[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Where is Marquette? by muwarrior69
[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Up And Vanished Podcast/Tara Grinstead Case  (Read 513 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Up And Vanished Podcast/Tara Grinstead Case
« on: May 20, 2022, 07:29:03 PM »
Has anybody listened to the podcast “Up and Vanished?” I’ll put in a spoiler alert now so that if anybody wants to and doesn’t want it spoiled you cans stop reading here. I’ve found it one of the better podcasts I’ve listened to. It is a very long series and there’s a lot of episodes where they’re just explaining legal things going on, which I thought at times was unnecessary.

But Ryan Duke was just acquitted of 5 of the 6 charges against him. I saw some Tweets from the legal experts that work on the podcast saying it was the right decision, but I just don’t get it. I know false confessions are a real issue in this country, but this was a guy who had gotten away with what he had done and there didn’t appear to be any real leads in the case for a dozen years, and he came forward on his own and confessed to the crime on his own. It wasn’t like he was a main suspect right after the crime who police picked up, held for 24 hours, fed him information, etc. I just struggle to see how one could find it to be a false confession.

Just curious if anyone has been following the case or podcast.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter