[Today at 06:55:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buffalo shooting, take 2  (Read 12245 times)

MU82

• All American
Buffalo shooting, take 2
« on: May 17, 2022, 02:00:35 PM »
According to numerous reports, the shooter had been writing for months that he wanted to kill Black people. He had made menacing, violent threats against high school classmates. He was ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluations.

And yet he was able to walk into a store, plunk down money, pass an instant background check, and buy a Bushmaster XM-15 semiautomatic rifle.

He then went home and removed the state-mandated restraining bolt that had limited the gun's capacity to a 10-round clip. That modification let him load multiple 30-round magazines, making it easier for him to hunt, target and kill Black people, according to the manifesto he posted online.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the manifesto cites rhetoric embraced by white supremacists, making references to a racist conspiracy theory called "great replacement," which asserts that political elites use immigration and other policies to reduce the white population. The conspiracy theory has been cited as inspiration for several violent attacks against Hispanics, Muslims and Jews in the U.S. and abroad.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Buffalo shooting, take 2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 02:02:39 PM »
Good try, Nads, butt sumwon will fook up dis tread again, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 02:03:03 PM »
IBTL.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 02:06:37 PM »
Double Dribble

Hopefully, 82 and other posters can refrain from breaking the scoop rules. I would not bet on it, but time will tell.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 02:13:01 PM »
Hopefully, 82 and other posters can refrain from breaking the scoop rules. I would not bet on it, but time will tell.

I specifically followed the moderator's suggestion in starting this thread.

We need to stop selling guns to people who advertise that they are violent and mentally unstable, not to mention conspiracy-believing racists. Once you publicly proclaim you want to kill people, in this case Black people, you officially give up your Second Amendment rights IMHO.

You're allowed to have a different opinion, Goose, but I hope you don't.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 02:16:57 PM »
Is criticizing the purveyors of white nationalism and the deadly consequences of it "being political"?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 02:20:01 PM »
Is this like bringing attention to all the crime happening near MU's campus?

If the kid gets the right jury, he will walk.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 02:22:10 PM »

Every time there is a mass shooting it makes me sick to my stomach. I do not disagree with your post, possibly over why you think a demented person is still able to purchase a weapon, but not that he/she should not be allowed to purchase a slingshot, let alone a gun.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 02:22:51 PM »
Is this like bringing attention to all the crime happening near MU's campus?

No he won't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 02:23:21 PM »

In Buffalo????
Uh, no.

I mean, even people found NGRI don't walk.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 02:26:08 PM »
Is criticizing the purveyors of white nationalism and the deadly consequences of it "being political"?
That's the elephant in the room, so to speak.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 02:34:35 PM »

Please.  Drama much?  This dude is going away for a long time.

He better hope the Aryans or other white prison gangs protect him good.  Otherwise, his prison sentence will be much briefer than the judge/jury intends.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »

Agreed completely. Just because political operatives are the ones spouting racist theories does seem like it would be political to decry their actions.

It's like if I criticized Bo Ryan for murdering someone in the AutoZone parking lot. Just because I have a bias against the Badgers doesn't mean that bias is the reason I'm against murder. I'm against racism regardless of the political stripe, and when politicians or talk show pundits are blatantly spreading racist conspiracy theories, it isn't politics that leads to me being against them.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 02:45:01 PM »
But the discussion on Scoop will inevitably turn political.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 02:45:47 PM »
Agreed completely. Just because political operatives are the ones spouting racist theories does seem like it would be political to decry their actions.

It's like if I criticized Bo Ryan for murdering someone in the AutoZone parking lot. Just because I have a bias against the Badgers doesn't mean that bias is the reason I'm against murder. I'm against racism regardless of the political stripe, and when politicians or talk show pundits are blatantly spreading racist conspiracy theories, it isn't politics that leads to me being against them.

He did, you know.  😉

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 02:51:47 PM »
There’s no debate.  Gun violence will never not be an issue in your lifetime.  Racism and racially motivated crime will never not be an issue in your lifetime.

I’ll add, political violence against one another will be normalized at some point, too.  We’re not a serious nation on these topics
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 02:54:55 PM »
According to numerous reports, the shooter had been writing for months that he wanted to kill Black people. He had made menacing, violent threats against high school classmates. He was ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluations.

And yet he was able to walk into a store, plunk down money, pass an instant background check, and buy a Bushmaster XM-15 semiautomatic rifle.

He then went home and removed the state-mandated restraining bolt that had limited the gun's capacity to a 10-round clip. That modification let him load multiple 30-round magazines, making it easier for him to hunt, target and kill Black people, according to the manifesto he posted online.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the manifesto cites rhetoric embraced by white supremacists, making references to a racist conspiracy theory called "great replacement," which asserts that political elites use immigration and other policies to reduce the white population. The conspiracy theory has been cited as inspiration for several violent attacks against Hispanics, Muslims and Jews in the U.S. and abroad.

It starts at home

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 02:58:43 PM »
There’s no debate.  Gun violence will never not be an issue in your lifetime.  Racism and racially motivated crime will never not be an issue in your lifetime.

I’ll add, political violence against one another will be normalized at some point, too.  We’re not a serious nation on these topics

Sooner than most think. The advocates are already working on it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 02:59:52 PM »
Sooner than most think. The advocates are already working on it.

January 6th was a test run.  This will probably lead to the thread being locked but don’t think that “tour” didn’t teach some valuable lessons

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »
January 6th was a test run.  This will probably lead to the thread being locked but don’t think that “tour” didn’t teach some valuable lessons
Michigan in May of 20 was the test run.    January 6 was 2.0.    More to come. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 03:10:36 PM »
The MSLSD is strong on this topic.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2022, 03:22:39 PM »
The MSLSD is strong on this topic.

No, it isn’t.

The idea political violence is a one-way street is false.  We’ve already had evidence of this and once we accept things like January 6 as the new normal or dismiss it, it becomes easy for the other guys to do it.

I’m not naive enough to think that could never happen. It absolutely could because we normalize it.

Gun violence and racism is a prime example of this.  All we have is talking points.  There’s no need for common ground from our leaders and citizens who we just repeat the talking points our side espouses.

That’s why I say the debate is pointless.  There should be common sense, common ground on these topics.  Instead, it’s rhetoric to score points

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 03:24:34 PM »
More civilians die in the US due to gun violence, than have died in the entire Ukraine war right now.

Let that sink in.

We have a problem that is largely unique to the US.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 03:29:04 PM »

What is the whole story about this Autozone thing? I have seen several references since Bo retired but never anything specific.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 03:31:56 PM »
More civilians die in the US due to gun violence, than have died in the entire Ukraine war right now.

Let that sink in.

We have a problem that is largely unique to the US.
Per year?   So far this year?  This is poorly worded and really needs a citation.