[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 81798 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #1025 on: June 10, 2023, 10:10:34 AM »
Anyone else watching Jury Duty? It's hysterical.

It's a "reality" show about a guy who has been chosen for jury duty.  The twist is that he is the only real person. Everyone else - judge, lawyers, jury members, etc., are all actors, including the real James Marsden playing himself as a celebrity that is pissed that he got chosen. It's filmed at an actual California courthouse.

The guy (the only person who is not in on the joke) is super sincere and takes his duties very seriously, even when crazy stuff is going on in the courtroom.  The other characters are very well developed.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 10:13:52 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1026 on: June 10, 2023, 02:34:20 PM »

We started it.  Three episodes in we thought it a bit too gimmicky.  Kids recommended it, so they are in your camp.
Ludum habemus.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: June 10, 2023, 08:11:31 PM »

It's a "reality" show about a guy who has been chosen for jury duty.  The twist is that he is the only real person. Everyone else - judge, lawyers, jury members, etc., are all actors, including the real James Marsden playing himself as a celebrity that is pissed that he got chosen. It's filmed at an actual California courthouse.

The guy (the only person who is not in on the joke) is super sincere and takes his duties very seriously, even when crazy stuff is going on in the courtroom.  The other characters are very well developed.

It’s a great cringe watch for sure, not sure on the hysterical end.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: June 10, 2023, 08:23:34 PM »
We started it.  Three episodes in we thought it a bit too gimmicky.  Kids recommended it, so they are in your camp.

I was the same way but watched through. The last 3 episodes were really funny.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: June 11, 2023, 08:09:17 PM »
The new Spider Man movie is awesome! And, I have not watched the first movie of this series and cannot wait. The pace was fast and furious, the emotions deep, the action intense, the humor fantastic. What a great movie.

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #1030 on: June 11, 2023, 09:59:39 PM »
Beef - on Netflix - is outstanding.

Porky Concurs having just finished the last episode less than a half hour ago.   Super Dark, Super Funny but with very serious undertones.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: June 12, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »
Thought it was good, not great.  Wish they would have spent a little more time wrapping up the lesser characters arcs, but no major complaints.  Applaud Sudeikis for realizing that the show really only had a shelf life of three seasons, as he probably could have milked a few more season if he wanted to/wanted the money.

Finally got to the finale, and agree.  It was pretty solid all around.  Even the conclusions that seemed telegraphed were still satisfying.

Literally my only significant gripe with the final season?  The actor who played Ted's son was so incredibly bad it was distracting.  Like it had to have been an exec's kid, right?  The other kid actors on the show were great and he was just beyond bad.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1032 on: June 12, 2023, 09:37:20 AM »
Watched the first episode of Silo. Pretty good. It's definitely right in my wheel-house thematically though. Sci Fi isn't for everyone

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: June 12, 2023, 10:39:25 AM »
Watched Lockwood & Co. with my teenage daughter has a good rotten tomatoes score, pretty good show and  Then I read there would be no season 2, Not cool.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 01:39:59 PM by lawdog77 »

mix it up

• Walk-On
« Reply #1034 on: June 12, 2023, 01:13:40 PM »

I agree. Jury Duty is a riot. Not to give anything away but the older woman juror, the "chants", the celebrity, the "couple" and many more... a riot. Also, the "real" guy is such a good guy you gotta love him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: June 12, 2023, 02:26:35 PM »
The Tour De France documentary on Netflix is pretty interesting.  Insane how intense that sport is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: June 12, 2023, 02:55:02 PM »
The Tour De France documentary on Netflix is pretty interesting.  Insane how intense that sport is.

Yes. The whole thing is pretty dope

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1037 on: June 12, 2023, 03:57:54 PM »

One of my favorite sports events of the year. The doc was very well done.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: June 12, 2023, 04:36:07 PM »

Its one of those sports that you don't realize how fanatical it is cause its pockets of popularity are so niche.  For example, Belgium, where I spend a lot of time, is NUTS for cycling.  I remember the first time I went to a backyard party at my colleague's place there ready to chat soccer with people.  The first 3-4 neighbors of theirs I talked to weren't really into soccer, outside of the World Cup, but were SUPER SUPER into cycling.  Like their kids had cycling posters and trading cards.  It was wild.

Ive never been able to get into it, but I have a ton of respect for how grueling and challenging it is.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1039 on: June 12, 2023, 07:36:27 PM »
Yes. The whole thing is pretty dope

Well played.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1040 on: June 17, 2023, 07:50:23 AM »
We started watching Bad Sisters several days ago and I’m really enjoying it. My wife…not so much (she doesn’t like dark humor). As an aside, that’s gotta be one of the greatest title sequences ever.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: June 17, 2023, 08:39:16 AM »
Keri Russell is a national treasure.

Started watching her new show, I do dig KR. Wasn’t sure about the show as it has this sort of serious vibe with a strong comedic undertone. Gotta say, I’m about 4 episodes in, and it keeps getting better. I do laugh at all the assertive walking, though. Solid show to watch with the wife.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1042 on: June 17, 2023, 10:47:57 AM »
We started watching Bad Sisters several days ago and I’m really enjoying it. My wife…not so much (she doesn’t like dark humor). As an aside, that’s gotta be one of the greatest title sequences ever.

Wife and I loved Bad Sisters. Pretty good payoff at the end imho. I think you'll enjoy the rest
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1043 on: June 17, 2023, 12:03:24 PM »
Started watching her new show, I do dig KR. Wasn’t sure about the show as it has this sort of serious vibe with a strong comedic undertone. Gotta say, I’m about 4 episodes in, and it keeps getting better. I do laugh at all the assertive walking, though. Solid show to watch with the wife.

The diplomat?  I liked season 1.  She's not as good as she was in the Americans, but that would be near impossible to beat.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: June 17, 2023, 02:29:19 PM »
The diplomat?  I liked season 1.  She's not as good as she was in the Americans, but that would be near impossible to beat.

Yep, The Diplomat. I loved the Americans, and I loved her in that, loved the entire cast really. I think I had that standard in mind when starting the new show seeing the theme might have been similar enough, and I agree it would be very difficult to outdo The Americans.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: June 18, 2023, 05:54:10 AM »
Yep, The Diplomat. I loved the Americans, and I loved her in that, loved the entire cast really. I think I had that standard in mind when starting the new show seeing the theme might have been similar enough, and I agree it would be very difficult to outdo The Americans.

The A's just got their first sweep of the season, so I decided to watch Money Ball. Not a bad film.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1046 on: June 18, 2023, 07:41:57 AM »
The A's just got their first sweep of the season, so I decided to watch Money Ball. Not a bad film.

Big fan of that movie

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: June 18, 2023, 02:32:12 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1048 on: June 19, 2023, 02:05:41 PM »
Extraction 2 is just fun as hell.  Fast and Furious level of absurd but visually gorgeous action sequence filmmaking.  Hemsworth is fantastic and Sam Hargrave is a true talent behind the camera with this stuff, natural given his stuntman background.  Its not gonna win an Academy Award, but I'll watch a movie like this any day.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1049 on: June 19, 2023, 02:16:24 PM »

I loved the book (right up there with The Big Short as Michael Lewis’s best) but I didn’t see a movie there. I was very wrong, the movie was excellent.