[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Where Are We?  (Read 16071 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Where Are We?
« on: May 21, 2022, 08:13:18 AM »
Lewis?  Will we know by June 1st?  Do we have hammer type auxiliary options if he bolts?   I'm starting to feel a little anxiety.  TY.

tower912

• All American
Re: Where Are We?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 08:27:32 AM »
You should mentally prepare for life without Lewis and for MU to ride with what we have.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 08:50:31 AM »
Lewis?  Will we know by June 1st?  Do we have hammer type auxiliary options if he bolts?   I'm starting to feel a little anxiety.  TY.
The future is bright . We have lots of players ready to step up.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 08:52:35 AM »
Trying to imagine this team being any good without Lewis. It’s tough. Another disappointing offseason from Shaka IMO.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 09:04:32 AM »
Trying to imagine this team being any good without Lewis. It’s tough. Another disappointing offseason from Shaka IMO.

In agreement with this sentiment.  I always defer to the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t see a ton on this roster.  However, I felt the same way last year.  If OMax is getting legit NBA talk, that does ease some concern.  Lace ‘em up!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 09:06:10 AM »
Last off-season was disappointing to you?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 09:08:13 AM »
I am more optimistic than I was a year ago.   An offseason of development and stability.

I may actually have expectations next season.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 09:15:02 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 09:13:58 AM »
"The best thing about Freshmen is they become Sophomores " Al

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 09:17:47 AM »
Most likely is no Lewis and no new additions.  Maybe we get Ramey or Gueye. Either way,  I think we're better next season than last season
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 09:18:33 AM »
We have a lot of good pieces.   We just don’t see the big time recruits landing here, which is either a plan to go after other type players, or it’s tougher to land them at Marquette for Shaka and team.   Wojo landed some big time recruits.  Just didn’t know what to do with them lol.   

We will see….

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 09:22:31 AM »
Most likely is no Lewis and no new additions.  Maybe we get Ramey or Gueye. Either way,  I think we're better next season than last season

Care to expound on that?  I do think we will get growth and development from our returning guys but losing Lewis would be a significant loss.  I think with him we could do some solid damage in March/April.  I'm excited about Jones squared.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 09:25:03 AM »
I agree with TAMU. Significant leaps by the returnees even without Lewis. We would for sure be better with him, but I’m not writing off next season at all.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 09:26:10 AM »
Last off-season was disappointing to you?

Yeah. The only guy he brought in that was an immediate impact player was Morsell and a nice project in OMAX. We badly needed an impact big and Kur was not good. Just wasn’t that impressed and other than a 2-3 week stretch of great ball in Jan, the team really wasn’t very good. It was his first season and definitely deserves plenty of rope; I guess I just had higher hopes for a better team when he was hired.

This offseason hasn’t been good at all from my admittedly not super tuned in vantage point. Seems like next season pretty much solely relies on retaining a guy who seems set on going pro. Not ideal.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »

It is very difficult for me to envision us being better than last year without Lewis or another impact transfer like Ramey. In fact, with the current make up of the roster I’m not sure we even make the tournament. Would be delighted to be proven wrong though

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 09:33:56 AM »

Lewis is gone.

We told you that in the other thread.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 09:36:45 AM »
Lewis is gone.

We told you that in the other thread.

It's official?  FK.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 09:39:50 AM »
Yeah. The only guy he brought in that was an immediate impact player was Morsell and a nice project in OMAX. We badly needed an impact big and Kur was not good. Just wasn’t that impressed and other than a 2-3 week stretch of great ball in Jan, the team really wasn’t very good. It was his first season and definitely deserves plenty of rope; I guess I just had higher hopes for a better team when he was hired.

This offseason hasn’t been good at all from my admittedly not super tuned in vantage point. Seems like next season pretty much solely relies on retaining a guy who seems set on going pro. Not ideal.

You are lost. He brought in 4 starters on an 8 seed. That's not even including the 1st Team All Big East player and 1st Team All Freshman player he retained.

Get outta here.
VIOLENCE!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2022, 09:41:55 AM »
Any idea if Ramey is a possibility?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »
My biggest concern is rebounding.  A bad rebounding team last year and Lewis, the best rebounder, is likely gone.

Maybe Wrightsil and Gold can help on the boards.  We will have to wait and see.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2022, 09:55:13 AM »
My biggest concern is rebounding.  A bad rebounding team last year and Lewis, the best rebounder, is likely gone.

Maybe Wrightsil and Gold can help on the boards.  We will have to wait and see.

Good point JAM.  Significant concern.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 09:56:23 AM »
50 pts a game disappointing?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2022, 10:11:50 AM »

You can't just ignore that he brought in a dude who started 32 games and led the conference in assists. No mention of Kolek, even to irrationally destroy him, is bizarre.

Almost as bizarre as choosing "deserves plenty of rope" as a turn of phrase to describe Shaka's first season.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2022, 10:25:21 AM »
Is there some kind of annual monetary award for starting the most new threads that I don’t know about?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »

I liked the results last year...wasn't expecting to be in the tourney...and UNC did to us what they did to many...including Baylor until and epic reffing job.

2 wins against Nova.

Players that rep MU well.

Would have been screwed without Kur...so I chose to thank him for joining us rather than trash him.

Can't wait to see what Shaka is able to do over the  next few years.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2022, 10:50:43 AM »
I am more optimistic than I was a year ago.   An offseason of development and stability.

I may actually have expectations next season.

I agree. I think an extra year in the system for some guys with added chemistry will make for a better team. It would be great if that team included Lewis, but I think we have some talent from last year that will benefit from more experience.

It’s also possible our recruits are underrated based on what Covid did for the services ability to watch guys.