[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP: Taylor Hawkins  (Read 1694 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
RIP: Taylor Hawkins
« on: March 25, 2022, 10:41:56 PM »
Drummer for the Foo Fighters passed away in Colombia during a tour.  Great drummer and musician
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
Re: RIP: Taylor Hawkins
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 11:39:09 PM »
Terrible news. Infectious smile on that guy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 12:40:01 AM »
Just stunning news.  So young.  You’d have to think it’s the end of the Foo Fighters.  Maybe a new band with Mendel, Schefflter and Smear along with Grohl, but Hawkins was just so integral to that band for 25 years. I can’t see them carrying on with a new drummer

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 08:44:42 AM »
Truly shocking and tragic. The energy and joy he played with was contagious. He truly stood out. A total beast on the drums.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 08:48:06 AM »
Just stunning news.  So young.  You’d have to think it’s the end of the Foo Fighters.  Maybe a new band with Mendel, Schefflter and Smear along with Grohl, but Hawkins was just so integral to that band for 25 years. I can’t see them carrying on with a new drummer

I could be wrong but I don’t see this being the end of the band. They do have one of the best drummers in the world as their frontman (for recording purposes). And Hawkins seemed like the kind of guy that would want them to carry on.

muwarrior69

• All American

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 12:06:42 PM »
https://nypost.com/2022/03/26/taylor-hawkins-death-may-be-tied-to-drugs-police/

I don't deny that he had a past.  But the source for this is the NY Post, repeating the Mirror. 

They should have probably at least fact checked using the National Enquirer's sources.

Lazy journalism.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 12:10:38 PM »
I could be wrong but I don’t see this being the end of the band. They do have one of the best drummers in the world as their frontman (for recording purposes). And Hawkins seemed like the kind of guy that would want them to carry on.

Sure, but part of Hawkins greatness was that Grohl didn't have to worry about the drums.  Hawkins was brought in cause the original drummer wasn't up to par and Grohl re-recorded everything.  He was kind of the ying to Grohl's yang all these years. 

As for the latter, you could be right.  But I could also easily see Grohl being like "its been 25 years, theres no Foo Fighters without Taylor" and calling it a day.  Its not like its been a band that went through a variety of changes in the core 4 (well 5 once Pat Smear rejoined), the lineup has been remarkably consistent and steady.

I don't deny that he had a past.  But the source for this is the NY Post, repeating the Mirror. 

They should have probably at least fact checked using the National Enquirer's sources.

Lazy journalism.

Yea, thats pretty gross "reporting".  Let them finish an autopsy first.  Like when people automatically assumed Bob Saget was drug related.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 12:33:26 PM »
Rolling Stone wrote about the Foo Fighters and Hawkins in a recent issue.  He was intimidated by Dave Growl in the beginning, and Dave basically kicked his but and straightened him out and got him to play up to his potential (per Hawkins)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 03:05:32 PM »
Rolling Stone wrote about the Foo Fighters and Hawkins in a recent issue.  He was intimidated by Dave Growl in the beginning, and Dave basically kicked his but and straightened him out and got him to play up to his potential (per Hawkins)

If Dave's mom liked you, you were good to go.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 03:49:44 PM »
Sure, but part of Hawkins greatness was that Grohl didn't have to worry about the drums.  Hawkins was brought in cause the original drummer wasn't up to par and Grohl re-recorded everything.  He was kind of the ying to Grohl's yang all these years. 

As for the latter, you could be right.  But I could also easily see Grohl being like "its been 25 years, theres no Foo Fighters without Taylor" and calling it a day.  Its not like its been a band that went through a variety of changes in the core 4 (well 5 once Pat Smear rejoined), the lineup has been remarkably consistent and steady.

Yea, thats pretty gross "reporting".  Let them finish an autopsy first.  Like when people automatically assumed Bob Saget was drug related.

Could be the Bonzo moment for the Foo Fighters.  Would be too bad, but I can see Grohl and Co going that route.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 04:27:55 PM »
Could be the Bonzo moment for the Foo Fighters.  Would be too bad, but I can see Grohl and Co going that route.

That was my thinking.

On the bright side, all remaining members were in very successful bands before the Foos. Which would bode well for them starting something new, beyond just the longevity and success of the FF

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »
Taylor Hawkins had 10 different substances in his system when he died, Colombia's attorney general said Saturday in a statement. Hawkins, 50, was found dead in his hotel room in Bogotá on Friday night, shortly before the band was set to perform in the capital city.

Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said. An exact cause of death was not announced, and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues to investigate, the attorney general said.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 01:20:30 AM »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 10:28:51 AM »