[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 81571 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What are you watching in 2022?
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2022, 01:48:55 PM »
The one show I just could not stand. I've hidden it from our Kids profile.

I have no sympathy.

I had to sit through Teletubbies.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2022, 01:52:09 PM »
Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ - We bought the bundle for Marvel & Star Wars shows.  Hulu is good for watching shows that run the day after running on regular TV like Abbot Elementary.
Netflix - We've had forever, so.......
Prime - My wife got ages ago for the free shipping and we do watch some shows.
HBO Max - We don't pay for, as it comes with my AT&T phone subscription.
Apple+ - We don't pay for, my wife got somehow included with some other Apple subscription.
Discovery+ - It's the cheapest subscription.  We got it to watch Josh Gates, my older daughter and wife always watch Gold Rush, and Expedition Bigfoot before it runs on air.
I'm curious how HBO max & Discovery+ will be blended together in one app and will I still get free from AT&T after the sale to Warner is complete.  (Was it completed last week, maybe?)

We don't subscribe to anything else.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2022, 01:55:06 PM »
Honestly, the biggest barrier to me getting rid of Netflix is Cocomelon. It might just be mindless songs, but if I need an hour where the toddler doesn't bother me, putting on Cocomelon is a guarantee that I can make dinner or get some laundry done or whatever. It's like toddler heroin without the withdrawal symptoms. Put it on, they zone out.

You must have a miracle kid then because we allowed Cocomelon once on accident and we got epic meltdowns for the next few months demanding Cocomelon. It is baby crack and at least for our kid there are major withdrawal symptoms
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2022, 01:56:48 PM »
Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max are the only necessities. I have Prime, but wouldn’t keep it if not for the free shipping.

Occasionally will get Showtime, Paramount, or Apple for a month or two to catch up on a few shows.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2022, 03:10:35 PM »
Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max are the only necessities. I have Prime, but wouldn’t keep it if not for the free shipping.

Same, except add on Peacock for the EPL.  Balance that out by using our friends' Netflix login.

Prime does have some decent shows that makes it worth it beyond the free shipping.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2022, 03:20:59 PM »
I just grab whatever shows everyone is talking about from bt sites.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2022, 12:49:27 AM »
Same, except add on Peacock for the EPL.  Balance that out by using our friends' Netflix login.

Prime does have some decent shows that makes it worth it beyond the free shipping.

Yeah. They have several decent originals. Would just get it for 2-3 months a year and binge them if it wasn't for the free shipping.

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2022, 10:05:18 AM »
In light of plummeting stock prices, Netflix's CEO recently announced that in-program ads are on the way for lower-priced subscriptions.

Netflix users, is this a deal-breaker? Would you pay more to not have ads? Would you take a cheaper plan and tolerate receiving ads?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2022, 10:12:44 AM »
In light of plummeting stock prices, Netflix's CEO recently announced that in-program ads are on the way for lower-priced subscriptions.

Netflix users, is this a deal-breaker? Would you pay more to not have ads? Would you take a cheaper plan and tolerate receiving ads?

I'll be honest, my problem with Netflix is the lack of content that interests me. When they were pumping out House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Mindhunter, GLOW, Daredevil, Punisher, and the other Marvel street-level stuff, while also having a rich library of movies, it was must-have. Now they have less original content I care about, their movie collection sucks, and they want us to pay more? Not only that, but I'm sure they'll charge me more to be able to use my single-customer account when I'm at work due to the sharing crackdown.

Just not sure once we get past Stranger Things that Cobra Kai and Ozark are worth keeping it for (neither of which I've caught up on yet).
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2022, 10:43:32 AM »
I watch a lot of tv. Theres a lot of really good stuff out there. Definitely some trash as well.

But in terms of the best

Its Better Call Saul and then everything else.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2022, 10:46:41 AM »
I'll be honest, my problem with Netflix is the lack of content that interests me. When they were pumping out House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Mindhunter, GLOW, Daredevil, Punisher, and the other Marvel street-level stuff, while also having a rich library of movies, it was must-have. Now they have less original content I care about, their movie collection sucks, and they want us to pay more? Not only that, but I'm sure they'll charge me more to be able to use my single-customer account when I'm at work due to the sharing crackdown.

Just not sure once we get past Stranger Things that Cobra Kai and Ozark are worth keeping it for (neither of which I've caught up on yet).

Ozarks final eps release on Friday. So if youre caught up on that by the time ST final season airs(at their slow release rate wont be hard) then thats another thing to not have to worry about

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2022, 04:45:46 PM »
So, that ending on Better Call Saul

****SPOILER WARNING****

That was sad
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2022, 05:30:10 PM »
So, that ending on Better Call Saul

****SPOILER WARNING****

That was sad

Hell of a way to go out though.

So well done.

Fantastic acting too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2022, 09:33:42 PM »
Incredible episode from beginning to end.

SPOILER ALERT

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Breaking Bad, and for some reason I convinced myself that Varga had been in it…. So I was really surprised by what transpired in this episode.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2022, 09:40:53 PM »

SPOILER ALERT

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Breaking Bad, and for some reason I convinced myself that Varga had been in it…. So I was really surprised by what transpired in this episode.

He's mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYQN4E4qr0

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2022, 09:54:21 PM »

SPOILER ALERT

Agreed, I’m really enjoying the show. The only thing that takes away some of the suspense for me is that you know the fate of certain characters from Breaking Bad. It’s been so long though so it does slip my mind also.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2022, 07:49:30 AM »
Watched Andy Warhol Diaries on Netflix, more of a look into his personal life and how it affected his art, NYC at the time, the emergence of gay culture, AIDS, celebrity, etc. I highly recommend it, candidly, I’m a big fan of his, Basquiat is my favorite artist, the whole pop art movement, and NYC in the 70s and 80s.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2022, 10:24:25 AM »
Too lazy to scroll back but has there been a discussion of Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix yet?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2022, 09:49:31 PM »
I have no sympathy.

I had to sit through Teletubbies.

I had Barney.  :-\
Have some patience, FFS.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2022, 12:52:12 PM »
Ozark Ep 1 of the final 7 wasted no time creating the tension

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2022, 01:41:16 PM »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2022, 01:45:06 PM »
Ozark Ep 1 of the final 7 wasted no time creating the tension

I'm way behind in watching Ozark (S2E3), but it's starting to feel like Uncut Gems to me. Even if they can sustain the ratcheted up tension for hours upon hours, I'm not sure I can. There's a limit to how much of that I can take and Uncut Gems taught me that my max is about two hours. I like Ozark, but I'm not sure it's ever going to be a show that I can sit down and watch back-to-back-to-back episodes.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2022, 01:52:43 PM »
I'm way behind in watching Ozark (S2E3), but it's starting to feel like Uncut Gems to me. Even if they can sustain the ratcheted up tension for hours upon hours, I'm not sure I can. There's a limit to how much of that I can take and Uncut Gems taught me that my max is about two hours. I like Ozark, but I'm not sure it's ever going to be a show that I can sit down and watch back-to-back-to-back episodes.

Agreed.  I watch it because I started it so I might as well finish it, but I think every season has been worse than the previous season.  Ruth is awesome.  Everyone else is just fine.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2022, 02:05:31 PM »
Agreed.  I watch it because I started it so I might as well finish it, but I think every season has been worse than the previous season.  Ruth is awesome.  Everyone else is just fine.

I think Marty's character development has been incredible.  Its a contrast to Breaking Bad for me.  Walter White lost himself and became Heisenberg.  Marty is still Marty and his focus and priorities are the same, he's just gotten better and better at living outside the lines and self preservation.

There are A LOT of truly unlikable and "get these mofos off my screen" characters though.  I'll give you that.