collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is Real Chili leaving?  (Read 1095 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Is Real Chili leaving?
« on: June 06, 2022, 12:05:54 PM »
Heard from several sources that MU is planning on tearing down the south side of Wells street from 16th to 17th street, and replacing it with higher end student housing.

That will mean that Real Chili will be getting the boot (along with all the other businesses on that side of the street).

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Is Real Chili leaving?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 12:09:46 PM »
They had an event as part of Reunion weekend (which unfortunately the Reunions seemed very sparsely attended) that detailed some of the large building projects. Also, some of the smaller ones. It was a really exciting presentation and some cool changes on campus in the last few years.

The work done around St Joan of Arc is beautiful and a grotto was added behind.

They did mention working on Wells St, but it didn’t sound like anything was currently in the works. Nothing about Real Chili, but maybe they tried to avoid a riot by not mentioning it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 12:27:36 PM »
Heard from several sources that MU is planning on tearing down the south side of Wells street from 16th to 17th street, and replacing it with higher end student housing.

That will mean that Real Chili will be getting the boot (along with all the other businesses on that side of the street).

And MU just tweeted this a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteU/status/1532422860186210313?s=20&t=632b1iwB4uiRBEbh7CAq4g

They had an event as part of Reunion weekend (which unfortunately the Reunions seemed very sparsely attended)

I think a lot of schools are struggling with reunion programming.  I just don't know if a significant number of alumni want or need that from their alma mater any longer.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 12:28:56 PM »

Marquette Specials aside, that would be a terrible thing for campus without suitable spaces for those businesses. If Sobelmans, Murphy's, Broken Yolk, Papa John's, and Real Chili all were no more there would be next to no options for students outside of dining halls.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 04:49:55 PM »
Marquette Specials aside, that would be a terrible thing for campus without suitable spaces for those businesses. If Sobelmans, Murphy's, Broken Yolk, Papa John's, and Real Chili all were no more there would be next to no options for students outside of dining halls.

C'mon, if there is a market to be served, someone will serve it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 06:06:33 PM »
They had an event as part of Reunion weekend (which unfortunately the Reunions seemed very sparsely attended) that detailed some of the large building projects. Also, some of the smaller ones. It was a really exciting presentation and some cool changes on campus in the last few years.

The work done around St Joan of Arc is beautiful and a grotto was added behind.

They did mention working on Wells St, but it didn’t sound like anything was currently in the works. Nothing about Real Chili, but maybe they tried to avoid a riot by not mentioning it.

Early June weekend is stupid.  I'm guessing they were just trying something different?  My wife loves going to visit Milwaukee and schools in Connecticut still have 2 weeks left so as a teacher going was a non-starter.  Driving out as road trip was out.  There must have been something else going on this past weekend too.   I thought going by myself but airfare was rediculous even before air prices skyrocketed 3-4 weeks ago.  I needed to be home at some point this month.  Typing from Dallas right now and in Germany/Hungary the last 2 weeks of June.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 10:20:35 PM »
The only thing I care about is if real chili 83 is staying on Scoop.

And, sir, I sure hope so!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson