collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Camp Lejuene/Optima Tax Relief  (Read 912 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Camp Lejuene/Optima Tax Relief
« on: August 07, 2022, 07:18:52 PM »
Why are these commercials on every radio and TV station, 24 hrs a day, every five minutes?  Are they even real?  I assume everyone who went to  Camp Lejuene is dead anyway.  Even if they didn't get sick.  Campers from 1957-1987 or whatever?  WTF?  And what's the deal with this Optima Tax Relief (actor?) Guy.  Who on Earth would  be "ecstatic" or giggling like a 3 yr old over back taxes??  Has it occurred to anyone this is sociopathic?  What has happened to our country??   I assume these are targeted scams. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:29:44 PM by MuggsyB »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Camp Lejuene/Optima Tax Relief
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 07:24:52 PM »
The Camp Lejuene advertisements have to do with a law that was signed earlier this summer allowing for possible compensation for those who were exposed more than 30 days between those years. These are simply law firms seeking to file on behalf of people who meet those criteria.

I have no idea what Optima Tax Relief is.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 07:32:08 PM »
The Camp Lejuene advertisements have to do with a law that was signed earlier this summer allowing for possible compensation for those who were exposed more than 30 days between those years. These are simply law firms seeking to file on behalf of people who meet those criteria.

I have no idea what Optima Tax Relief is.

I am truly an insomniac.  Other than Giraffes I sleep less than anyone I've ever met and have been this way since I was born.  I believe I should be allowed to block all ads from Lejuene, Optima Tax, and the My Pillow guy.  I think that's fair. 

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 07:04:52 AM »
I am truly an insomniac.  Other than Giraffes I sleep less than anyone I've ever met and have been this way since I was born.  I believe I should be allowed to block all ads from Lejuene, Optima Tax, and the My Pillow guy.  I think that's fair.
The Camp Lejuene thing is 100% real. As for the tax one, there’s always been things like that.
All Lives Matter

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 10:56:12 AM »
In very general terms, Optima Tax Relief (OTR) works like this.

You owe the IRS $10,000 in back taxes. Through one means or another you have been able to fly below the radar and avoid paying them for years. But now because of a bout of conscience or because you borrowed money from your brother-in-law or your horse came in, you have money, and you'd like to square up with the IRS. But your're afraid of what they might do to you----i.e. penalties, interest, prosection, etc.

So you call Optima and Optima asks you how much money you have. You tell them you have $8.000 cash. So Optima then approaches the IRS and says "we've got a client, Mr. X, who owes you guys $10,000. He can pay you $5,000 in cash today in exchange for a complete release from the balance. The IRS says "OK, deal" (bird in the hand theory). Optima sends the IIS $5,000 ; Optima keeps $2,000 for it's fees; and you, Mr. X have just settled your problem and can come out from hiding.

Perfectly legal, goes on all the time. But annoying to those of us who faithfully pay all of our taxes on time.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 11:07:52 AM »
Tell me about the belly fat cures?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 11:20:29 AM »
In very general terms, Optima Tax Relief (OTR) works like this.

You owe the IRS $10,000 in back taxes. Through one means or another you have been able to fly below the radar and avoid paying them for years. But now because of a bout of conscience or because you borrowed money from your brother-in-law or your horse came in, you have money, and you'd like to square up with the IRS. But your're afraid of what they might do to you----i.e. penalties, interest, prosection, etc.

So you call Optima and Optima asks you how much money you have. You tell them you have $8.000 cash. So Optima then approaches the IRS and says "we've got a client, Mr. X, who owes you guys $10,000. He can pay you $5,000 in cash today in exchange for a complete release from the balance. The IRS says "OK, deal" (bird in the hand theory). Optima sends the IIS $5,000 ; Optima keeps $2,000 for it's fees; and you, Mr. X have just settled your problem and can come out from hiding.

Perfectly legal, goes on all the time. But annoying to those of us who faithfully pay all of our taxes on time.

How does Optima feel about the hiring of 87K IRS agents? 

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 11:31:38 AM »
How does Optima feel about the hiring of 87K IRS agents?

Well, the success of outfits like Optima and others, kind of depend on the IRS being understaffed and overwhelmed, so I would imagine that the addition of thousands of new auditors will interfere with their ability to compromise cases.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 12:09:11 PM »
Well, the success of outfits like Optima and others, kind of depend on the IRS being understaffed and overwhelmed, so I would imagine that the addition of thousands of new auditors will interfere with their ability to compromise cases.

Agreed.  So now I have to figure out who to attack relentlessly with no mercy.