[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: JFB Off the Court  (Read 1556 times)

JWags85

• All American
JFB Off the Court
« on: June 30, 2022, 09:06:01 PM »
Jimmy, the NBA superstar, has been a bit polarizing around here, but just wanted to share a non-basketball anecdote.

One of my close friends started his own sports nutrition brands and has been fairly successful.  Took on PE money and is expanding, and made good contacts in the process.  One of those mentioned that he came in contact with Jimmy's business manager as it relates to his burgeoning Big Face Coffee brand.  For all the buzz on social media, its really only JFB and his business manager working on it and his manager is understandably swamped and drowning.  So he got put in contact with my friend and he was asked if he would come out to the Hamptons this weekend and just talk about some stuff.

My buddy is from Columbus, has no JFB or Marquette affiliation or connection, but told me about it cause he knew I was a fan.

So he spent the day with him today and texted me tonight RAVING.  Said Jimmy was insistent on covering his travel and booking a car to bring him out.  My buddy was in Hilton Head for the week, his family flies back tomorrow, and Jimmy sent a gift basket to where they were staying with a bunch of stuff for his kids and a note that was like "sorry for borrowing your dad for the day, thank you!".  Said he arrived and Jimmy's 2 year old adorable daughter was there, running around and being a kid, Jimmy was a doting dad but made her greet my buddy as "Mr. XX" and shake his head.  She could call him Andy after, but the greeting had to be proper and formal.

Talked about how bold and insistent he was being with Big Face.  Wanted to do it his way, with his vision, if it burned money and wasn't profitable for years, so be it, but if it was a brand he was proud of and passionate about, money wasn't the object.  "I want this to be a coffee brand thats innovative and creative, something people love, I don't want this crap to be Jimmy Butler's coffee.  I don't want or need money from a gimmick".

Said his energy and ambition was absolutely infectious.  Came away ready to buy 22 jerseys for all his kids and was ready to run through a wall for him.

withoutbias

• All American
Re: JFB Off the Court
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 09:55:11 PM »
I don’t doubt he’s passionate and wants to put out a good product and knows how to put on an impressive sales pitch.

Unfortunately a number of females were not treated nearly as well in his time at Marquette as your friend was.

Time can help maturity. Hopefully he did.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 06:07:29 AM »
I don’t doubt he’s passionate and wants to put out a good product and knows how to put on an impressive sales pitch.

Unfortunately a number of females were not treated nearly as well in his time at Marquette as your friend was.

Time can help maturity. Hopefully he did.

Thinking about it, no one on this board was anything like that at 20 years old.  Surely.   ::)

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 09:41:59 AM »
Thinking about it, no one on this board was anything like that at 20 years old.  Surely.   ::)

I don't know about you, but I was never in front of a judge multiple times because of what I did to women when I was 20 years old.  Or ever.  And as far as I know, none of my friends were either.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 09:55:11 AM »
I don't know about you, but I was never in front of a judge multiple times because of what I did to women when I was 20 years old.  Or ever.  And as far as I know, none of my friends were either.

Nothing in the Milwaukee county court records from his time in Milwaukee.  Never charged, let alone convicted.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 09:56:52 AM »
Nothing in the Milwaukee county court records from his time in Milwaukee.  Never charged, let alone convicted.

Erik Williams was never charged or convicted either.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 09:59:27 AM »

Okay

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 10:36:35 AM »
Glad our resident Jimmy hater hijacked a positive thread about him in 2022 to rehash circumstantial things from more than a decade ago.  Wonder if he's teaching his daughter to be a fake tough guy too.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 11:06:41 AM »

If he wasn't charged, how was he brought before a judge ... multiple times, no less?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 11:08:03 AM »

Apparently, neither was JFB.   So you two have that in common.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 11:10:44 AM »
If he wasn't charged, how was he brought before a judge ... multiple times, no less?
Shhhhh. Never let facts get in the way of a good story. Either that or some sort of scared straight program?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 11:16:17 AM »
Starting to think Mr. Bias is a sociopath.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 11:30:11 AM »

If being uncomfortable bowing to a woman beater is a sociopath, then yes I am a sociopath.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 11:35:14 AM »

I feel like its more than his sister/good friend/girl he crushed on hard, got swerved/ghosted/dumped by Jimmy in a crappy fashion (likely not treated great), which many 20 year old guys, much less 20 year star athletes, do...and he's not been able to get over it.

If being uncomfortable bowing to a woman beater is a sociopath, then yes I am a sociopath.

I find it interesting that of many people I knew at Marquette with Jimmy, as well as a decade of him being a high profile NBA player/star, you're the only instance and steadfast descriptor of him as such.

But we'll wait for all of these mythical court cases that supposedly substantiate that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »

We should totally take your word for it, given your record of truthiness so far.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2022, 12:01:45 PM »
We should totally take your word for it, given your record of truthiness so far.

You should believe whatever you want to.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2022, 12:12:36 PM »
You should believe whatever you want to.

I believe it's cowardly to anonymously accuse someone of a crime through provably false claims and without an ounce of evidence.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2022, 12:30:03 PM »
I believe it's cowardly to anonymously accuse someone of a crime through provably false claims and without an ounce of evidence.

Sounds good.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2022, 12:53:26 PM »

Second thought, maybe you're right  At the very least obsessive to a concerning degree.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2022, 01:34:55 PM »

Just another punk who posts bullcrap on social media with stating any facts or producing any evidence.