference in college hoops.  Despite the fact that there could be a number of factors that are in play so to speak.  I'm also the last person in the world that would defend thr B14 and am not in this discussion.  However, do any of you recall Boeheim sitting with Roy, Coach K, and Rick P talking about how the newly constructed ACC is the greatest conference in the history of the sport?  Before they played a single game and had mediocre results that year and many years after that?   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:17:43 AM by MuggsyB »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Boheim's Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 08:20:13 AM »
He’s not wrong that the B10 hasn’t been great in the tournament, but I don’t really care much about what he says.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 08:27:46 AM »
I will fully admit that  l also look at tournament results when arguing who has the best conference in college hoops.  Despite the fact that there could be a number of factors that are in play so to speak.  I'm also the last person in the world that would defend thr B14 and am not in this discussion.  However, do any of you recall Boeheim sitting with Roy, Coach K, and Rick P talking about how the newly constructed ACC is the greatest conference in the history of the sport?  Before they played a single game and had mediocre results that year and many years after that?

The Big XII has been and is the best basketball conference.  A coach touting his conference isn’t a surprise, though
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 09:02:37 AM »
The Big XII has been and is the best basketball conference.  A coach touting his conference isn’t a surprise, though
Agreed and they took the title from the Big East. I don't think that the Big 10 or ACC (maybe a random year) has been the best in the past 30 years.

As for boasting about being the greatest, I remember LeBron predicting 6 titles for Miami.  ::)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 09:15:19 AM »
Agreed and they took the title from the Big East. I don't think that the Big 10 or ACC (maybe a random year) has been the best in the past 30 years.

As for boasting about being the greatest, I remember LeBron predicting 6 titles for Miami.  ::)

The ACC used to be top-to-bottom pretty damn tough.  Early part of the century they had years they were the best league but it’s been awhile.  The middle and bottom have been super soft.

Big Ten has a few years the past decade of being the best regular season league and deepest but haven’t had the results in March.  The same was true of the Big XII until the last two seasons.  The Big East hasn’t been great in March for the most part the past decade outside Villanova. 

It’s fun to poke the Big Ten for their March failures.  I guess it’s how we look at leagues.  Would you rather have a deep, competitive league that is fun to follow or a league with a lead dog capable of winning the title while the rest of the league is “meh”?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 09:18:00 AM »
I can't stand the guy.  The BEast has done quite well since they bolted and I would agree the B12 has been the best overall conference.  There's no question the B14 flame out was a thing of beauty but it's a little weird to say all of their teams essentially sucked in Boeheim's position.  Especially when Syracuse didn't make the tournament and the ACC has had bad tournament results certain years.  I think is just another illustration of his douchebaggery although I will admit personal bias. But where would you slot him in all-time DR (Douchebag Ranking)?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 09:19:32 AM by MuggsyB »

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 09:45:15 AM »
Typical Boeheim non-conference schedule.

8 home games, 2 neutral court games in Brooklyn, NY and one road game at Illinois in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.  Leave the state of New York for one game.

Cooley has a similar scheduling philosophy at Providence.  8 home games, 2 neutral court games at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut (60 miles from campus), a road game at Rhode Island (30 miles from campus) and a road game at TCU in the Big 12/Big East event.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 09:54:40 AM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 09:45:28 AM »
I can't stand the guy.  The BEast has done quite well since they bolted and I would agree the B12 has been the best overall conference.  There's no question the B14 flame out was a thing of beauty but it's a little weird to say all of their teams essentially sucked in Boeheim's position.  Especially when Syracuse didn't make the tournament and the ACC has had bad tournament results certain years.  I think is just another illustration of his douchebaggery although I will admit personal bias. But where would you slot him in all-time DR (Douchebag Ranking)?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2022, 09:48:36 AM »
S U P E R     B A R

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »
S U P E R     B A R

Oh...oops.  My apologies Dr. B.