Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Greg  (Read 12930 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Greg
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2022, 08:55:07 AM »
Wades

We agree we need an upgrade in talent, but I am not seeing the returning guys being similar in talent level with Greg. I think all three returning guards were much better than Greg.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »
I see too many players of Greg’s caliber on the roster and not enough players of Justin’s caliber going into next season. Hoping for a couple portal additions and a return for Justin.

Waitin' on da Easter bunny too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2022, 03:45:03 PM »
Just curious, while it appears that most on here think Greg is a great guy and is well liked, is anyone disappointed he is likely not going to be a member of the MU basketball team next year?

Absolutely not.  Marquette needs to burn the Wojo era to the ground and salt the earth, and that starts with his guys no longer being on the roster.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »
Absolutely not.  Marquette needs to burn the Wojo era to the ground and salt the earth, and that starts with his guys no longer being on the roster.

🙄🙄🙄  Yeah let’s get rid of that Justin Lewis guy. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2022, 06:31:43 PM »
🙄🙄🙄  Yeah let’s get rid of that Justin Lewis guy.

Kam and Stevie, too.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2022, 05:47:37 AM »
I hope greg can go back to Michigan and either play a key role for Michigan or MSU or have a leading role for Detroit or another small D1 school while also making some NLI money due to being "home".  He'd be a good 6th-7th man playing 15-20 mins on a contender if he stays healthy.
Good luck to him. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2022, 06:12:46 AM »
I hope greg can go back to Michigan and either play a key role for Michigan or MSU or have a leading role for Detroit or another small D1 school while also making some NLI money due to being "home".  He'd be a good 6th-7th man playing 15-20 mins on a contender if he stays healthy.
Good luck to him. 

I think you are way over valuing him here. 15-20 minutes on a contender?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2022, 07:54:40 AM »
Interesting what some people think is good money.

that money as a 21 year old with zero living expenses can be parlayed into some nice savings.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2022, 04:39:29 PM »

Yeah, I wish Shaka had dumped Lewis, Greg, Oso, Stevie and Kam. You'd have really enjoyed the 3-28 record we'd have had.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2022, 06:07:25 PM »
Greg’s sister is transferring to MSU Womens team. Izzo recruited Greg coming out of high school , I wonder if there is the possibility he follows his sister . Would be reunited with Joey.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2022, 06:56:27 PM »
Greg’s sister is transferring to MSU Womens team. Izzo recruited Greg coming out of high school , I wonder if there is the possibility he follows his sister . Would be reunited with Joey.

No, there’s not a possibility that happens.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2022, 07:10:28 PM »
if he wants 5-8 min a game sure

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2022, 07:11:59 PM »
Ok. Just asking .
            ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2022, 07:18:47 PM »

Its as ridiculous as thinking of Theo John winding up at Duke.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2022, 09:28:15 PM »

Plus Tax!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2022, 10:55:00 PM »

Even more ridiculous.

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2022, 08:13:13 AM »
Anything is possible, but at least I can see the role that Theo played last year.  They didn't really have a decent option to back up Mark Williams, and Theo seemed to understand what that role would be and the expectations.  He is strong, a decent athlete and in good health. Obviously with his limitations.  And of course there was the Coach K / Wojo relationship - I doubt this happens without that connection.

Michigan State has no shortage of guards. And I have no idea what value outside of "senior leadership" he would bring.  And as far as I know, Izzo doesn't have much more than a passing relationship with either Wojo or Shaka.

But as I said, anything is possible.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2022, 09:03:46 AM »
Anything is possible, but at least I can see the role that Theo played last year.  They didn't really have a decent option to back up Mark Williams, and Theo seemed to understand what that role would be and the expectations.  He is strong, a decent athlete and in good health. Obviously with his limitations.  And of course there was the Coach K / Wojo relationship - I doubt this happens without that connection.

Michigan State has no shortage of guards. And I have no idea what value outside of "senior leadership" he would bring.  And as far as I know, Izzo doesn't have much more than a passing relationship with either Wojo or Shaka.

But as I said, anything is possible.

Maybe not specifically Michigan State, but the point is Greg could latch on with a upper tier program if he's willing to go there and play in a reserve role, as was the case with Theo. But he may also want to go somewhere he'd be more featured, like Koby and Jamal, and that would lead him to a lower level.

As for the K/Wojo connection, that may have landed Theo on Duke's radar, but it's why he ended up there. K wasn't putting guys in the rotation for his final year coaching as a favor to a former assistant.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2022, 09:17:56 AM »
He’s not going to MSU

There was a tweet last week that the schools he’s heard from are: Wake Forest, Colorado St, Miami Oh, Cleveland St, and Illinois St
Bring back FFP!!!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2022, 09:24:31 AM »
He’s not going to MSU

There was a tweet last week that the schools he’s heard from are: Wake Forest, Colorado St, Miami Oh, Cleveland St, and Illinois St
Travis Steele (New Miami OH head coach) recruiting Greg , nice Big East connection
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:47:11 PM by Herman Cain »
            ---Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2022, 09:25:16 AM »
Todd Steele (New Miami OH head coach) recruiting Greg , nice Big East connection

Travis Steele

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2022, 10:48:34 AM »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
Travis Teal
Wonder what Teve is doing these days?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2022, 12:30:04 PM »
He’s not going to MSU

Rob Judson on the Illinois State staff was here with Wojo.

feedback