collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hypothetical Question  (Read 2114 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Hypothetical Question
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2022, 12:54:39 PM »
Jon Hein v Debra Ganz
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2022, 02:16:01 PM »
I assume Fury would lose his confidence rather quickly in these potential scenarios.  :)

I assume Fury would lose his limbs rather quickly in these potential scenarios.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2022, 02:49:51 PM »
To go back to the OP, all one has to have done is watch the Karate Kid (and its 8,523 spin-offs) to know that a martial arts standout could beat anybody.

I mean, Arnold from Happy Days was smaller than Muggsy, and yet he never lost, no matter how large or accomplished the opponent. Even tweaked the opponent's nose at the end.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2022, 03:25:26 PM »
Uh what?  Humans are the most dangerous and prolific predators on the entire planet.  Our brains have enabled us to control literally every other species.  We are can eat almost anything that lives on the planet.  We used persistence hunting to track and chase down any animal until they are too exhausted to continue, and then we just kill it.

The discussion is about physical strength and power.  Thisis isn't about control, hunting, or acting like Rambo.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2022, 03:27:23 PM »
I feel like Muggsy would open Jurassic Park and just open the cages and enjoy the show.

Cheebs,

I have always felt that Hungry Hungry Hippos could be tweaked.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2022, 03:34:15 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2022, 04:05:25 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2022, 04:26:01 PM »
I wish I had dabbled a bit in martial arts in my prime.  Anyway, could say an 8th degree black belt in Karate, Judo, Tai-Kwando or whatever take out a heavyweight professional boxer regardless of his size or weight?  Would Bruce Lee for example really be able to introduce Tyson Fury to darkness?  I was just curious.
Great Question Muggsy.

Our Dojo has a number of  highly ranked Black Belts . Our top Sensei is  a 10th degree Black Belt he is in his mid 80s, recognized in Japan. He has mastery in so many forms it was ridiculous . To this day he has moves that can introduce people to darkness .

Many years ago there was a Heavyweight boxer named Gerry Cooney. He was a 6-7 great white hope from Long Island and for a brief moment Cooney had a share of the Heavy Weight Crown.

In order to increase his quickness Cooney trained against a number of our Sensei’s. He had a hard time fending off their kicks and punches . Was not able to land any meaningful punches of his own .  However if he would have landed a punch it would have been a devastating  blow that would have easily knocked one of our guys out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 05:02:45 PM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2022, 06:25:12 PM »
Great Question Muggsy.

Our Dojo has a number of  highly ranked Black Belts . Our top Sensei is  a 10th degree Black Belt he is in his mid 80s, recognized in Japan. He has mastery in so many forms it was ridiculous . To this day he has moves that can introduce people to darkness .

Many years ago there was a Heavyweight boxer named Gerry Cooney. He was a 6-7 great white hope from Long Island and for a brief moment Cooney had a share of the Heavy Weight Crown.

In order to increase his quickness Cooney trained against a number of our Sensei’s. He had a hard time fending off their kicks and punches . Was not able to land any meaningful punches of his own .  However if he would have landed a punch it would have been a devastating  blow that would have easily knocked one of our guys out.

Damn....80 and still with those skills??  That's extremely impressive Herman.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2022, 08:52:35 AM »
I made some good $$$ betting on Holmes vs. Cooney. What a bloody mess Cooney's face became.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2022, 08:58:46 AM »
I made some good $$$ betting on Holmes vs. Cooney. What a bloody mess Cooney's face became.

The Great White Dope!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2022, 10:00:01 AM »

Even now, all these years later, that was one of my best wins.

Cooney was beloved by racist gamblers so a lot of dumb money flowed his way. Not only did I do very well with the bet that a friend placed for me in Vegas, but I also had lots of individual bets with guys who loved the white Irishman simply because he was a white Irishman.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2022, 11:12:39 AM »
Yadi vs. the world's strongest man.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2022, 11:43:55 AM »
Yadi vs. the world's strongest man.
Well he is the worlds strongest man. Reminds me of the Ditka SNL sketches

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2022, 12:44:19 PM »
Yadi can slap those 12 RBI upside anybody's head.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2022, 03:25:50 PM »
With hodags and agropelters not far behind

Hodags are just misunderstood creatures.  I even have a book on it called A Monster Misunderstanding by Jill Kuczmarski.   

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2022, 03:35:00 PM »
Yadi vs. Trevor Mbakwe?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2022, 09:14:22 PM »
Scoop infecting JRE as it escapes our bounds… will this HQ ever be adequately answered?  Not by the scoop intelligencia.  We’ll have to trust in our future generations to solve this … maybe a showdown in some post-apocalyptic arena 12 yrs from now:

https://youtube.com/shorts/tpW_KQ0OGa0?feature=share