[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU vs. UW vs UWM Charity Event at Summerfest  (Read 12476 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: MU vs. UW vs UWM Charity Event at Summerfest
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2022, 09:04:45 AM »
Yes, but won't the prize money go directly to the boys and girls club, instead of what I would have liked?: to the NIL, which $$ would go to the SA, who could raise money for the Boys and Girls Club. Looks like they are eliminating a step.

No money from this event will go into the NIL collective. But I don't think it is a coincidence that a team featuring 2/4 of the public leaders of the NIL collective are playing for a charity that is a key contributor to the NIL collective.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2022, 09:19:25 AM »
If they can't get Markus or Rowsey maybe someone from the women's team.  They've had some good shooters over the years.  Karissa McLaughlin?
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2022, 07:23:47 PM »
I just saw a piece on "Linsanity," and after Jeremy Lin hit one game-winning shot, the first teammate to hug him was Novak.

Novak owes at least half of his NBA earnings to Jeremy Lin, who was directly responsible for Novak getting his one and only big contract. Yes, Steve still had to make the shots, but it was Lin's presence on the court that got Novak into the lineup and got him so many wide-open looks. It was fun to watch some of those games.
I had given up actively following the NBA many Years ago. However, for one brief moment in time I spent some energy on Linsanity. Lin and Novak both cashed in on it which was awesome for them.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2022, 09:52:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/Summerfest/status/1541511709306851332

UWGB has been added to the mix and our third player has been revealed. It's Jake "Remember I made that one 4-point play against Syracuse" Thomas
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2022, 10:22:51 AM »

UWGB has been added to the mix and our third player has been revealed. It's Jake "Remember I made that one 4-point play against Syracuse" Thomas

Cmon…

He also served as a nice decoy when Vander drove the lane to seal the Davidson win.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2022, 10:49:17 AM »

Wasn't at the Novak ND game, but that moment was the loudest I ever heard the BC.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2022, 12:58:30 PM »
Wasn't at the Novak ND game, but that moment was the loudest I ever heard the BC.

One of my favorite games, great weeknight crowd. Felt like they had used all of their bullets that night, and would have rather played I4 in the Elite 8.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2022, 02:17:03 PM »

I think the loudest for me was senior night 2009 against Georgetown when Dwight Burke had the put back slam with about 30 seconds left to go up 3

And then of course followed by the most silent I’ve ever heard it when someone (Lazar maybe) fouled, I think, Jeff Green then he hit all 3 free throws and we lost in OT
Bring back FFP!!!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2022, 02:28:00 PM »
That Georgetown game in '08 was something else. Wild crowd, terrific game. I still cant believe Wallace hit all three of those shooting into the students. The next year the building was out for blood and it was just bonkers in there.

We've had a few decent Fiserv crowds but the BC used to be almost feral at times, especially in the old BE days. I miss that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2022, 02:29:58 PM »

I won't doubt the volume -- I wasn't at that game and didn't go to enough games at the BC to differentiate such things. But it wasn't particularly close to being the most important shot of that game, as Syracuse went on to rebuild its lead. Thankfully, our season-long contributors played really well down the stretch when Jake was back on the bench.

As for this little exhibition, we'll see how well the Whitebread Warriors represent.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2022, 02:54:02 PM »

I was fortunate to be at both and they are definitely 2 of my top memories at the BC. The atmosphere was very comparable during both moments despite the game situations being vastly different. The Syracuse game was bizarre because the crowd was incredible despite there only being 13-14 thousand there. At least that’s what i recall.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2022, 02:56:32 PM »
I think the loudest for me was senior night 2009 against Georgetown when Dwight Burke had the put back slam with about 30 seconds left to go up 3

And then of course followed by the most silent I’ve ever heard it when someone (Lazar maybe) fouled, I think, Jeff Green then he hit all 3 free throws and we lost in OT

It was Dominic James, very out of character.  And I wish it was a stud like Jeff Green, it was that twerp Jonathan Wallace.  The minute he spilled into the sideline, I knew he was hitting all 3, no doubt.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2022, 03:10:49 PM »
The Syracuse game was bizarre because the crowd was incredible despite there only being 13-14 thousand there. At least that’s what i recall.

Big Monday game... listed attendance was 16K, but it was all the right people there that night.

The UW game that year was fun too. 5 PM tip on ESPN and the crowd was well-oiled. Cadougan had some monster plays in the second half to ice it.

National MU Day against Xavier in 2017 was the highest BAC for a Marquette crowd that I can remember. Saturday night tip, and we had a 65 degree day to pregame. If someone lit a match during that 19-2 run to start the game, the place might have gone up in flames from the fumes.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2022, 03:21:41 PM »

We've had a few decent Fiserv crowds but the BC used to be almost feral at times, especially in the old BE days. I miss that.

This is almost exactly what people said about the mecca when we were in the Bradley center.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2022, 03:34:17 PM »
This is almost exactly what people said about the mecca when we were in the Bradley center.

The MECCA brought us an incredible homecourt advantage. Great sightlines, very intimate, extremely loud. Opponents feared going there. Of course, the caliber of the teams during the best years had a little something to do with that, too!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2022, 06:48:07 PM »

True... But there was also a 7k jump in capacity when they went to the BC. MU has drawn more or less the same amount of people from the BC to Fiserv. Just a different vibe is all.

panda

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2022, 08:31:49 PM »
True... But there was also a 7k jump in capacity when they went to the BC. MU has drawn more or less the same amount of people from the BC to Fiserv. Just a different vibe is all.

Certainly not a knock on the current iteration of the big east but there were more marquee games in the old conference plus we were better.

Once we get back to those levels, atmosphere will improve. I also think with the infusion of high level coaching, the conference will elevate themselves past their current level.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2022, 08:42:51 PM »
I won't doubt the volume -- I wasn't at that game and didn't go to enough games at the BC to differentiate such things. But it wasn't particularly close to being the most important shot of that game, as Syracuse went on to rebuild its lead. Thankfully, our season-long contributors played really well down the stretch when Jake was back on the bench.

As for this little exhibition, we'll see how well the Whitebread Warriors represent.

Late first half shot, but consider the situation. Jake was still a walk on, and hadn't scored since non-con play. #12 Syracuse, Big Monday, and the walk on comes in for his first meaningful minutes since December and does THAT to THEM. Oh, and Syracuse was the embodiment of the impending breakup of the Big East, so their villain status was on par with Bucky.

It felt like a real Rudy moment.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2022, 08:46:30 PM »

Late first half shot, but consider the situation. Jake was still a walk on, and hadn't scored since non-con play. #12 Syracuse, Big Monday, and the walk on comes in for his first meaningful minutes since December and does THAT to THEM. Oh, and Syracuse was the embodiment of the impending breakup of the Big East, so their villain status was on par with Bucky.

It felt like a real Rudy moment.
Yep, the BC was simply electric as he made that shot and we fans in the stands realized he was being fouled at the same time.  It was a magical moment for sure.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2022, 09:59:26 PM »
A Rudy moment. A magical moment. And yet ...

Thomas' 4-point play cut Syracuse's lead to 4 with 1:24 left in the first half. But Syracuse quickly built its lead back up and was still ahead by 6 with 7 1/2 to go in the game.

That's when Marquette's actual difference-makers in the game went to work. Mayo hit two 3s, Davante made three baskets and Junior had a few nice defensive plays to fuel a 20-7 run that gave MU a 7-point lead with a minute to go, and that's all she wrote.

Again, I believe everyone who says the BC was loud as hell when Thomas hit that 3. But it obviously didn't faze Cuse, because they quickly built the lead back up. Gardner, Mayo, Cadougan & Co. won that game for Marquette while Jake was comfortably back in his warmups.

It was a cool moment, but that's all it was -- a moment. Let's not make it out to be the game-winning -- or even game-turning -- play.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »
A Rudy moment. A magical moment. And yet ...

Thomas' 4-point play cut Syracuse's lead to 4 with 1:24 left in the first half. But Syracuse quickly built its lead back up and was still ahead by 6 with 7 1/2 to go in the game.

That's when Marquette's actual difference-makers in the game went to work. Mayo hit two 3s, Davante made three baskets and Junior had a few nice defensive plays to fuel a 20-7 run that gave MU a 7-point lead with a minute to go, and that's all she wrote.

Again, I believe everyone who says the BC was loud as hell when Thomas hit that 3. But it obviously didn't faze Cuse, because they quickly built the lead back up. Gardner, Mayo, Cadougan & Co. won that game for Marquette while Jake was comfortably back in his warmups.

It was a cool moment, but that's all it was -- a moment. Let's not make it out to be the game-winning -- or even game-turning -- play.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2022, 10:51:47 PM »
Loudest BC moments I remember were the Thomas 4 point play, Davante's coast to coast, and Cadougans(?) 3 pointer to send the game to OT vs Uconn.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2022, 11:29:43 PM »
Yep, the BC was simply electric as he made that shot and we fans in the stands realized he was being fouled at the same time.  It was a magical moment for sure.

Right in front of the student section. It was loud as hell.

I remember seeing Jake’s arm go sideways, so I saw the foul before the basket. Couldn’t even tell you if I saw the ball go in the net.

And then Davante couldn’t miss a shot all game. It was awesome.

The funny thing is, I didn’t really hate that Syracuse team. Their fans, sure, but Loved watching CJ Fair play.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 02:31:18 AM »
The funny thing is, I didn’t really hate that Syracuse team. Their fans, sure, but Loved watching CJ Fair play.

I loved watching him lose more

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2022, 06:18:12 AM »
Loud was when Rivers hit the almost half court shot.

ND sucks.

feedback