[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protecting the Constitution  (Read 26804 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Protecting the Constitution
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2022, 06:31:49 PM »
These are the stone age people we are dealing with.

Republican candidate Yesli Vega:

"The left will say, 'Well, what about in cases of rape or incest?' I'm a law enforcement officer. I became a police officer in 2011. I've worked one case where as a result of a rape, the young woman became pregnant."

How does she know how many rape cases end in pregnancy simply because she's a cop? What a painfully stupid thing to say.

She was then asked, "I've actually heard that it's harder for a woman to get pregnant if she's been raped. Have you heard that?"

"Well, maybe because there's so much going on in the body," Vega said. "I don't know. I haven't, you know, seen any studies. But if I'm processing what you're saying, it wouldn't surprise me. Because it's not something that's happening organically. You're forcing it. The individual, the male, is doing it as quickly — it's not like, you know — and so I can see why there is truth to that. It's unfortunate."

It harkens back to Senate Candidate Todd Akin's “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down" comment.

Of course in 2012, that was enough for the powers that be in the Republican party to turn against him. Now, it's more a statement of qualifications for what the party has become.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2022, 06:37:44 PM »
...exactly, it does not kill the fetus.

https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/d-and-c-dilation-and-curettage

I know what the procedure is. And it's still an illegal procedure after Roe was overturned. Because this wasn't about life, it was about controlling women.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2022, 06:39:12 PM »
So they were thrown away cause they are a disgusting, gross excuse for a "candy"?

Slander!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »
I know what the procedure is. And it's still an illegal procedure after Roe was overturned. Because this wasn't about life, it was about controlling women.

It was never an illegal procedure for treating miscarriages even before Roe. My aunt had one in the 1950s at the county hospital. I remember because the family was pretty upset at the loss of the baby. The instruments used in the procedure have been around since the mid 19th century. I doubt anyone will being going to jail or lose the medical license for this procedure in treating miscarriages.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2022, 09:13:54 PM »
Degrees from Marquette in the 60s must have been dished out like candy corn on Halloween.

At least my MU degree was worth a lot more then, than it is today.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2022, 09:18:08 PM »
It was never an illegal procedure for treating miscarriages even before Roe. My aunt had one in the 1950s at the county hospital. I remember because the family was pretty upset at the loss of the baby. The instruments used in the procedure have been around since the mid 19th century. I doubt anyone will being going to jail or lose the medical license for this procedure in treating miscarriages.

the thing most don't understand about Roe is that it wasn't about a woman's right, it was about the right of a doctor to perform the procedure.

"Roe isn't really about the woman's choice, is it?" Ginsburg told the University of Chicago Law School in May 2013. "It's about the doctor's freedom to practice...it wasn't woman-centered, it was physician-centered."

Perhaps if the court had decided an abortion was equal protection it may not have been overturned. Of course, the Democrats had 29 years of the Presidency to codify it into law, but that would have hurt fundraising. Instead, they relied on a ruling on a faulty foundation and got burned....but the fundraising is through the roof.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #331 on: June 27, 2022, 09:35:29 PM »

Also, the Catholic church is neutral on a miscarriage that requires a d&c.    The child is already dead, his/her spirit is with God and now it's just a necessary medical procedure for the mother and her health. 

Abortion originally was simply a medical term.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thecatholicworkingmother/2018/06/an-abortion-is-not-the-same-thing-as-a-miscarriage/

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #332 on: June 27, 2022, 10:24:19 PM »
Also, the Catholic church is neutral on a miscarriage that requires a d&c.    The child is already dead, his/her spirit is with God and now it's just a necessary medical procedure for the mother and her health. 

Abortion originally was simply a medical term.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thecatholicworkingmother/2018/06/an-abortion-is-not-the-same-thing-as-a-miscarriage/

Is the Catholic Church neutral on 11 year old alter boys?

If they are your moral authority, I think that explains it all.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2022, 10:31:08 PM »

Hysterical!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2022, 01:50:09 AM »
No, I'm saying that science says that gender isn't the same as sex.  Gender is a social construct, just like race.

But you know, here I go talking to a stupid person again.

I admit it can all be confusing but National Geographic dedicated an issue 5 years ago to explain and it was very informative.  Things made more sense after reading.

GENDER REVOLUTION
Read the historic January 2017 Special Issue of National Geographic magazine on the shifting landscape of gender and download our discussion guide for teachers and parents.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/issue/january-2017

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2022, 05:06:12 AM »
Iz dis all good wit da birthing person, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2022, 05:25:55 AM »

you need to leave your own personal experiences out of the discussion
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2022, 05:35:15 AM »

Do you really think it’s funny to imply that he’s a victim of child rape?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2022, 06:41:36 AM »

The Catholic Church is more dangerous than CRT, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2022, 06:49:55 AM »
bigot

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2022, 07:15:29 AM »

Unquestionably. Not even debatable.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2022, 07:34:55 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:36:47 AM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2022, 07:46:31 AM »
bigot

For a milennium, the Catholic Church has launched wars, committed unspeakable atrocities and topped it off by allowing pedophilia to run rampant amongst its clergy.  I guess I’m a bigot if I find the Catholic Church reprehensible

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2022, 07:49:24 AM »
Is he wrong?
He's still a bigot. He clearly has a prejudice against Catholics. Still don't understand why some people who don't believe in God and the Bible (see the poster who compared it to Aesop's fables) feel the need to try to disprove the Bible and the existence of God. Mind your own business.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2022, 07:51:09 AM »
For a milennium, the Catholic Church has launched wars, committed unspeakable atrocities and topped it off by allowing pedophilia to run rampant amongst its clergy.  I guess I’m a bigot if I find the Catholic Church reprehensible
Well, when you say the Bible is the most dangerous book ever written. Yes, you are a bigot towards Christians.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2022, 07:51:54 AM »
He's still a bigot. He clearly has a prejudice against Catholics. Still don't understand why some people who don't believe in God and the Bible (see the poster who compared it to Aesop's fables) feel the need to try to disprove the Bible and the existence of God. Mind your own business.

Religious folks should do the same

MU82

• All American
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2022, 07:57:56 AM »

I can't (and don't need to) speak for Rico, but this whole discussion wouldn't be necessary if some people who believe in God and the Bible weren't using those things to justify government climbing into a woman's womb (not to mention justifying other laws that take personal freedoms away from American citizens).

People throughout the world have used God and the Bible to justify unspeakable atrocities ever since man invented God and wrote the Bible thousands of years ago.

Glad you agree that these Christian zealots (and Jewish zealots and Muslim zealots) need to mind their own effen business.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2022, 08:02:31 AM »

As a Christian, I find your statement to be way more problematic than his.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2022, 08:03:32 AM »
He's still a bigot. He clearly has a prejudice against Catholics.

Does he? I haven't read anything prejudicial against Catholics. I've just read criticism of the Catholic Church as an organization.
What am I missing?
Or are you missing the ability to distinguish between the two?
And if I, as a Catholic, criticize the church, am I being a bigot against myself?

Still don't understand why some people who don't believe in God and the Bible (see the poster who compared it to Aesop's fables) feel the need to try to disprove the Bible and the existence of God. Mind your own business.

I don't know why either, though I suspect it has something to do with many religious folks using their political influence to legislate their beliefs on to non-believers.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2022, 08:09:25 AM »
Religious folks should do the same
We agree on that