[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats to the Nordiques!!  (Read 810 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Congrats to the Nordiques!!
« on: June 26, 2022, 09:55:16 PM »
I assume things will be hopping in Q-City tonight?

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Congrats to the Nordiques!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 10:13:03 PM »
Stan Kroenke wins the Super Bowl and Stanley Cup in the same year.
Booooo.
At least Arsenal still sucks.

On the other hand, Denver wins the Stanley Cup and Frozen Four in the same year, which is pretty cool.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 10:26:00 PM »
The streak is at 29.   Who will win a title sooner?  A Canadian NHL team or a B14 Men's NCAA basketball team?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 10:27:33 PM by MuggsyB »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 01:50:31 AM »
Probably not
As a Hartford Whalers fan I detest Carolina, the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins.  Neutral on the Islanders and Devil's.

Bring back the Whale!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 06:15:37 AM »
The streak is at 29.   Who will win a title sooner?  A Canadian NHL team or a B14 Men's NCAA basketball team?

Since both events last occurred, in 1993 and 2000 respectively, a Canadian team and a B10 team has finished runner up six times with Vancouver and Michigan both losing twice.

The futility of Canadian NHL teams is amazing. Twice they have held 3-2 leads in the finals (Calgary in 2004 and Vancouver in 2011) with chances to win at home and it didn’t happen. That game six in Calgary actually went to overtime as well. 

Edmonton also lost a game 7 on the road in 2006.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 07:51:58 AM »
Very entertaining 3rd period last night.

Some say playoff OT is the most exciting thing in hockey, but I think a 1-goal game in which a team is desperate for the tying goal is most exciting. In the former, the OTs can go on forever and I find myself flipping the channel, hoping either to happen to see the winner or watching the replay of it. In the latter, the tension builds and builds.

The Avs were the better team most of the night, and were brilliant in the 2nd and 3rd periods. And yet Tampa had a chance to tie hit the post. Great sports theater.

And while I'm glad Denver has a team, because they deserve one, I wish Quebec City still had a team, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 10:40:22 AM »
The Nordiques deserved to move based on what they wanted to change their logo and colors to if the team had stayed.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 08:29:39 PM »
The Nordiques deserved to move based on what they wanted to change their logo and colors to if the team had stayed.

Those involved with the idea of fking with the red igloo logo should have been imprisoned with no chance for parole.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 09:11:18 PM »
I assume things will be hopping in Q-City tonight?

most are Habs fans now. They held a parade in 1996 since the team has just left but by now an entire generation of fans have never seen or heard a Nordiques game.

Besides, QC has a great nightlife anyway, they don't need a reason for things to be hopping.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 09:20:35 PM »
most are Habs fans now. They held a parade in 1996 since the team has just left but by now an entire generation of fans have never seen or heard a Nordiques game.

Besides, QC has a great nightlife anyway, they don't need a reason for things to be hopping.

Great food city.  I had a phenomenal pea soup there.  It was so good I had it three straight days and was sad I had to go back to Montreal. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 07:02:10 AM »

America should migrate north, annex the whole province of Quebec, and let Texas be its own country.