collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 81613 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2022, 06:06:17 PM »
The trailer looked pretty contrived to me.  Are you sure this is worth watching?

No, he lied
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2022, 07:59:32 PM »
The trailer looked pretty contrived to me.  Are you sure this is worth watching?

What response are you expecting to this question?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2022, 08:23:42 PM »
What response are you expecting to this question?

I'm just curious if it's too contrived.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2022, 09:29:30 PM »
I've been watching The Offer on paramount. Im through 7 out of 10 eps. Its fu cking awesome.

Very interesting look into the making of the godfather. Paced really well. Excellent casting.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2022, 10:14:18 PM »

And you think your curiosity will cause him to change his opinion that it’s definitely worth watching?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2022, 11:38:56 PM »
And you think your curiosity will cause him to change his opinion that it’s definitely worth watching?

I dunno....maybe. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2022, 09:42:16 AM »
I've been watching The Offer on paramount. Im through 7 out of 10 eps. Its fu cking awesome.

Very interesting look into the making of the godfather. Paced really well. Excellent casting.

Its INCREDIBLE.  I found the premise interesting, I didn't expect it to be this good.

Matthew Goode is fantastic as Robert Evans.  Miles Teller is very good.  Acting everywhere is excellent.

You watch an interview with Evans or Al Ruddy and it makes the performances even better.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2022, 10:42:49 AM »
Its INCREDIBLE.  I found the premise interesting, I didn't expect it to be this good.

Matthew Goode is fantastic as Robert Evans
.  Miles Teller is very good.  Acting everywhere is excellent.

You watch an interview with Evans or Al Ruddy and it makes the performances even better.

I immediatly started youtubing Evans clips because of this performance already. Goode is incredible.

As you said Teller and the rest of the cast are awesome as well. Was not expecting to be this engaged. Just finished the finale now.

Teller is really underrated by most imo. Hes a good actor with quality range that also has natural charisma
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2022, 11:42:54 AM »

Matthew Goode is fantastic as Robert Evans.  Miles Teller is very good.  Acting everywhere is excellent.

I’ve watched the first 3 episodes and I’d just say it is in the OK - good range. Good enough that I’ll keep watching, but nowhere near some of the other great shows.

And yes, there are some pretty good performances.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2022, 07:42:30 PM »
Finished stranger things volume 1.

Oooo boy.

Everything coming full circle. I thought the writing tying everything together was brilliant. Though the whole Hopper storyline feels like an afterthought
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:48:56 PM by jesmu84 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »
GoT sequel continuing the story of Jon Snow is in the works. Kit Harrington attached to reprise his role.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-1235167415/

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2022, 09:47:49 PM »
GoT sequel continuing the story of Jon Snow is in the works. Kit Harrington attached to reprise his role.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-1235167415/

Finish the books you fat fūck.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:49:32 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2022, 06:05:52 AM »

Sounds like a terrible idea, and that Kit is going for the cash grab.

Wonder if roles have dried up for him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2022, 06:32:12 AM »
Sounds like a terrible idea, and that Kit is going for the cash grab.

Wonder if roles have dried up for him.

He’s going to be the Black Knight in the Marvel universe
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »

He may not change his opinion, but yes, it’s very contrived. We enjoyed it, but if you’re particularly put off by contrived plots this probably isn’t the movie for you.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2022, 09:29:22 PM »
"Rise" has a Dwight Buycks reference in it, and I just think that's pretty cool.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2022, 06:38:54 AM »
I never see any discussion on this board regarding the NHL, which I believe is the best in person sport to attend, especially during the Stanley Cup playoffs.  That being said, ESPN is showing a documentary detailing the hatred between the Detroit Redwings and the Colorado Avalanche in the 1990's.  It is entitled "Unrivaled".

The trailer is outstanding and ESPN will show it on Sunday, 6/26/22, 1:00pm ET.  set your DVR NHL fans.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/06/unrivaled-espn-e60-relives-examines-fierce-avalanche-red-wings-rivalry-born-25-years-ago/

tower912

• All American
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2022, 06:52:34 AM »
Greatest hockey fight ever.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2022, 07:12:30 AM »
Finished watching Ozark last night. I understand that the ending "fits" with the general tone of the show, but I was disappointed. Overall, it was a pretty good show, but I'd rank it below most of the top shows I've binged/watched in the last several years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2022, 07:26:11 AM »
Finished watching Ozark last night. I understand that the ending "fits" with the general tone of the show, but I was disappointed. Overall, it was a pretty good show, but I'd rank it below most of the top shows I've binged/watched in the last several years.

Agreed.  Loved Ruth.  Beyond that, think it was just solid.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2022, 10:44:56 PM »
About mid-way through it became clear that it's just a modern tragedy where in the end everyone dies.
Still worth watching though.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2022, 08:00:41 AM »
About mid-way through it became clear that it's just a modern tragedy where in the end everyone dies.
Still worth watching though.

I don't want to get into too many spoilers here because sometimes I watch shows years later (e.g., finished Sopranos earlier this year), but that's what I expected too. But their definition of "everyone" apparently was pretty different than mine.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2022, 09:05:48 AM »

Totally agree. I'd put it in the good to very good category. Well worth watching, but well behind anything I consider an all-time great series.

I did think it was Jason Bateman's best season FWIW. The story arc of the kids was unrealistic bordering on ridiculous, and we've all seen far better young actors than the ones who played Charlotte and Jonah.

The first season was different than anything else on TV and refreshing. Same was true of Netflix other huge series, Stranger Things. But after awhile, most series either become repetitive or have to go way out there, and they become lesser.

That hasn't happened yet with Succession and The Boys, my current two favorite series, but it certainly could.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2022, 09:10:44 AM »
Ozark Season 1 was one of my favorite TV seasons ever. Season 3 was very good as well though not an all timer. Seasons 2 and 4 were just good. The ending was a meh until the last 5 seconds and it went from meh to good but not great. I'm sad it didn't end an a high note.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2022, 09:34:40 AM »
Totally agree. I'd put it in the good to very good category. Well worth watching, but well behind anything I consider an all-time great series.

I did think it was Jason Bateman's best season FWIW. The story arc of the kids was unrealistic bordering on ridiculous, and we've all seen far better young actors than the ones who played Charlotte and Jonah.

The first season was different than anything else on TV and refreshing. Same was true of Netflix other huge series, Stranger Things. But after awhile, most series either become repetitive or have to go way out there, and they become lesser.

That hasn't happened yet with Succession and The Boys, my current two favorite series, but it certainly could.

Succession isn’t repetitive?