[Today at 12:45:22 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protecting the Constitution  (Read 26252 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Protecting the Constitution
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2022, 12:18:37 AM »
was this supposed to be funny?  i can't believe some of you even attended marquette...or if ya did...why?  trying to feel sorry for some of you too and how lonely you have got to be without some kind of spiritual foundation to appreciate the sanctity of life rather than a "clump of cells"  the "clump of cells" analogy is intellectually lazy, overly simplistic and honestly quite sad.  but carry on, sleep well, but some of this was really hard to read

I can’t believe YOU attended Marquette.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2022, 12:19:24 AM »
For folks that lean right, the evolution of the Clarence Thomas-Ginny Thomas plot has to make you feel kinda gross, right?

You really think they have an f’n shame at this point?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2022, 12:22:57 AM »
Had RBG resigned, as she should have, during BO's presidency, today's event would not have taken place. So ultimately, the selfish, terminally ill justice, who was the guiding light for women's rights...fooked over women, aina?

You’re truly an appalling human being, and I use “human being” loosely here.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2022, 12:49:28 AM »
Had RBG resigned, as she should have, during BO's presidency, today's event would not have taken place. So ultimately, the selfish, terminally ill justice, who was the guiding light for women's rights...fooked over women, aina?

Or if Merrick Garland was confirmed and allowed a hearing and the Senate didn't force leaving open for almost a year.  (A record vacancy.)
Or forcing through a justice 29 days before an election (a record SC confirmation).
All nominated from TFG who still has too many unanswered questions about his own election and then some (to put it nicely)makes this really stink of high holy hell even worse.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2022, 01:34:16 AM »
Today reminds me that  as an enthusiastic Clinton supporter back in 2016, the political bog at MUScoop was an incredibly lonely place to post. But her goddamned emails.
Be that as it may, I'm not going to come on here today and say -I told you so.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2022, 01:48:56 AM »
This poll was in the news earlier this month.

AP-NORC poll details rift between lay Catholics and bishops
By DAVID CRARY
June 3, 2022
https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-religion-government-and-politics-a43a25ff7ffe1e340c26f985de7df95a

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2022, 01:54:27 AM »
And since these poor excuses for judges are all about the "founders intent" maybe these should reach back to the Independent era period.  From a reliable source National Geographic.

How U.S. abortion laws went from nonexistent to acrimonious

Most scholars say that at the nation's founding ending a pregnancy wasn’t illegal—or even controversial. Here’s a look at the complex early history of abortion in the United States.

BYERIN BLAKEMORE
PUBLISHED MAY 17, 2022
13 MIN READ
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/the-complex-early-history-of-abortion-in-the-united-states

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2022, 06:39:44 AM »
and Kavanaugh said this ruling does NOT affect those decisions. Thomas went off on his own, nobody joined him. He's a nut in his own world.

Are we supposed to believe what Brett Kavanaugh says this time?  Why?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2022, 07:15:10 AM »
And since these poor excuses for judges are all about the "founders intent" maybe these should reach back to the Independent era period.  From a reliable source National Geographic.

How U.S. abortion laws went from nonexistent to acrimonious

Most scholars say that at the nation's founding ending a pregnancy wasn’t illegal—or even controversial. Here’s a look at the complex early history of abortion in the United States.

BYERIN BLAKEMORE
PUBLISHED MAY 17, 2022
13 MIN READ
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/the-complex-early-history-of-abortion-in-the-united-states

And the Founders clearly were not only OK with slavery, but in some notable cases owned slaves themselves. Sorry, Clarence...but you should be fine with this given you are an Originalist*

*in much the same vein as Scalia, when it suited his Federalist Society arguments, and to be ignored when it did not.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 07:26:23 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2022, 07:49:02 AM »
Well abortion does. 

I fail to see how babies being born is more tyrannical than babies being destroyed.

This is stupid. Abortion saved my wife's life. Her second miscarriage required a DNC, which is considered an abortion process to remove tissue from a miscarried fetus. Not a baby, which does not exist until birth and absolutely cannot survive outside the womb until 20 weeks, a fetus.

Without that abortive process, my wife would be dead and neither my daughter nor son would be alive. Our abortion didn't kill a miscarried fetus, it saved a life and allowed the creation of two more.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2022, 08:44:16 AM »
Sanger was the racist eugenist that founded planned parenthood and wanted to eliminate black and other minority races.

Henry Ford was a virulent anti-Semite and racist who won praise from the likes of a certain German dictator.
Therefore, the Mustang and Explorer are bad.
#ziggylogic

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2022, 08:52:39 AM »
Whiny mediocre white person claims victimhood.

Why with the ad hominems? All TAMU said is that he can't force his belief on others. All I am saying is that the trans community wants me to believe that men can be women, women can be men and some can be in between. I honestly believe they believe that but don't force that belief on me or my grand daughter when she is in school (It will be required in NJ schools in the fall).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2022, 09:20:50 AM »
Why with the ad hominems? All TAMU said is that he can't force his belief on others. All I am saying is that the trans community wants me to believe that men can be women, women can be men and some can be in between. I honestly believe they believe that but don't force that belief on me or my grand daughter when she is in school (It will be required in NJ schools in the fall).

Still waiting for the person that is FORCING you to use their preferred pronouns.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2022, 09:43:00 AM »

I guess my question, Miss warrior69, is why do you have such a problem with this?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2022, 09:47:42 AM »

You are lying or mistaken about NJ schools. School employees are required to use preferred pronouns,  not students and certainly not their grandfathers. So again,  who is forcing you?

Also, this comparison is ridiculous.  The trans community is asking to be called one name instead of another. Pro life is asking women to risk life and limb and to make a massive financial commitment. The impacts are not nearly comparable
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 10:30:13 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2022, 09:57:14 AM »
If the country stays together .. Dobbs will eventually be overturned, 100% certainty.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2022, 10:21:42 AM »

Don’t teach your granddaughter to be a respectful human being? Okay, you got it miss.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2022, 10:41:42 AM »
For those who are “pro life,” why is there not universal healthcare, universal childcare, and paid family and medical leave?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2022, 10:50:23 AM »
was this supposed to be funny?  i can't believe some of you even attended marquette...or if ya did...why?  trying to feel sorry for some of you too and how lonely you have got to be without some kind of spiritual foundation to appreciate the sanctity of life rather than a "clump of cells"  the "clump of cells" analogy is intellectually lazy, overly simplistic and honestly quite sad.  but carry on, sleep well, but some of this was really hard to read
I mean, yeah, it is difficult to say which fable is more ridiculous, the DC-8 flying, hydrogen-bombing alien, or the deceitful talking snake fooling the rib-woman about the magic apple.

Don't get me started on ol' Joe Smith's disappearing golden plates that proclaimed he was god's chosen.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
For those who are “pro life,” why is there not universal healthcare, universal childcare, and paid family and medical leave?

Fund this stuff instead of tax cuts? Are you mad?

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2022, 10:56:44 AM »
Fund this stuff instead of tax cuts? Are you mad?
If everyone just relied on themselves to get stuff done, people would be much more successful and happy. Instead, a lot of people want to be controlled and supported. To each their own.
All Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2022, 10:58:44 AM »
i can't believe some of you even attended marquette...or if ya did...why?

The easiest thing is to just throw this back at you. Why did you go to Marquette, roQQet?

To learn how to spread conspiracy theories and lies? To worship the least-Christian man in America -- a serial adulterer who bears false witness as a habit, who had peaceful protesters forcibly moved from a park so he could hold an upside-down bible for a perverse photo op, and who doesn't practice any religion but nonetheless weaponizes religion in order to glorify himself? To have no compassion for the most vulnerable in our society, such as gay and transgender youth? What do you think Jesus would have say about all of that?

To answer your question, though, I went to Marquette to step out of my comfort zone and to have the opportunity to interact with people of all religions, races, nationalities, sexual orientations, etc. I also went to Marquette because it had a fine Journalism program, and because it's in a major metro area, and yes, because MU was just months removed from winning the national title when I made my decision.

I didn't go to Marquette to get "indoctrinated" (the word you like to use) by any religious group's teachings. I met many Catholics (and non-Catholics) who felt strongly about their beliefs in many areas, including abortion, but who did not insist upon forcing their beliefs on others. Many of those people became my best friends for life.

Thanks for asking! Now I feel even better about my decision to attend our alma mater.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2022, 11:02:15 AM »
If everyone just relied on themselves to get stuff done, people would be much more successful and happy. Instead, a lot of people want to be controlled and supported. To each their own.

But women can’t choose to have their abortion.

The pretzels you’ll twist yourself into…

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2022, 11:07:42 AM »
But women can’t choose to have their abortion.

The pretzels you’ll twist yourself into…
Some states they can, some they can’t. Because it’s not in the constitution. Anything not in there is thrown back to the states. Unless they are raped or have health issues, they can avoid abortion altogether by…..not having sex! People don’t get to justify murdering babies because of poor sexual decisions. Funny how my wife never had a baby until we were ready….it’s like you can magically plan for it somehow…
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2022, 11:10:34 AM »

You're literally posting this on the government-created internet, using technology created with government funding. Nearly every item you use today can be traced back to the government.
Driving to the grocery store today? Government roads will get you there.
How'd the food get there? Government transportation network.
Taking a relaxing walk? Enjoy your government sidewalks and park.
Have an emergency? You'll call the government for help.

If everyone relied on themselves we'd still be living in caves, doofus.