[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: View on death penalty from brother of Parkland victim  (Read 1483 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: View on death penalty from brother of Parkland victim
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2022, 04:14:00 PM »
So your wife is 100% for it……but doesn’t need any evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to come to this conclusion??
She just wants it used more often?

Taking what he wrote literally, then she simply requires less evidence than "beyond a reasonable doubt" to convict and condemn the accused.

Setting aside what I think of her position, I will grant her this: most people who argue for the liberal imposition and increased use of the death penalty don't have the courage of their convictions to come out and say that they don't care if innocent people are executed. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2022, 08:54:06 PM »
I pray that the mods kill it in the most humane manner possible.

The inflation transitory thread is 1000 times more political than this one, and it's well into Page 10.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2022, 02:53:34 PM »
More viewpoints from people whose loved ones were gunned down in another mass shooting (Buffalo):

Months after his mother, Geraldine, and nine other Black people died in a Buffalo grocery store at the hands of a White gunman, Mark Talley still wrestles with a question that haunts the victims’ families: What is the appropriate punishment for the perpetrator of such a heinous, racist crime?

“Some days, I want him killed in the most painful way — take it back to Genghis Khan’s time, give him as much pain as possible,” Talley said in a telephone interview this week. But in other moments of reflection, Talley, who recently launched a nonprofit community organization called “Agents for Advocacy,” has another view: “I don’t want death. I want him to suffer in jail” for the rest of his life. ...

Zeneta B. Everhart, whose son Zaire Goodman, 21, was wounded by a gunshot to the neck, said they both have expressed to prosecutors a preference for life in prison if Gendron is convicted.

“I do not think death-for-death is a solution for the problem,” said Everhart, who testified before a congressional panel on gun control in June and addressed the Eradicate Hate Global Summit in Pittsburgh on domestic extremism last week. “The problem this person had will not end when he dies. It does not erase the racism. The bigger issue is that he was radicalized into hating Black people.” ...

In an interview with ABC News last month, Wayne Jones and Garnell Whitfield Jr. — whose mothers, Celestine Chaney and Ruth Whitfield, respectively, were among those killed — said they were not advocating for the death penalty.

Jones said authorities risk turning Gendron, who investigators say wrote a 700-page manifesto sketching plans for the attack, into a martyr for white supremacists if he is put to death. Whitfield called Gendron an “insignificant pawn” in a racist system and said he would focus his attention on combating “the things that empowered him and the reason he became who he was.” Like Everhart, Whitfield appeared at the global anti-hate summit in Pittsburgh last week. ...

Monica Barnett, whose cousin Pearl Young was killed in the Buffalo shooting, wrote a column for MSNBC days after the massacre reflecting on Young’s teaching career and work operating a food pantry for the homeless. Barnett, a stylist and branding expert based in Washington, D.C., suggested Young, 77, would have forgiven Gendron and prayed with him. In an interview this week, Barnett said the essay drew some criticism from her relatives, whom she described as split over Gendron’s fate.

“We’re a religious family. We were raised in the church. But it doesn’t preclude us having these emotions over someone we lost,” Barnett said. “From that perspective, half the family is like, ‘Yeah, sentencing him to death is the answer. That’s the way to seek justice.’ The other half is just like, ‘No, that’s not the right thing. None of that brings Pearl back.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/29/buffalo-hate-crimes-gendron/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F380f78d%2F6335c1eaf3d9003c58fa185e%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F41%2F72%2F6335c1eaf3d9003c58fa185e&wp_cu=b1005792a416de1fbe1f17e5cf366b7d%7CB1FF71CA724A36FAE0530100007F88D6
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback