[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 9018 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Twitter
« on: April 14, 2022, 11:20:18 AM »

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 11:23:25 AM »
Inn a New York nanosecond, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 11:44:57 AM »
Musk should be investigated and punished by the SEC for blatantly manipulating stock prices.

Tax these psychos down to under $1 billion.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:50:29 AM »
Doesn’t look like the market thinks it will happen. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 11:54:54 AM »
Musk should be investigated and punished by the SEC for blatantly manipulating stock prices.

Tax these psychos down to under $1 billion.

He's manipulating stock prices for a few hundred million when he's worth $250B and is selling all his possessions?  Unlikely.  Its not like he said he'd offer $100 a share. Its an ego play, pure and simple.  He wants to remake Twitter how he wants or cause chaos while trying.

Worse manipulation happened weekly or daily during the height of the pandemic.

Hedge/PE funds and companies do this stuff all the time, in far more impactful ways and the SEC does nothing.  But good luck with your wealth tax Lizzie

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 12:09:33 PM »
It was trading for nearly 70 back in the Fall.  I doubt anyone is selling out for 55 now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »
100% taking that offer because I don’t believe in management.
All Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 01:05:02 PM »
Management of twitter or management in general? 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 01:26:46 PM »
Probably this.

Mark Cuban @mcuban
My conclusion, @elonmusk is unnatural carnal knowledgeing with the SEC. His filing w/the SEC allows him to say he wants to take a company private for $54.20 😂
Vs his "Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured"  Price go up. His shares get sold. Profit⬆️ SEC like WTF just happened.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 01:29:31 PM »
If you owned Twitter stock would take Musk's offer?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-14/elon-musk-launches-43-billion-hostile-takeover-of-twitter

I would take the offer as an opportunity to tell him to go F himself, if that counts.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 01:34:52 PM »
Will the stock tank short-term if it doesn't happen? 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 01:41:48 PM »
Will the stock tank short-term if it doesn't happen?

Tank?  Nah.  It was around 40 before his 9% stake was announced.  The spike from the this announcement is basically gone.  If it recedes, it wont go much past 40 IMO.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 01:48:27 PM »
Tank?  Nah.  It was around 40 before his 9% stake was announced.  The spike from the this announcement is basically gone.  If it recedes, it wont go much past 40 IMO.

40ish still seems like. a good buy long term regardless of how this plays out.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2022, 01:53:05 PM »
40ish still seems like. a good buy long term regardless of how this plays out.
If they monetize the damn thing. Their ad-supported model is horribly executed; either fix that so it is 5% as effective as FB and GOOG, or move to a subscription model scaled to your number of followers. Or both. Dorsey couldn't seem to care, I was hopeful the new management would shake things up. We'll see.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2022, 01:55:47 PM »
If they monetize the damn thing. Their ad-supported model is horribly executed; either fix that so it is 5% as effective as FB and GOOG, or move to a subscription model scaled to your number of followers. Or both. Dorsey couldn't seem to care, I was hopeful the new management would shake things up. We'll see.

Fait points. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2022, 02:16:59 PM »
He's manipulating stock prices for a few hundred million when he's worth $250B and is selling all his possessions?  Unlikely.  Its not like he said he'd offer $100 a share. Its an ego play, pure and simple.  He wants to remake Twitter how he wants or cause chaos while trying.

Worse manipulation happened weekly or daily during the height of the pandemic.

Hedge/PE funds and companies do this stuff all the time, in far more impactful ways and the SEC does nothing.  But good luck with your wealth tax Lizzie

There's a level of wealth at which one would no longer be willing to game the system?
If that were true, Musk would have stopped a long time ago. I would suggest that wealth is a secondary motive to gaming the system.
Also, Bernie Madoff was worth $68 billion when he finally got caught.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 02:41:20 PM »
There's a level of wealth at which one would no longer be willing to game the system?
If that were true, Musk would have stopped a long time ago. I would suggest that wealth is a secondary motive to gaming the system.

You're speaking far more broadly than I am.  Some of lesser means may game the system to get a free drink or $5 or a gift card.  Or game the system for a free flight or something.  At a certain level of wealth, stuff like that is no longer worth it.  Whether the time, or effort, or risk.  If gaming the system for illicit stock gains for significant wealth generation was truly his goal, there are far better vehicles for it, as I mentioned.  Lower floats, more volatile stocks, more prone to news spikes, etc...  Twitter has long been a favorite topic and focus of Musk's before he ever took a stake.  Whether sh*t-tweeting, or random polls, or talking about an edit button, etc...  Sure he won't donate the profits to charity, but this isn't like Phil Mickelson or other insider trading cases where profit was the intended goal.

As for Madoff, a ponzi scheme is apples to oranges.  By nature they have to get bigger and bigger.  Not like Madoff could have just stopped cause he had enough.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 02:54:42 PM »
Speaking of Madoff. It's his Birthday  Death day today!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 03:06:36 PM »
You're speaking far more broadly than I am.  Some of lesser means may game the system to get a free drink or $5 or a gift card.  Or game the system for a free flight or something.  At a certain level of wealth, stuff like that is no longer worth it.  Whether the time, or effort, or risk.  If gaming the system for illicit stock gains for significant wealth generation was truly his goal, there are far better vehicles for it, as I mentioned.  Lower floats, more volatile stocks, more prone to news spikes, etc...  Twitter has long been a favorite topic and focus of Musk's before he ever took a stake.  Whether sh*t-tweeting, or random polls, or talking about an edit button, etc...  Sure he won't donate the profits to charity, but this isn't like Phil Mickelson or other insider trading cases where profit was the intended goal.

As for Madoff, a ponzi scheme is apples to oranges.  By nature they have to get bigger and bigger.  Not like Madoff could have just stopped cause he had enough.

Well, let's just agree to disagree with what lows the wealthy will stoop to in order to further their wealth. I think history is replete with examples supporting my case.
As for Madoff, he was an exceptionally wealthy person long before he became a criminal. As was Michael Millken. And Ivan Boesky. And Martha Stewart. And Raj Rajaratnam. And the Enron guys. And so on and so forth.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2022, 03:21:16 PM »
Well, let's just agree to disagree with what lows the wealthy will stoop to in order to further their wealth. I think history is replete with examples supporting my case.
As for Madoff, he was an exceptionally wealthy person long before he became a criminal. As was Michael Millken. And Ivan Boesky. And Martha Stewart. And Raj Rajaratnam. And the Enron guys. And so on and so forth.

Thats fine, but id argue none of those people were remotely similar to Musk in this case.  Milken, Boesky, and Raj were all Wall St bigwigs trying to get to or stay on top.  Martha had a dirty broker.  None of them were literal billionaires doing things that would constitute potential crimes for comparatively small amounts.

Also, Enron was using illegal accounting within 5 years of forming, it was happening for a decade plus by the time they got caught.

If you think Musk has been illegal and criminal since the early days of Tesla, then ok.  I don't agree with you but at least I can see the argument.  Otherwise it feels like a very rich dude f-ing with the SEC (who he's often sparred with) and company he's long had a connection to.   I'm not justifying it, I'm not saying he shouldn't be accountable if indeed there were misdeeds, I just view it differently, thats all.

There was a story a number of years ago in India about a group of guys in their early 20s who tried to steal a bunch of diamonds from one of the factories.  They were all wealthy kids, a number of whom were from diamond families.  They thought it would be fun, exciting, and why the hell not.  Cause they had been fabulously wealthy, spoiled, and without discipline or accountability most of their life.  Still illegal and criminal, but it wasn't about the money, and I view it as a different sort of act or motivation than the famous diamond heists in Antwerp or whatnot.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 05:03:37 PM »
Inn a New York nanosecond, aina?

You are not a Saudi prince. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »
Wags ... who said Musk was doing anything criminal? Seems like a red herring to defend the argument that this very rich man is so rich he would never game the system to get richer.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2022, 05:10:05 PM »
Wags ... who said Musk was doing anything criminal? Seems like a red herring to defend the argument that this very rich man is so rich he would never game the system to get richer.

Well the rules aren’t there for him too.  It’s the people that got screwed because he didn’t follow the rules. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2022, 06:10:02 PM »
Won't another billlionaire get Twitter if Musk doesn't?  I assume they're talking to Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft right now. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2022, 06:18:41 PM »
Why buy the previous social network phenomenon instead of the next one? Twitter is washed

feedback