[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Poor LBJ  (Read 8201 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Poor LBJ
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2022, 09:35:17 AM »

Never said Nads. As you well know, I should not even be here. I love this country and all the opportunities it afforded me, hey?

Love everything about it - including your president and all of your athletes - or leave it, nu?

Oh, and we must have missed the thread you started when Steve Kerr and Coach K ripped Gunmerica. 

I guess their “tone” didn’t bother you.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2022, 09:37:53 AM »
either shut up and dribble all or speak out and be true to ones principles

RoQQet, please post a list of everything you’ve bought in the last 3 years, both for yourself and your business, to confirm that you haven’t supported Chinese oppression.

Either that or shut up and drlll.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2022, 09:57:25 AM »
I’ve hated LBJ since he pushed the Civil Rights Act through.  Now I can’t discriminate against baby boomers.  Sad!

Brother Rico:

I always thought I liked Lyndon Johnson because he looked at George Wallace and said, "why are you F**king your President?" Or because he named his dog Little Beagle Johnson ("LBJ") and picked the dog up by his ears. Or because his press secretary, George Reedy, taught at Marquette!

I know he escalated the Vietnam War. Or he made Napalm a household name. But geez, if he made it impossible to discriminate against Baby Boomers, then I hope he's in heaven next door to St. Peter!

Now I know why I really liked him!  ;D

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2022, 10:09:27 AM »
“If you can’t do everything, you shouldn’t do anything.”

Pretend to care unless it hurts our bottom line?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2022, 10:25:26 AM »
Pretend to care unless it hurts our bottom line?

I’m not sure the NBA is pretending to care. I have no idea. But yeah it is certainly harder to take principled stands when it affects your power or your income. Countless examples of that in history.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2022, 10:34:25 AM »
Does anyone know why the NBA so frequently gets singled out for its relationship with China when it's one of just thousands of American companies that do business with China, the overwhelming number of which also take stands on social issues?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2022, 10:35:04 AM »
Does anyone know why the NBA so frequently gets singled out for its relationship with China when it's one of just thousands of American companies that do business with China, the overwhelming number of which also take stands on social issues?

I have a really good idea
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2022, 11:00:31 AM »
But yeah it is certainly harder to take principled stands when it affects your power or your income. Countless examples of that in history.

Yep. Including by everybody commenting in this thread.

Most of us might not get "power and income" from excusing the atrocities around the world, but we sure do love saving money by buying cheap crap manufactured with slave labor in nations that oppress their own people.

I couldn't even hazard a guess. But I'm sure the OP also had many issues with his favorite president marketing an entire line of clothing made with slave labor in a country that oppresses its people.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 11:55:08 AM »

(sorry about image size)

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2022, 11:57:54 AM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2022, 12:22:30 PM »
Trump ties, made in...well, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Ddq-rA040
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2022, 12:51:48 PM »
That's different.   Lebron might actually be a billionaire
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2022, 07:06:19 PM »
RoQQet, please post a list of everything you’ve bought in the last 3 years, both for yourself and your business, to confirm that you haven’t supported Chinese oppression.

Either that or shut up and drlll.

the point is 82, i criticize china vociferously and confidently.  i don't make 10's of millions of $$ from china.  i have no voice like the NBA or la brum or bill gates to make any difference and you know that.  you pose a question to me that you know the answer to but what it tells me is that you are ok with china hating on LGBTQ and the slavery and human rights abuses they hold over the uyghurs and their populace...congratulations biggot
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2022, 07:11:18 PM »
  the point is 82, i criticize china vociferously and confidently.  i don't make 10's of millions of $$ from china.  i have no voice like the NBA or la brum or bill gates to make any difference and you know that.  you pose a question to me that you know the answer to but what it tells me is that you are ok with china hating on LGBTQ and the slavery and human rights abuses they hold over the uyghurs and their populace...congratulations biggot

Ah, yes, "It's OK for me, but not others! At least not others of different political views."

And thanks for the enhanced sig line.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2022, 07:17:20 PM »

Your non-answer tells me you are ok buying product from China and supporting politicians that do business with China.

China is the scapegoat used by many because they don’t like to discuss the injustice in our country that still exists. 

It’s incredibly effective because you can avoid the discussion by deflecting and somehow claiming the moral high ground.  Perhaps your concern with what’s happening in China is better manifested helping end it than yelling about Lebron James on a message board.  My guess is, you don’t really care.  What you care about is, the messenger.  That says more about you than Lebron

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2022, 07:34:05 PM »
Brother Rico:

I always thought I liked Lyndon Johnson because he looked at George Wallace and said, "why are you F**king your President?" Or because he named his dog Little Beagle Johnson ("LBJ") and picked the dog up by his ears. Or because his press secretary, George Reedy, taught at Marquette!

I know he escalated the Vietnam War. Or he made Napalm a household name. But geez, if he made it impossible to discriminate against Baby Boomers, then I hope he's in heaven next door to St. Peter!

Now I know why I really liked him!  ;D

Boomers hate Yadi.  8-)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2022, 07:46:04 PM »

"Biggot" ... that's too precious!

I should go easy on you because you've had a tough day, roQQet, what with 5 of your Proud Boys heroes getting indicted for seditious conspiracy in connection with your god's deadly 1/6/21 coup attempt against America. With deep sympathy, I say, "Stand back and stand by."

You can ease your mind if you stop pretending you give 2 shytes about the Uyghurs or LGBTQ people.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2022, 08:41:41 PM »
I'm in Dallas right now and thinking of LBJ.

I will visit Dealy Plaza tomorrow.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2022, 08:46:56 PM »

So you're upset that LeBron James and the NBA won't take the principled stand against China that you refuse to take yourself?
Huh.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2022, 10:32:04 PM »
The radio silence from Scoopers lack of outcry over 45’s inability to speak out against Russia and Putin is hysterically hypocritical.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2022, 10:46:03 PM »
I'm in Dallas right now and thinking of LBJ.

I will visit Dealy Plaza tomorrow.

If you've never been to Dealey Plaza and the 6th Floor Museum, be prepared to be moved. I'm old enough to remember November 22. The 4 hours in the Museum and Plaza had the hair on the back of my neck standing up the entire time.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2022, 03:26:25 AM »
LeBron's a fart in da wind. Shut up and dribble, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2022, 06:45:53 AM »
LeBron's a fart in da wind. Shut up and dribble, hey?

So much so that you had to start a thread about him? You're such a snowflake.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.