collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by Herman Cain
[Today at 06:15:50 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 9028 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Twitter
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2022, 10:41:14 AM »
The minute they kill the chronological timeline and force me to the algo I'm gone.

IG tries stuff like that all the time, people complain, and they acquiesce.  I imagine Twitter would be the same

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2022, 10:58:13 AM »
Wow Bezos owns WaPo now Elon with Twitter, does Zuckerburg buy MUScoop next???

Danged Oligarchs.  What's next, we invade Canada?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2022, 11:12:45 AM »

Brother, we must liberate the Québécois people.  They have been oppressed under the rule of the Anglo speaking Canadian 'government' for far too long.  TO ARMS!!!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2022, 11:43:37 AM »
Yup. Terrible for discourse. The type that only believes in free speech when it's what he wants to hear.

Wasn't arguing one way or the other. Just stating what he wants to do.

'Free speech' (pro or con) by a private company is much different than the Free Speech which is protected by the constitution.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2022, 11:49:20 AM »
Wasn't arguing one way or the other. Just stating what he wants to do.

'Free speech' (pro or con) by a private company is much different than the Free Speech which is protected by the constitution.

Everyone will now have the 'freedom' to spread disinformation, just like Musk intends.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2022, 11:49:57 AM »
I'm just not ready for Twitter to become toxic

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »
I'm just not ready for Twitter to become toxic

lol
Willfully misinformed.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2022, 12:59:35 PM »

Don't we already own Canada
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »
Everyone will now have the 'freedom' to spread disinformation, just like Musk intends.

Can we yell “Fire” in the theater? It’s just disinformation.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »
Oligarch. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2022, 02:59:27 PM »

Just like the NY Post was banned on Twitter for their story of the Lap top from Hell for violating some "hacking" rule for 2 weeks. Even the NY Times which called it "Russian disinformation" which in and of itself was disinformation but never got banned from Twitter now says the lap top is real.  Twitter should not decide what is mis/disinformation but leave that up to the subscriber to determine that for themselves.

We'll see if Musk is a man of his word.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:01:09 PM by muwarrior69 »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2022, 03:05:10 PM »
Just like the NY Post was banned on Twitter for their story of the Lap top from Hell for violating some "hacking" rule for 2 weeks. Even the NY Times which called it "Russian disinformation" which in and of itself was disinformation but never got banned from Twitter now says the lap top is real.  Twitter should not decide what is mis/disinformation but leave that up to the subscriber to determine that for themselves.

We'll see if Musk is a man of his word.

Twitter can control the content however it sees fit. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2022, 03:12:48 PM »
Twitter can control the content however it sees fit.

I agree, but please don't say they were controlling misinformation when they were not.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2022, 03:17:49 PM »
I agree, but please don't say they were controlling misinformation when they were not.

Man, have you come to right place for disinformation
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2022, 04:13:24 PM »
We'll see how this turns out.

- Any platform that has tried to be completely without moderation has turned into *hit quickly.

- I don't believe Musk is truly a "free speech absolutist"

- oligarchs buying communication networks is a bad idea

- disinformation is a problem. But relying on "fact checkers" is also a bad idea

- Musk may have values he wishes Twitter to demonstrate, but ultimately this is likely just a capitalist venture for him

- everyone loves when "their side" is in control

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2022, 04:46:58 PM »

I agree. I'm not very involved with Twitter anyway, so I'm not overly concerned by this. I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

Also agree. I have very little confidence that I know much at all about which "side" Musk is on.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2022, 05:00:13 PM »
I agree. I'm not very involved with Twitter anyway, so I'm not overly concerned by this. I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

Also agree. I have very little confidence that I know much at all about which "side" Musk is on.

He’s on his side

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2022, 05:01:52 PM »

- Any platform that has tried to be completely without moderation has turned into *hit quickly.

- I don't believe Musk is truly a "free speech absolutist"

- oligarchs buying communication networks is a bad idea

- disinformation is a problem. But relying on "fact checkers" is also a bad idea

- Musk may have values he wishes Twitter to demonstrate, but ultimately this is likely just a capitalist venture for him

There is no way forward for Twitter without any type of moderation.  Things may not be moderated the same but there will still be moderation.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »
Smoking a cigar enjoying the premium for my shares and the exploding heads all around the past couple of weeks. Gotta take the victories as they come  8-)
All Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2022, 05:27:39 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2022, 07:23:47 PM »
Twitter tells me today is my 13th anniversary on that hellsite; fitting that it's also the day it died

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2022, 07:42:56 PM »
MTGA, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »
MTGA, hey?

At what point in time do you believe Twitter was great?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2022, 06:43:09 AM »
From NYT finance and business writer Andrew Ross Sorkin:

Musk has said he wants more “free speech” and less moderation on Twitter. What will that mean in practice? More bullying? More lewd commentary and images? More misinformation?

Perhaps a window into Musk’s approach is a tweet he sent on Friday making fun of Bill Gates with a crude reference to anatomy, as a way to get even with Gates, who had admitted to betting against shares of Tesla.

Which raised this question: When conspiracy theorists falsely posted that Gates was paying to develop Covid vaccines to implant chips in people, Twitter down-ranked the content and added fact-check notices. If Musk were running Twitter then, would he have left those posts up to needle his nemesis?

The deal will give Musk enormous influence over politicians, celebrities and the media, with the ability to platform and de-platform them at will.

But some will have sway over him, too, in ways that could distort what the public sees on Twitter. For example, Twitter has no presence in China. Musk does: A huge chunk of Tesla’s growth is dependent on that country. What happens when Chinese officials tell him to remove content from Twitter that they find objectionable?

Back here in the U.S., Musk’s SpaceX business relies, in large part, on contracts with the Defense Department. His Tesla business is in discussions with the U.S. government about a national charging station infrastructure. His Boring Company, which digs tunnels, relies on governments for contracts. If a politician that controls the purse strings for any of Musk’s companies were to publish misinformation, would Musk remove it?

There are no answers to these questions just yet. But we will find out soon. Likely on Twitter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2022, 07:27:47 AM »