[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre  (Read 3365 times)

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
Favre
« on: September 28, 2022, 11:22:02 PM »
The more that comes out the clearer it becomes he is a genuinely despicable person. I never had much of a tie to Wisconsin so for folks who were around in the 90s and 00s—did he have a local reputation for being a scumbag (like Big Ben had in Pittsburgh)?

I knew he could be attention-hogging and maybe a jerk sometimes, but had no idea he was such a bad guy.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Favre
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 11:45:27 PM »
The more that comes out the clearer it becomes he is a genuinely despicable person. I never had much of a tie to Wisconsin so for folks who were around in the 90s and 00s—did he have a local reputation for being a scumbag (like Big Ben had in Pittsburgh)?

I knew he could be attention-hogging and maybe a jerk sometimes, but had no idea he was such a bad guy.

Yes. He (along with Mark Chmura) was known far and wide as a dirtbag. But like most team's fans, Packers fans just looked the other way.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 05:37:07 AM »

Yes.  The myth of the man never matched the truth.  Once a dirtbag, always a dirtbag.  The stories of him in Milwaukee aren’t heroic unless you like him commandeering bar bathrooms for his pleasure.

His running mate was Chmura as mentioned and Chmura was a bigger donkey. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 05:49:48 AM »
Yes.  The myth of the man never matched the truth.  Once a dirtbag, always a dirtbag.  The stories of him in Milwaukee aren’t heroic unless you like him commandeering bar bathrooms for his pleasure.

A lot of the 90s era Packers were dirtbags.

When Edgar Bennett retired from playing, the organization brought him back to a new position to basically babysit the players.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 07:56:04 AM »
From 2018-2020, Brett Favre’s charitable foundation, Favre 4 Hope, which has a stated mission to support disadvantaged children and cancer patients, donated more than $130,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Athletic Foundation during the same years that Favre was working to finance a new volleyball center at the school.

Throw in the drugs, drinking, and womanizing and you get the true essence of the man.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 09:23:33 AM »

Yea, stories of him, Chmura, and Frank Winters setting up shop at the back of the bar and making the bathroom private for their use are legendary.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 09:42:56 AM »
Wasn’t, maybe he still is, Chmura a landlord on campus? I thought he had houses at 16 and kilborn?
Bring back FFP!!!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 10:08:22 AM »
Wasn’t, maybe he still is, Chmura a landlord on campus? I thought he had houses at 16 and kilborn?

He married into the Goff auto body repair business

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 10:21:30 AM »
swoopem

I do not know about Churma owning property on MU campus, but Sal Bando's kid was my son's landlord.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 11:41:57 AM »
Young, wealthy pro athletes with virtually unlimited access to women.

Stop the presses.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 11:53:01 AM »

Stop the presses.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it should be published...but it is dirtbag behavior.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 12:15:57 PM »
From 2018-2020, Brett Favre’s charitable foundation, Favre 4 Hope, which has a stated mission to support disadvantaged children and cancer patients, donated more than $130,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Athletic Foundation during the same years that Favre was working to finance a new volleyball center at the school.

Throw in the drugs, drinking, and womanizing and you get the true essence of the man.

Stealing from your cancer charity is a time-honored tradition in some circles.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »

Stop the presses.

Let’s just say it wasn’t always consensual

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »
Stealing from your cancer charity is a time-honored tradition in some circles.

To be fair, nothing he did in this instance is illegal. His foundation made gifts to the "USM Athletic Foundation," along with a number of other 501(c)(3) organizations.  It most certainly is unethical that he said he was going to use it to support one cause and ended up giving support to another.  But he didn't violate any laws here.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2022, 12:45:36 PM »

To be fair, nothing he did in this instance is illegal. His foundation made gifts to the "USM Athletic Foundation," along with a number of other 501(c)(3) organizations.  It most certainly is unethical that he said he was going to use it to support one cause and ended up giving support to another.  But he didn't violate any laws here.

🙄

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 12:55:34 PM »
🙄

I mean...I guess. But Favre wasn't "stealing" from his cancer charity.

Look, we can admit the guy was a dirtbag and participated in the mis-appropriation of welfare funds in a way that is likely illegal, but let's not exaggerate here. It was a private foundation that donated $$ to a charitable organization that wasn't consistent with its stated purpose. Not exactly earth-shattering.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 12:56:00 PM »

Look, we can admit the guy was a dirtbag and participated in the mis-appropriation of welfare funds in a way that is likely illegal, but let's not exaggerate here. It was a private foundation that donated $$ to a charitable organization that wasn't consistent with its stated purpose. Not exactly earth-shattering.

🙄

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
Reminiscent of the $10 million lawsuit filed earlier this month against Mr. Shalomyah Bowers, an executive of the BLM Foundation, alleging , among other things, that Mr. Bowers had siphoned off $10 million from donors and dubiuosly misapplied the funds.

Man, if you can't trust Brett Favre and BLM, who can you trust??

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2022, 01:05:52 PM »

Is it also "OK" that his charity gave to a high school his daughter played volleyball for?

The donations, identified in public records filed by the foundation, also include more than $60,000 to the Oak Grove High School Booster Club, to assist with the construction of an athletic facility.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2022, 01:14:28 PM »

Depending on the circumstances under which the donated money was given, it could be fraud. If the foundation solicited these funds stating it would be for a specific use, or the donor gave it with instructions that it be used for a specific purpose, then Favre could be in trouble here.
Not that anyone in Mississippi would be eager to prosecute.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2022, 01:15:55 PM »
Is it also "OK" that his charity gave to a high school his daughter played volleyball for?

What do you mean "OK?" A quick search shows that the "Oak Grove High School Booster Club" is a legitimate 501(c)(3) organization. In 2014 they received that designation by the IRS and files taxes and everything. So it is perfectly legal for the Favre charitable foundation to make donations to that organization.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »
Reminiscent of the $10 million lawsuit filed earlier this month against Mr. Shalomyah Bowers, an executive of the BLM Foundation, alleging , among other things, that Mr. Bowers had siphoned off $10 million from donors and dubiuosly misapplied the funds.

That’s relavent to this topic? 

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 01:21:15 PM »
Depending on the circumstances under which the donated money was given, it could be fraud. If the foundation solicited these funds stating it would be for a specific use, or the donor gave it with instructions that it be used for a specific purpose, then Favre could be in trouble here.
Not that anyone in Mississippi would be eager to prosecute.

I can pretty much guaranty you that no private foundation has ever faced fraud charges by making gifts to one type of charity instead of another.  I am not saying it can't happen, and may actually be more of a civil case than a criminal one, but the Foundation is making legal gifts to not-for-profit entities.

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2022, 01:22:36 PM »

Not even remotely similar.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2022, 01:32:27 PM »

I can pretty much guaranty you that no private foundation has ever faced fraud charges by making gifts to one type of charity instead of another.  I am not saying it can't happen, and may actually be more of a civil case than a criminal one, but the Foundation is making legal gifts to not-for-profit entities.

I'm not going to spend the time researching this, at least not now, but the circumstances here are so unique that you're not likely to find a comparable case. Again, I doubt anyone will be eager to prosecute here - in criminal or civil court - but it's indisputable that if a charity solicits funds for Reason A (helping poor kids) then spends that same money on Reason B (building a volleyball facility for a well-off school), that's considered misappropriation of funds.
To be clear, I have no idea how Favre's foundation solicited funds.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2022, 01:37:22 PM »

Stop the presses.

..."But like most team's fans, Packers fans just looked the other way."

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2022, 01:40:16 PM »

Not even remotely similar.
[/quote

"reminiscent" is an adjective meaning " tending to remind one of something".

I didn't say "similar". I said the Brett Favre ripoff called to mind the BLM ripoff.Is that okay.]

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2022, 01:44:50 PM »
Favre has a track record of being scummy.  Thats without doubt.  But I agree that the charity fund "misappropriation" doesn't bother me all that much, comparatively.   There are countless instances of celebrity/athlete charity foundations that route money into their own pockets, or pay friends/family members huge salaries as "employees", or don't donate money at all.

If not for the welfare fraud, this portion would be a total non-story IMO.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2022, 01:48:23 PM »
Favre has a track record of being scummy.  Thats without doubt.  But I agree that the charity fund "misappropriation" doesn't bother me all that much, comparatively.   There are countless instances of celebrity/athlete charity foundations that route money into their own pockets, or pay friends/family members huge salaries as "employees", or don't donate money at all.

It’s welfare fraud in one of the nations poorest states

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2022, 01:49:20 PM »

If not for two long field goals by opposing kickers, the Panthers would be 3-0 this season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »

Yup, there's a boatload of money to be made these days in "fighting poverty".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2022, 01:54:33 PM »

Screw fighting poverty. As Jesus said, "To hell with poor people. And build a wall to keep the immigrants out, too!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:57 PM »
It’s welfare fraud in one of the nations poorest states

You misread, I wasn't saying the welfare fraud wasn't egregious.  Its despicable.  The charity situation, on its own, is just meh.

If not for two long field goals by opposing kickers, the Panthers would be 3-0 this season.

Thats not at all analogous.  Maybe like, a kicker missing 2 XPs is bad, but no big deal.  But if that same kicker had a substance abuse issue and gambling debts, then suddenly is under the microscope.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2022, 02:03:17 PM »

That certainly gives Favre a pass. 

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2022, 02:10:47 PM »
I'm not going to spend the time researching this, at least not now, but the circumstances here are so unique that you're not likely to find a comparable case. Again, I doubt anyone will be eager to prosecute here - in criminal or civil court - but it's indisputable that if a charity solicits funds for Reason A (helping poor kids) then spends that same money on Reason B (building a volleyball facility for a well-off school), that's considered misappropriation of funds.
To be clear, I have no idea how Favre's foundation solicited funds.

Oh FFS quit being hyperbolic. It most certainly is not "indisputable" that this would be considered a misappropriation of funds. For better or worse, high school booster clubs and intercollegiate athletics are charitable enterprises. A foundation making gifts to such organizations is perfectly legal.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2022, 02:11:21 PM »

Most definitely.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2022, 02:11:45 PM »
Screw fighting poverty. As Jesus said, "To hell with poor people. And build a wall to keep the immigrants out, too!"

Source??

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2022, 02:42:07 PM »
Oh FFS quit being hyperbolic. It most certainly is not "indisputable" that this would be considered a misappropriation of funds. For better or worse, high school booster clubs and intercollegiate athletics are charitable enterprises. A foundation making gifts to such organizations is perfectly legal.

Not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse here for argument's sake, but you're failing to grasp the point.
Nobody here is saying a foundation making gifts to such organizations is in and of itself illegal. As I've already explained, the potential illegality depends on how the donated funds were solicited and/or whether they were donor restricted. If either is the case - and I have no idea whether it's the case with Favre's foundation -  diverting those funds to another purpose, even another charitable purpose, is misappropriation.
Weird hill you're dying on here.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2022, 03:17:33 PM »
Not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse here for argument's sake, but you're failing to grasp the point.
Nobody here is saying a foundation making gifts to such organizations is in and of itself illegal. As I've already explained, the potential illegality depends on how the donated funds were solicited and/or whether they were donor restricted. If either is the case - and I have no idea whether it's the case with Favre's foundation -  diverting those funds to another purpose, even another charitable purpose, is misappropriation.
Weird hill you're dying on here.

OK, well you first said it was "fraud" and then said it was an "indisputable...misappropriation of funds." 

Now you are saying "potential liability."  Which I generally agree with.  As I said earlier, "I am not saying it can't happen" that a criminal case would be filed.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2022, 03:33:42 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2022, 03:41:53 PM »
This guy

The Bible is my favorite comedy

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2022, 03:42:13 PM »
Quite dramatic.

And here I always had you pegged for someone  who wanted to take God out of the public debate.Yet now you bring God into the public debate.

So, which is it??

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
You asked for the source.

You're welcome.

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2022, 03:50:52 PM »
Quite dramatic.

And here I always had you pegged for someone  who wanted to take God out of the public debate.Yet now you bring God into the public debate.

So, which is it??

Scoop is the "public debate?"   :o :o :o

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2022, 03:56:56 PM »
Quite dramatic.

So, which is it??

Jesus was a liberal. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2022, 04:01:43 PM »
Jesus was a liberal.

I bet Jesus would smoke a lot of weed

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2022, 04:08:21 PM »

OK, well you first said it was "fraud" and then said it was an "indisputable...misappropriation of funds." 

Now you are saying "potential liability."  Which I generally agree with.  As I said earlier, "I am not saying it can't happen" that a criminal case would be filed.

I didn't use the phrase "potential liability." I wrote "potential illegality."
And I didn't say it "was fraud." I said it "could be fraud."
Could be fraud and potential illegality are pretty much synonymous.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2022, 04:20:46 PM »
Jesus was a liberal.

Whatever you say.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2022, 04:23:30 PM »
It appears Farve's foundation solicits donations expressly for underserved and disabled children and breast cancer patients. From their website:
WELCOME TO FAVRE 4 HOPE

In 1995, Brett and Deanna Favre founded the Favre 4 Hope Foundation to provide financial assistance to 501(c)3 agencies that provide services to underserved and disabled children in Mississippi and Wisconsin.

In 2005, after Deanna completed her treatment for breast cancer, the Foundation extended their mission statement to include organizations providing financial aid for breast cancer patients.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2022, 04:44:39 PM »
Turns out there is a lot of underserved and disabled children on the Southern Miss women's volleyball team.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2022, 05:06:20 PM »
It appears Farve's foundation solicits donations expressly for underserved and disabled children and breast cancer patients. From their website:
WELCOME TO FAVRE 4 HOPE

In 1995, Brett and Deanna Favre founded the Favre 4 Hope Foundation to provide financial assistance to 501(c)3 agencies that provide services to underserved and disabled children in Mississippi and Wisconsin.

In 2005, after Deanna completed her treatment for breast cancer, the Foundation extended their mission statement to include organizations providing financial aid for breast cancer patients.

I remember when he did those interviews with his wife during her treatment and then went out and banged skanks.  Wonder how much money he’s used from his foundation to pay women to be quiet?

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2022, 05:59:25 PM »
Whatever you say.
If you read the new testament, that is not really up for debate.  The type of person he was is most definitely a liberal, which is why the "conservative Christian" is pretty much a direct contrast to the teachings of the person they claim to worship. 

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2022, 06:09:26 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2022, 06:25:42 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2022, 07:21:28 PM »
I think trying to place Jesus on the modern day political spectrum is probably not a great idea.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2022, 08:04:03 PM »
I remember when he did those interviews with his wife during her treatment and then went out and banged skanks.  Wonder how much money he’s used from his foundation to pay women to be quiet?
I've definitely decided to start a foundation.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2022, 08:13:37 PM »
If you read the new testament, that is not really up for debate.  The type of person he was is most definitely a liberal, which is why the "conservative Christian" is pretty much a direct contrast to the teachings of the person they claim to worship.

If that's how you get through the day, then I want you to hold on tightly to that belief. Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2022, 08:21:14 PM »
Jesus was a liberal.

Born out of wedlock, lived with Mom ‘til he was 30, never had a job, Mom thought he was God…yeah, he fits the profile.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2022, 08:25:17 PM »
If that's how you get through the day, then I want you to hold on tightly to that belief. Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2022, 08:45:15 PM »

J was a give to your charity guy (personal responsibility, conservative) not a let’s have government confiscate your stuff and dole it out to whom they see fit (liberal).

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2022, 08:55:38 PM »
J was a give to your charity guy (personal responsibility, conservative) not a let’s have government confiscate your stuff and dole it out to whom they see fit (liberal).

You've learned the teachings of Republican Jesus well!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:08:33 PM by TSmith34 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2022, 09:08:21 PM »
How did Jesus feel about transgender athletes and critical race theory?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2022, 09:40:13 PM »
Love that all the pictorials used here are white Jesus.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2022, 10:24:56 PM »
Born out of wedlock, lived with Mom ‘til he was 30, never had a job, Mom thought he was God…yeah, he fits the profile.

At least he was a blond white man.

Sorry, Retire. Didn’t see your post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:26:42 PM by Jockey »

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2022, 01:06:56 AM »
Dodds has always been a huge Farve apologist but he has been strangely silent on this affair.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2022, 11:18:32 AM »
JFC (who may or may not have smoked week) - I have a couple busy days and ignore scoop and you all dive into crap.  Keep it up, my banhammer was recharging over those days...