[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Daniel
[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Police Leave Cruiser on Train Tracks with Suspect Inside  (Read 1303 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Police Leave Cruiser on Train Tracks with Suspect Inside
« on: September 25, 2022, 08:42:28 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2022/09/23/colorado-train-hits-police-vehicle-woman-inside/amp/

I heard this story and thought someone was making a bad joke about police intelligence. How the actual fck can someone be this stupid? There needs to be criminal charges in this case.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
Re: Police Leave Cruiser on Train Tracks with Suspect Inside
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 08:53:22 AM »
Holy f@ck.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 09:07:27 AM »
I’ll go either the obvious (only) answer.

It was intentional.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »

It was intentional.
While I think 'intentional' is a logical conclusion, I think police can make bad mistakes just like any person, just Google stupid people and you'll see just how stupid people can be. That said, the cops deserve serious consequences for this. IMHO.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 09:25:09 AM »

It was intentional.

Unless it's revealed that the cop had some sort of connection to the victim/suspect, I honestly think it is massive stupidity. If you get off on messing with suspects, there are ways to do it that aren't caught on camera and destroy your work vehicle,  virtually guaranteeing that you will be fired (which will caught off your supply of future victims)
TAMU

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 11:45:04 AM »
Unless it's revealed that the cop had some sort of connection to the victim/suspect, I honestly think it is massive stupidity. If you get off on messing with suspects, there are ways to do it that aren't caught on camera and destroy your work vehicle,  virtually guaranteeing that you will be fired (which will caught off your supply of future victims)

It wasn't a lone cop, though. There were at least 2 others cops on the scene.

I think it was intentional - just one more form of intimidation. They left her on the track to show her what they could do to her. They were just too stupid to realize that a train might come.

Charge them and put 'em in jail.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 12:00:43 PM »

Agreed. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »
Hanlon’s Razor
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 08:22:52 PM »

It was intentional.

Jockey’s Razor

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 03:43:28 AM »
QI + powerful union = cops will skate unfazed by this.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 07:53:37 AM »
Jockey’s Razor

Thank you for the compliment.

The cop would have literally stepped on the tracks when he got out of the car. But he was too stoopid to know what the tracks are for? Yup, that happens a lot to people.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 08:07:09 AM »
I tend to think incompetence rather than malfeasance.

Of course, folks like this are working in the profession: https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/17/cop-who-told-drivers-get-the-f-out-of-the-way-suspended-10-hours-17393592/

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2022, 08:38:19 AM »

The cop would have literally stepped on the tracks when he got out of the car. But he was too stoopid to know what the tracks are for? Yup, that happens a lot to people.

Not a lot of people are in a high risk situation, having to draw a gun on someone and being unsure what that person has in their vehicle.  That alone might make you think less rationally and clearly.

Then there's the factor of, the person stopped right after the train tracks.  If the cops stop before the train tracks, they don't have the shield of their doors when they're directing the person to get out of their vehicle (completely exposed in a potentially dangerous situation), there's enough space that maybe the suspect can get out and make a run for it before the cops have time to react, etc.  Try to pull up in front of, or beside, the vehicle and if the suspect has weapons drawn and ready to use they can just use them as you drive up next to them.  They were clearly worried about weapons and whether the person may fire at them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2022, 08:55:09 AM »
Not a lot of people are in a high risk situation, having to draw a gun on someone and being unsure what that person has in their vehicle.  That alone might make you think less rationally and clearly.

Then there's the factor of, the person stopped right after the train tracks.  If the cops stop before the train tracks, they don't have the shield of their doors when they're directing the person to get out of their vehicle (completely exposed in a potentially dangerous situation), there's enough space that maybe the suspect can get out and make a run for it before the cops have time to react, etc.  Try to pull up in front of, or beside, the vehicle and if the suspect has weapons drawn and ready to use they can just use them as you drive up next to them.  They were clearly worried about weapons and whether the person may fire at them.

You’re rationalizing STOPPING ON RAILROAD TRACKS. But I guess that since you are privy to what they were thinking…

Once they got her out of her car, they were no longer threatened (if they ever were). The cop then proceeded to literally walk on the train tracks again to put her in the car. Then he walked across the tracks AGAIN to walk back to her vehicle. Then he didn’t see the bright light coming. He didn’t hear the horn.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:01:00 AM by Jockey »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2022, 09:03:54 AM »
You’re rationalizing STOPPING ON RAILROAD TRACKS. But I guess that since you are privy to what they were thinking…

Once they got her out of her car, they were no longer threatened (if they ever were). The cop then proceeded to literally walk on the train tracks again to put her in the car. Then he walked across the tracks AGAIN to walk back to her vehicle. Then he didn’t see the bright light coming. He didn’t hear the horn.

Correct.  I'm rationalizing what they did.

I mean, if you watch the video it's pretty clear they weren't like, "This woman is trouble.  Let's park our car on the tracks, throw her in the car, and let it sit until a train comes and plows through it."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2022, 09:40:41 AM »

And you're hypothesizing that someone intentionally parked on the tracks, put someone in the cruiser, and left the cruiser on the tracks so that a train could plow through it. But I guess that since you are privy to what they were thinking...

I know which scenario I think is more likely. It was a shockingly stupid thing to do and thank goodness the woman wasn't killed.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2022, 09:48:19 AM »

No one is arguing that the officer was too dumb to know what train tracks are for. More that for whatever reason, there was a disconnect between the thought of "I'm on train tracks" and "my car could get hit by a train if I park here". Massively stupid. Criminally negligent. But based on the video I don't think intentional (though if it turns out that he has some sort of connection to the victim/suspect I could possibly be convinced otherwise).

Make no mistake, I think this officer should spend a significant time in jail and should never work in law enforcement or carry a weapon again. But I think if you try to charge this as an attempted murder, it will fail.
TAMU

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2022, 09:50:31 AM »
No one is arguing that the officer was too dumb to know what train tracks are for. More that for whatever reason, there was a disconnect between the thought of "I'm on train tracks" and "my car could get hit by a train if I park here". Massively stupid. Criminally negligent. But based on the video I don't think intentional (though if it turns out that he has some sort of connection to the victim/suspect I could possibly be convinced otherwise).

Make no mistake, I think this officer should spend a significant time in jail and should never work in law enforcement or carry a weapon again. But I think if you try to charge this as an attempted murder, it will fail.

My expectation is:

This officer will spend no time in jail.

This officer will be suspended but ultimately win a grievance receiving reinstatement and back pay.

This officer will not be criminally charged and if charges are brought the DA will not secure conviction.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »
QI + powerful union = cops will skate unfazed by this.

Cops in Colorado don't have QI. This will be an interesting one.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2022, 10:16:31 AM »
Cops in Colorado don't have QI. This will be an interesting one.

whoa, did not know that. thanks.