[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2023 Recruit Carlton Carrington  (Read 10153 times)

PointGuardEyes

• Walk-On
2023 Recruit Carlton Carrington
« on: May 26, 2022, 01:22:06 PM »
2023 Carlton Carrington is a 6’4” guard out of St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. He started out the spring running with Team Durant, but recently changed back to Team Melo, who he ran with last year on the Nike EYBL circuit.

Although he is basically a year young for his class, he still happens to be one of the better pull-up jump shooters in 2023. He stated in a recent article with 247 sports that he plans on visiting Marquette. They are competing with George Mason, VCU and GW, where he’s taken official and unofficial visits; as well as Pitt, and Iona, where he also plans on taking visits.

Check out his newly published evaluation: https://www.pointguardeyes.com/carlton-carrington.

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: 2023 Recruit Carlton Carrington
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »
2023 Carlton Carrington is a 6’4” guard out of St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. He started out the spring running with Team Durant, but recently changed back to Team Melo, who he ran with last year on the Nike EYBL circuit.

Although he is basically a year young for his class, he still happens to be one of the better pull-up jump shooters in 2023. He stated in a recent article with 247 sports that he plans on visiting Marquette. They are competing with George Mason, VCU and GW, where he’s taken official and unofficial visits; as well as Pitt, and Iona, where he also plans on taking visits.

Check out his newly published evaluation: https://www.pointguardeyes.com/carlton-carrington.

Farts three times
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 01:54:20 PM »
Apologies! I should have used the existing recruiting thread.  I'm new and will be sure to learn the ropes.

So you just gonna keep lying?  Scoop users will give your site clicks if you've got quality content, see AE, PT etc., but starting a new thread every time you put together a report on a kid screams desperate.  Maybe include the 247 article that you mention too.

https://247sports.com/college/pittsburgh/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Iona-Pitt-Marquette-Carlton-Carrington-184100672/

As of right now, we have zero scholarships available for 2023.  Assuming that Justin is gone, we'll have one.  Don't want to use it another guard considering who's already here and already having Lowery locked up, unless we can snag Ames.

I also can not see anywhere that we have even offered Carrington?  Starting a new thread to promote your content about a guy that we haven't even offered is... bold.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 02:01:07 PM »
According to Rivals, he is unranked, don't even have his photo and has zero scholarship offers at present time. 

Seems Shaka's new recruiting strategy is going after the #50 to #150 recruits, but this kid is way off the radar. 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2023/carlton-carrington-280694
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 02:04:26 PM by nyg »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 02:13:43 PM »
If only we had a recruiting thread where we could collect all this information without having to add a new thread every time you want to market your website.

Oh yeah...we do: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48207.0
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 02:41:27 PM »
Guys, the dude made a new thread to bring attention to a marquette basketball related article that he wrote. He didn't call your moms fat. Why the third degree? There's no rule that says that we can't make individual threads for specific recruits.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 02:45:49 PM »
Guys, the dude made a new thread to bring attention to a marquette basketball related article that he wrote. He didn't call your moms fat. Why the third degree? There's no rule that says that we can't make individual threads for specific recruits.

Because
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 02:52:36 PM »
He's previously said that if he had content to provide regarding recruiting that he'd put it in the recruiting thread.  This is like the 4th time he's done this.  He's been warned by the mods in the past.  The content provided is concerning someone that MU has not offered.  He's taking a report he wrote, and trying to shoehorn it into any site for a school that is even remotely related to the recruit.

https://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/threads/2023-carlton-carrington.19678/#post-1079726

Look familiar.

panda

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 02:58:11 PM »
Very comprehensive reports on his site - Quite good work tbh.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 02:58:35 PM »
This. People can see who started the thread. Nobody is forcing you to click the link.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 03:15:36 PM »
He's previously said that if he had content to provide regarding recruiting that he'd put it in the recruiting thread.  This is like the 4th time he's done this.  He's been warned by the mods in the past.  The content provided is concerning someone that MU has not offered.  He's taking a report he wrote, and trying to shoehorn it into any site for a school that is even remotely related to the recruit.

https://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/threads/2023-carlton-carrington.19678/#post-1079726

Look familiar.

Again, so? The guy wants traffic to his site. A new thread may get him more traffic than posting it in the recruiting thread. What's the negative for us? It's not like we pay by the thread. If he was posting things about recruits that we weren't connected to at all I would somewhat get it but so far he's only posted articles about recruits we've been publicly linked to.
TAMU

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 03:21:11 PM »
Again, so? The guy wants traffic to his site. A new thread may get him more traffic than posting it in the recruiting thread. What's the negative for us? It's not like we pay by the thread. If he was posting things about recruits that we weren't connected to at all I would somewhat get it but so far he's only posted articles about recruits we've been publicly linked to.

Do you not think it would be annoying if we had a new thread every time an article got written about anyone that MU has been publicly linked to?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 03:21:26 PM »

You’re wrong and that guy should be sent to Bolivia

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 03:42:01 PM »
Do you not think it would be annoying if we had a new thread every time an article got written about anyone that MU has been publicly linked to?

Not really. Plus, that's not happening. We have one guy who has made 5 threads in the space of 9.5 months. I can handle a new thread every 1.8 months. And it's fine if you don't like it. It's even fine that you express your opinion that you don't like it. My opinion is that you calling the guy a liar and desperate was uncalled for.
TAMU

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 03:44:39 PM »

Honestly I feel like I would get more information that way than combing through the larger recruiting thread.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DrJay24

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 03:48:58 PM »
Board Rules:  Post total nonsense unrelated to recruiting in the recruiting thread time and time again -- absolutely go right ahead.  Post something on topic in its own thread that happens to point to a website you have an interest in GTFO.  Makes perfect sense. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2022, 03:49:19 PM »
Not really. Plus, that's not happening. We have one guy who has made 5 threads in the space of 9.5 months. I can handle a new thread every 1.8 months. And it's fine if you don't like it. It's even fine that you express your opinion that you don't like it. My opinion is that you calling the guy a liar and desperate was uncalled for.

He did say that he would use the recruiting thread and he didn't.  That's the definition of a lie.  Desperate is subjective I guess, I'd probably call you desperate too if you started a new thread every time you updated your "Big East Roster Updates" thread.  You're clearly not desperate since you only use the one thread.  And I guess we'll just agree to disagree on if it'd be annoying, I don't think the mods would be too happy with me if I started 11 threads instead of just doing this.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/cassidy-s-takeaways-duel-in-dfw

https://writingillini.com/2022/04/09/illinois-basketball-illini-currently-top-3-4-star-chicago-point-guard/

https://www.thehoophustle.com/trenorman

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/2021/10/11/ohio-state-offers-2023-pickerington-central-forward-devin-royal/6095709001/

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball-recruiting/2022/05/130721/top-100-2023-forward-dailyn-swain-says-he-hears-from-ohio-state-coaching-staff-multiple-times-a-week

https://sportzshala.com/junior-combo-guard-jamari-mcdowells-big-spring-leads-to-first-high-major-offer/

https://www.si.com/college/ucla/mens-basketball/out-of-state-forward-milan-momcilovic-picks-up-ucla-mens-basketball-offer

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2022/4/11/23019444/wisconsin-badgers-basketball-recruiting-greg-gard-offers-2023-big-man-jp-estrella-brewster-academy

https://hawkeyeswire.usatoday.com/lists/iowa-hawkeyes-basketball-fran-mccaffery-carey-booth-dasonte-bowen-josh-dix-owen-freeman-big-ten/

https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/1200392

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/05/19/bloomington-north-jq-roberts-2023-basketball-recruit-indiana-aidan-franks/9822006002/

even if everything would technically be "MU related" and thus acceptable.  We have a recruiting thread for a reason, to house the recruiting information.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 03:50:50 PM »
Board Rules:  Post total nonsense unrelated to recruiting in the recruiting thread time and time again -- absolutely go right ahead.  Post something on topic in its own thread that happens to point to a website you have an interest in GTFO.  Makes perfect sense. 

None of those are board rules though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 03:56:00 PM »

That’s correct. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 03:59:48 PM »
He did say that he would use the recruiting thread and he didn't.  That's the definition of a lie.  Desperate is subjective I guess, I'd probably call you desperate too if you started a new thread every time you updated your "Big East Roster Updates" thread.  You're clearly not desperate since you only use the one thread.  And I guess we'll just agree to disagree on if it'd be annoying, I don't think the mods would be too happy with me if I started 11 threads instead of just doing this.

I mean it's the same article, it's just getting updated. I do make new threads every time I write a new article for paint touches and post them here. I guess I am desperate!
TAMU

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2022, 04:04:05 PM »
I mean it's the same article, it's just getting updated. I do make new threads every time I write a new article for paint touches and post them here. I guess I am desperate!

You can argue semantics all you want, all I'm saying is that saying that if its okay to start a new thread every time that anything related to anyone publicly linked to mubb this place would become an absolute sh!t show.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 04:12:40 PM »
You can argue semantics all you want, all I'm saying is that saying that if its okay to start a new thread every time that anything related to anyone publicly linked to mubb this place would become an absolute sh!t show.

When that happens, you let me know and maybe I'll agree with you then.
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 04:17:35 PM »

Challenge accepted!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2022, 04:17:49 PM »

This place became an "absolute sh*t show" in October 2006.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2022, 04:25:13 PM »

I can see it now.  Every time Dodds publishes something; new thread.

Former MUBB players in college thread no more, new thread every Minnesota game for our Dawson update, new thread every Syracuse game for our Sy update, new thread every MSU game (started by 82 of course).

Not just players either, every TAMU game will get a thread, once TC starts doing commentary, every game he works gets a thread.

Not just college either, every Heat game, every Dubs game, every 76ers game, new thread.

Or, we could keep recruiting in the recruiting thread, and keep information pertinent to other topics in their respective threads.

feedback