'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

When Will Justin Be Drafted

First Round
8 (3.9%)
Second Round 31-39
60 (29.3%)
Second Round 40-49
63 (30.7%)
Second Round 50-58
19 (9.3%)
Undrafted Free Agent
55 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Author Topic: Poll: Justin Lewis Draft Choice  (Read 11039 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Re: Poll: Justin Lewis Draft Choice
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2022, 11:40:34 PM »
Ends up on the Bulls, so there’s a silver lining

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2022, 11:43:16 PM »
I don’t say this to be mean or a jerk, but it’s highly likely the only Bulls jersey Lewis ever wears will say “Windy City” on the front.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2022, 11:44:47 PM »
Straight to a two way contract instead of a summer league invite is somewhat positive.

Bulls may have taken a flyer if they had a second rounder

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2022, 11:45:33 PM »
I don’t say this to be mean or a jerk, but it’s highly likely the only Bulls jersey Lewis ever wears will say “Windy City” on the front.

Agree to disagree.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2022, 11:45:54 PM »

Think so? It seems like guys who sign two-way deals have been getting end of the bench minutes in the NBA. Maybe my perception is off because of Howard and Hauser.

Edit: it’s only one team so small sample size alert. The Warriors have signed 13 players to two way contracts in the past 5 years. 12 of them have played NBA minutes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:48:27 PM by BM1090 »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2022, 11:48:02 PM »
Think so? It seems like guys who sign two-way deals have been getting end of the bench minutes in the NBA. Maybe my perception is off because of Howard and Hauser.

The Bulls don’t sign him immediately to a 2-way deal if they don’t like him. Doesn’t mean he makes the team obviously but there’s a lot of opportunity there.

And aren’t Billy and Shaka close? 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2022, 11:49:37 PM »
The Bulls don’t sign him immediately to a 2-way deal if they don’t like him. Doesn’t mean he makes the team obviously but there’s a lot of opportunity there.

And aren’t Billy and Shaka close?

They are. I’m with you. I’d bet he gets a few NBA minutes this year. And he can practice with the NBA team which should be beneficial.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2022, 11:54:04 PM »
They are. I’m with you. I’d bet he gets a few NBA minutes this year. And he can practice with the NBA team which should be beneficial.

Lots of open roster spots. AKME values length. Like getting a 2nd round pick without having one.

Selfishly thrilled about this. Hope he makes the most of it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2022, 12:21:42 AM »

I’m not sure if that’s much different whether he plays another year at MU or not.

Once I saw his measurables, I thought he was golden. It seemed like his deficiencies were coachable. The draft is almost 1.5 rounds now with all the stash picks. I don’t think this was a very strong draft, so not sure he would have been a first rounder next year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2022, 06:30:41 AM »
Trying to figure out what advise he got before the draft.  Always thought he should go back to school. Not quick enough to guard a wing and to small to being a power forward. Somebody gave him bad advise.

Maybe the advice was “you can’t really be coached up on quickness or height, so if those are the things you’re being told are holding you back another year in college won’t help. So if you want to go now, then go now.”

Probably woulda made 500k-1m in NIL

From who? He would’ve had to transfer to a blue blood to get that money.

Anyways, if he was signed to a 2 way deal within hours of the draft ending he’ll be on the NBA roster for plenty of games and make some nice coin.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2022, 06:55:08 AM »
Markus Howard is about to get cut for Collin Gillespie now
Markus has a 1.8 million qualifying offer from the Nuggets, so if he signs that, I believe he gets paid.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2022, 07:04:52 AM »

https://www.bethedifferencenil.org
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2022, 07:25:03 AM »
Justin screwed up.  Should have stayed another year. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2022, 07:30:57 AM »
Nope
Goal is National Championship

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2022, 07:31:51 AM »
Maybe the advice was “you can’t really be coached up on quickness or height, so if those are the things you’re being told are holding you back another year in college won’t help. So if you want to go now, then go now.”

Anyways, if he was signed to a 2 way deal within hours of the draft ending he’ll be on the NBA roster for plenty of games and make some nice coin.

I think 2-ways are still pretty fluid until further into the season, so I don’t think much of the money is guaranteed yet.

Either way, I think time will tell on how good of a decision this was. There’s no certainty that he goes back to school and improves his draft position. Maybe he was at peace with a worst case scenario 2-way contract with the Bulls.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2022, 07:35:21 AM »

If improvement is going to trend upward linearly and there is no chance of injury, sure.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2022, 07:56:36 AM »
https://www.bethedifferencenil.org

If that is getting our players $500K-1M, then we're doing this wrong.  For that price, Shaka should be landing much, much higher talent than what is on the roster.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »
If that is getting our players $500K-1M, then we're doing this wrong.  For that price, Shaka should be landing much, much higher talent than what is on the roster.

It was only announced like a month ago, calm down sweaty.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:24 AM »
I think 2-ways are still pretty fluid until further into the season, so I don’t think much of the money is guaranteed yet.

Either way, I think time will tell on how good of a decision this was. There’s no certainty that he goes back to school and improves his draft position. Maybe he was at peace with a worst case scenario 2-way contract with the Bulls.

This says it’s $500K and Anonymous Eagle has the same info. If true, good for Justin.

https://www.blazersedge.com/platform/amp/2022/6/18/23173926/nba-two-way-contracts-rules-salary-2022-23-nba-season

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2022, 08:11:11 AM »
It’s no secret I’m good friends with Malik Newman (still to this day). Every player/case is different, that’s for certain. He was supposed to be drafted in the second round, went undrafted, immediately signed a two way with the Lakers, and got released after summer league that same draft year. The theory of “you get to pick where you go when you’re undrafted” is both true & false. Teams call agents as the draft is winding down and give take it or leave it two way offers. A guy will typically get multiple offers for two ways, but this isn’t true free agency.

Malik has bounced around, and ended up getting two ten day contracts with the Cavs (not as a two way). This is while in between playing in Europe/Israel, where he made way more cash. He’s right now without a G League team or summer invite after needing wrist surgery in April.

I hope Lewis’ fate is different, but this is a hard road with tough decisions he’s going down. The Bulls are going to use him as a spare tire, with zero guarantees.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2022, 08:12:26 AM »
Straight to a two way contract instead of a summer league invite is somewhat positive.

Bulls may have taken a flyer if they had a second rounder

Good point.

Going undrafted and getting a 2-way contract isn't much different than getting drafted in the 50s.  Those players are either draft-and-stash or 2-way contracts anyway.

Golden State tried to trade or sell 55, and when they couldn't they took a draft-and-stash guy.

The Bulls didn't have a 2nd and got Justin without having to buy a pick.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2022, 08:14:48 AM »

I don't think Shaka will ever land a player by promising him boatloads of NIL money. I do think he will keep his players from transferring by offering them boatloads of NIL money.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:15 AM »
This says it’s $500K and Anonymous Eagle has the same info. If true, good for Justin.

https://www.blazersedge.com/platform/amp/2022/6/18/23173926/nba-two-way-contracts-rules-salary-2022-23-nba-season

Right, it’s just that the $500K isn’t guaranteed, so we won’t really know what kind of coin he’s making until much later.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:48 AM »
It’s no secret I’m good friends with Malik Newman (still to this day). Every player/case is different, that’s for certain. He was supposed to be drafted in the second round, went undrafted, immediately signed a two way with the Lakers, and got released after summer league that same draft year. The theory of “you get to pick where you go when you’re undrafted” is both true & false. Teams call agents as the draft is winding down and give take it or leave it two way offers. A guy will typically get multiple offers for two ways, but this isn’t true free agency.

Malik has bounced around, and ended up getting two ten day contracts with the Cavs (not as a two way). This is while in between playing in Europe/Israel, where he made way more cash. He’s right now without a G League team or summer invite after needing wrist surgery in April.

I hope Lewis’ fate is different, but this is a hard road with tough decisions he’s going down. The Bulls are going to use him as a spare tire, with zero guarantees.

Perhaps but you don’t know what the Bulls actually think of him and how they project him. They don’t sign him minutes after the draft ends if there’s not legitimate interest there.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2022, 08:17:38 AM »
It was only announced like a month ago, calm down sweaty.

So then Justin would not have gotten $500K-$1M next year by staying at MU.

feedback