collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kermode Bear Spotted in the UP  (Read 3798 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Kermode Bear Spotted in the UP
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2022, 09:45:58 PM »
Great story, and yes-bears are crafty. A beekeeper near me got a call from a man who allowed the beekeeper to set up a couple of hives on his property. Bears were raiding the hives, so the beekeeper quickly drove to the property to run them off with pellet guns and bear spray. While there, he gets a frantic call from his wife telling him that bears hit the mother lode of hives on his own property. The first raid was a diversionary one! Those bears probably wished they had Cuban cigars to celebrate their big victory.

I would have been very nervous with Mama bear and her cubs near my picnic table. Mamas are often notoriously paranoid when they have cubs and can be really dangerous.

Bears are much.much, smarter than some are suggesting here. And you're correct Scoop Snoop: Don't trifle with a Mama Bear and her cubs. I enjoy the videos where they hop fences and swim in human pools as a family. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2022, 09:47:18 PM »
Bears are imbeciles.

Gorillas would gronk smash them to death.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2022, 10:13:55 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/outsider.com/outdoors/grizzly-bear-ferociously-protects-kill-while-tourists-watch-yellowstone-national-park/amp/

I was in Yellowstone the day this happened. There was a massive traffic jam. We parked and tried to walk to whatever was causing it, but there was no end in sight so we went back to the car. On our way back people would ask us “what’s up there?” We told them we hadn’t got up to it and then joked that we should’ve told them a grizzly was fighting a bison. We joked about how it’s probably just a bison in a field, because every time there was a traffic jam that’s what it seemed to be. We started driving back towards it and heard someone answer a person in front of us that a grizzly had killed a bull elk. So then we knew we had to stop. The three passengers got out and as we got up to where the crowd was across the river there was a spot open right next to a ranger’s car. Felt like there must’ve been a reason nobody was taking the spot, but I pulled in anyway.

Most of the time we were there the bear was just sleeping near the half buried hill elk. We started to leave and it started moving around a bit, so we stopped to watch. A ranger was right there so she told us all about how it happened and all about the bear. She said he’d probably continue to rest for another day but if we stopped back the next day we might see it more active. We came back the next day and it still hadn’t bit into its catch and was still just sleeping. It was on like national news because apparently grizzlies will typically eat as much as it can and then get away and wolves and other bears come in and eat what’s left. But this guy was eating some, burying the rest, and fighting off other bears and wolves. They said it was very unusual behavior.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2022, 05:55:24 AM »
Bears are imbeciles.

Gorillas would gronk smash them to death.

Preach.  Black bears are cowardly dumb beasts.