[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protecting the Constitution  (Read 26286 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Protecting the Constitution
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2022, 11:11:10 AM »
Some states they can, some they can’t. Because it’s not in the constitution. Anything not in there is thrown back to the states. Unless they are raped or have health issues, they can avoid abortion altogether by…..not having sex! People don’t get to justify murdering babies because of poor sexual decisions. Funny how my wife never had a baby until we were ready….it’s like you can magically plan for it somehow…

Condoms break dumbass, birth control fails. It’s such false equivalency.

It’s all good though, I’ll be expecting your check to all of those parents who are unable to support those children you love so much.

Oh wait, you don’t give a crap what happens to them after they’re born.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2022, 11:17:03 AM »
If everyone just relied on themselves to get stuff done, people would be much more successful and happy. Instead, a lot of people want to be controlled and supported. To each their own.

Still waiting to see who you know was forced by the government to get a vaccine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2022, 11:20:28 AM »
Some states they can, some they can’t. Because it’s not in the constitution. Anything not in there is thrown back to the states. Unless they are raped or have health issues, they can avoid abortion altogether by…..not having sex! People don’t get to justify murdering babies because of poor sexual decisions. Funny how my wife never had a baby until we were ready….it’s like you can magically plan for it somehow…

Isn’t it their body their choice though?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2022, 11:21:21 AM »
Condoms break dumbass, birth control fails. It’s such false equivalency.

It’s all good though, I’ll be expecting your check to all of those parents who are unable to support those children you love so much.

Oh wait, you don’t give a crap what happens to them after they’re born.
Not my job, I have my own kids. And I already pay taxes so let me be. Responsibility and accountability, two things that are often missing in today’s world. Someone’s bad choices are someone else’s responsibility. It’s never my fault. Victimhood mentality gone wild.
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2022, 11:24:17 AM »
Not my job, I have my own kids. And I already pay taxes so let me be.

Just as Jesus taught.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2022, 11:24:43 AM »
Not my job, I have my own kids. And I already pay taxes so let me be. Responsibility and accountability, two things that are often missing in today’s world. Someone’s bad choices are someone else’s responsibility. It’s never my fault. Victimhood mentality gone wild.

Just keep paying your taxes, provided you are okay with doubling them. Or do you only care about the well-being of the unborn fetus and not the living child?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »
For folks that lean right, the evolution of the Clarence Thomas-Ginny Thomas plot has to make you feel kinda gross, right?

As someone who would be classified as leaning right, the hijacking of the "right" by fundamentalists and the alt-right is beyond unsettling and gross.  Without wholeheartedly swinging to the left, its political no mans land.  The consummate joy of the two party system

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2022, 11:26:47 AM »

So just let people make the decisions that are best for them. Unless it’s a pregnant woman. Then control that decision and don’t let her make her own choice about her own body.

Pretzel twisting gone wild.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2022, 11:45:21 AM »
So just let people make the decisions that are best for them. Unless it’s a pregnant woman. Then control that decision and don’t let her make her own choice about her own body.

Pretzel twisting gone wild.
I don’t have a right to kill babies. Agree to disagree.
All Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2022, 11:47:24 AM »

Nobody does. Nor has anyone ever.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2022, 11:47:32 AM »

The 9th amendment makes clear that there are inalienable rights not expressly written into the constitution that are protected by the constitution.

No sane person would believe that having a right to make a private decision with their doctor, about what is best for their body, is not a right of all citizens.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2022, 12:42:14 PM »
I mean, yeah, it is difficult to say which fable is more ridiculous, the DC-8 flying, hydrogen-bombing alien, or the deceitful talking snake fooling the rib-woman about the magic apple.

Don't get me started on ol' Joe Smith's disappearing golden plates that proclaimed he was god's chosen.

"Book of Mormon" play goes there in scene 1 if you haven't already seen.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2022, 01:06:14 PM »

Ah, so it doesn't affect you, but you want to control what others do.

Maybe you should just 'let them be'.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »
If the country stays together .. Dobbs will eventually be overturned, 100% certainty.

I mean, based on what?  Barrett is 50, Gorsuch is 54, Kavanaugh is 57.  The four oldest justices are Thomas at 74, Alito at 72, Sotomayor at 68, and Roberts at 67. So long as Roberts is acting, he is unlikely to vote to overturn Dobbs despite his refusal to join the majority.  He still fancies himself a conservative at heart, and his primary goal is to leave a legacy of being the ribbon at the middle of a tug of war rope. I don't think he'd overturn a huge decision from his own court.   

That means the Dems would need to replace two of Thomas, Alito, and Roberts without losing Sotomayor during a R administration.  If the Republicans get even one younger nomination out of the four oldest, that would likely give them four justices at or near 60.  It isn't overreaction to say that using actuarial tables and a 50/50 chance for either party to win the White House in a given election, Dobbs is likely to stand as long as Roe did.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2022, 01:26:01 PM »
Had RBG resigned, as she should have, during BO's presidency, today's event would not have taken place. So ultimately, the selfish, terminally ill justice, who was the guiding light for women's rights...fooked over women, aina?

This is true and I have trouble seeing how even the most liberal of Democrats could disagree with it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2022, 01:29:39 PM »

So you and your wife were 100% abstinent before you were ready to have kids? And after you had the max number of kids you were ready for you were 100% abstinent until either you or your wife was physically unable to have kids? Cause that's the only way to guarantee not having an unplanned pregnancy.

I assume  you also support comprehensive sex education and increasing access to birth control?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2022, 01:57:26 PM »
This is true and I have trouble seeing how even the most liberal of Democrats could disagree with it.

I think that's been widely accepted for the past 6 years now. Though it certainly isn't aided by the rank hypocrisy of holding Merrick Garland off for a year then rushing Barrett through just weeks before an election they expected to lose.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2022, 01:59:28 PM »

I'm not sure many do disagree with it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2022, 03:20:33 PM »
I dunno. Sure seems like Vander Blue Man Group popped a hemorrhoid over it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »
I'm not sure many do disagree with it.

Wades immediately disagreed and blamed the current SCOTUS.

Like many things, both can be correct.  RBG held on too long and damaged the Dem SCOTUS strategy and the current SCOTUS misrepresented things/Garland got hosed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2022, 03:44:41 PM »
Wades immediately disagreed and blamed the current SCOTUS.

Like many things, both can be correct.  RBG held on too long and damaged the Dem SCOTUS strategy and the current SCOTUS misrepresented things/Garland got hosed.

Yes. 4never blamed RBG for Roe v. Wade being overturned. I said that the SC justices’ jobs are to uphold the law, not to play politics. So on that subject it wasn’t RBG’s fault.

Should she have given up her seat? Yes. That’s a different conversation.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2022, 05:31:34 PM »
You are lying or mistaken about NJ schools. School employees are required to use preferred pronouns,  not students and certainly not their grandfathers. So again,  who is forcing you?

Also, this comparison is ridiculous.  The trans community is asking to be called one name instead of another. Pro life is asking women to risk life and limb and to make a massive financial commitment. The impacts are not nearly comparable

OK, but she is forced to use the same bathroom/lockeroom with a boy who thinks he is a girl regardless of my grand daughters beliefs who still believes he is a boy. I would not want my grand daughter raped like the two girls in Virginia while the powers that be tried to cover it up. Just because some student says they identify as the opposite sex/gender does not make it so.

People force their beliefs on others all the time.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2022, 06:00:13 PM »
OK, but she is forced to use the same bathroom/lockeroom with a boy who thinks he is a girl regardless of my grand daughters beliefs who still believes he is a boy. I would not want my grand daughter raped like the two girls in Virginia while the powers that be tried to cover it up. Just because some student says they identify as the opposite sex/gender does not make it so.

People force their beliefs on others all the time.

Im sad your granddaughter feels that way (assuming you arent just putting your beliefs on her). Your granddaughter is free to wait until the trans student is done changing and can feel however she wants about it. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything.

And that VA case has nothing to with which bathroom trans students use.  They had previously had consensual sex multiple times and he the trans student had previously assaulted another student in a classroom. They were a predator who happened to be trans and that assault happened to take place in a bathroom. Statistically a united States sentator is more likely to assault someone in a bathroom than a trans person.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2022, 06:05:59 PM »
Im sad your granddaughter feels that way (assuming you arent just putting your beliefs on her). Your granddaughter is free to wait until the trans student is done changing and can feel however she wants about it. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything.

And that VA case has nothing to with which bathroom trans students use.  They had previously had consensual sex multiple times and he the trans student had previously assaulted another student in a classroom. They were a predator who happened to be trans and that assault happened to take place in a bathroom. Statistically a united States sentator is more likely to assault someone in a bathroom than a trans person.

QFT

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2022, 06:43:52 PM »
The easiest thing is to just throw this back at you. Why did you go to Marquette, roQQet?

To learn how to spread conspiracy theories and lies? To worship the least-Christian man in America -- a serial adulterer who bears false witness as a habit, who had peaceful protesters forcibly moved from a park so he could hold an upside-down bible for a perverse photo op, and who doesn't practice any religion but nonetheless weaponizes religion in order to glorify himself? To have no compassion for the most vulnerable in our society, such as gay and transgender youth? What do you think Jesus would have say about all of that?

To answer your question, though, I went to Marquette to step out of my comfort zone and to have the opportunity to interact with people of all religions, races, nationalities, sexual orientations, etc. I also went to Marquette because it had a fine Journalism program, and because it's in a major metro area, and yes, because MU was just months removed from winning the national title when I made my decision.

I didn't go to Marquette to get "indoctrinated" (the word you like to use) by any religious group's teachings. I met many Catholics (and non-Catholics) who felt strongly about their beliefs in many areas, including abortion, but who did not insist upon forcing their beliefs on others. Many of those people became my best friends for life.

Thanks for asking! Now I feel even better about my decision to attend our alma mater.

well at least he didn't shower with his daughter and turn her into a promiscuous sex/drug addict...gotta wonder if he showered with hunter too?  look what happened to him.

i'm talking about MU promoting an environment of respecting life which i would expect a catholic/jesuit institution should do

don't...don't don't don't don't