collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bipartisan gun responsibility measure reached  (Read 6275 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Bipartisan gun responsibility measure reached
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2022, 08:56:59 PM »
  wtf is this?  show me where i've ever said "everyone should be armed..."??

Well don't you think that? I've heard you insist that good guys with guns are the best way at stopping bad guys with guns. So if you're not for arming all the good guys, doesn't that mean you don't care if certain people get killed by bad guys with guns?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2022, 11:49:02 PM »
  wtf is this?  show me where i've ever said "everyone should be armed..."??  ya know z man, as much as you guys always think you're the smartest in the room, there are many others thinking your club is bat sh*t crazy and naive.  look at what you guys have given us...you guys have essentially ruined our economy(with your pols) in less than 18 mos and we're supposed to listen to you for advice on anything?  go have another ice cream dude.  btw, a comedian you are not
Just let them be.
All Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2022, 06:38:23 AM »
Indeed.

But bitching about something you can control is for tough guys.

Got it  ::)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2022, 07:31:00 AM »
It's not just the inner cities.

WSJ: Rural America Reels From Violent Crime. ‘People Lost Their Ever-Lovin’ Minds.’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/violent-crime-rural-america-homicides-pandemic-increase-11654864251?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20220616&instance_id=64187&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=95271&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Murder rates didn’t soar only in cities during the pandemic; small-town sheriffs and prosecutors are overwhelmed with homicide cases.

We clearly need more guns.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2022, 07:32:39 AM »

WSJ: Rural America Reels From Violent Crime. ‘People Lost Their Ever-Lovin’ Minds.’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/violent-crime-rural-america-homicides-pandemic-increase-11654864251?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20220616&instance_id=64187&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=95271&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Murder rates didn’t soar only in cities during the pandemic; small-town sheriffs and prosecutors are overwhelmed with homicide cases.

Guess we can’t move Marquette out to the country.  Sad!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2022, 08:58:19 AM »

And good guys to carry them. These gun-otters are really slipping up.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2022, 09:26:54 AM »

But what about Chicago?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2022, 03:37:20 PM »
A select few, nothing will stop them. But we can put up economic, legal, and cultural barriers that make it increasingly difficult for them to gain access to weapons and may be enough to either deter them altogether, delay them long enough that friends/family/coworkers/law enforcement are able to see the signs and intervene, or at least funnel them away from AR-15s and their like and towards less efficient weapons so that the body counts are lower.

How about enforcing the laws that exist now?  don't forget these schools are "gun free zones"
Criminals don't respect laws and what is never discussed is the data from the FBI which states that firearms
deter crime hundreds of thousands of crimes per year. I'm uncomfortable with "red flag laws" that allow people to act without due process. It is a slippery slope as those who would deny gun ownership would surely use this ruse.  Witness the politicalization of the DOJ,FBI and IRS already.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2022, 03:41:30 PM »
We should really ban bicycles. Just like guns load themselves and pull the trigger, bikes come to a stop and tip over with relative ease. Common sense bike control NOW!
All Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2022, 03:45:48 PM »
We should really ban bicycles. Just like guns load themselves and pull the trigger, bikes come to a stop and tip over with relative ease. Common sense bike control NOW!

Thoughts on laws against certain drugs? Ever seen heroin shoot up people on its own?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
Thoughts on laws against certain drugs? Ever seen heroin shoot up people on its own?

I respect you for trying to reason with the unreasonable.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2022, 03:54:06 PM »
  How about enforcing the laws that exist now?  don't forget these schools are "gun free zones"
Criminals don't respect laws and what is never discussed is the data from the FBI which states that firearms
deter crime hundreds of thousands of crimes per year. I'm uncomfortable with "red flag laws" that allow people to act without due process. It is a slippery slope as those who would deny gun ownership would surely use this ruse.  Witness the politicalization of the DOJ,FBI and IRS already.

Let’s have no laws because criminals don’t follow them. Nice logic. 🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2022, 03:58:36 PM »
I respect you for trying to reason with the unreasonable.
I’m just saying we need common sense bicycle laws. That’s something we can all get behind.
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2022, 06:27:07 PM »
I’m just saying we need common sense bicycle laws. That’s something we can all get behind.

Imagine thinking this was even a little bit clever.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2022, 07:23:53 PM »

What laws do you think aren't being enforced?

Can you share the data from the FBI? I'm unfamiliar with it.

Why do you assume there would be no due process?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2022, 12:21:57 AM »
Don't worry, all you gun-lovers who don't want to see any of the gun-responsibility legislation that 80% or more of your fellow Americans favor.

Senate negotiations ended without a firm agreement, meaning it might be too late to set up votes for next week and pass legislation before a recess.

Happiness is a warm gun. Every man, woman and child needs to own a dozen or so guns apiece if Gunmerica is really to be a happy, safe country.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2022, 08:29:34 AM »

Same old same old. Dumb arguments never die.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2022, 09:13:03 AM »
If the was a ‘dumb-off’ between well street wanderer, Merit matters, and roqqet, would anyone really win?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »
Putting the troll into gun control discussions.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2022, 10:02:23 AM »
Don't worry, all you gun-lovers who don't want to see any of the gun-responsibility legislation that 80% or more of your fellow Americans favor.

Senate negotiations ended without a firm agreement, meaning it might be too late to set up votes for next week and pass legislation before a recess.

Happiness is a warm gun. Every man, woman and child needs to own a dozen or so guns apiece if Gunmerica is really to be a happy, safe country.
Nice!
All Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2022, 12:27:26 PM »
If the was a ‘dumb-off’ between well street wanderer, Merit matters, and roqqet, would anyone really win?

oh gee mr tighty whitey thong strap salesman, please enlighten us you shining light of truth and wisdom.  once again, the guys who put us into the position we're currently in with mr. brain freeze wants to tell us what's "dumb"?  go ride your bike man
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »
  oh gee mr tighty whitey thong strap salesman, please enlighten us you shining light of truth and wisdom.  once again, the guys who put us into the position we're currently in with mr. brain freeze wants to tell us what's "dumb"?  go ride your bike man

9 of 10

Another proud post for the Marquette Dental School
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2022, 01:24:12 PM »
9 of 10

Well, he did prove me wrong, Unc.

There would be a clear winner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2022, 07:41:06 PM »
9 of 10

i wasn't posting for the dental school reeko, so please leave them out of this
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2022, 07:45:39 PM »
  i wasn't posting for the dental school reeko, so please leave them out of this

You represent them every time you post

feedback