[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The War in Ukraine  (Read 47246 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: The War in Ukraine
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2022, 10:04:08 PM »
Putin is the bad guy.

C'mon, man. He's just misunderstood.

He's really just a gentle guy who loves horses and cares deeply about his fellow Russian citizens.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2022, 10:45:44 PM »
Wonder if he stayed at the same hotel where trump's hookers peed.

Fake news in reply to facts. Sad.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2022, 10:59:59 PM »
Fake news in reply to facts. Sad.

Your statements were equally fake news, and absurdly pointless to any discussion of Ukraine.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2022, 04:58:16 AM »
I also think we should be talking to Ukraine about what a "saving face" peace looks like.

Yeah, and we know that all too well from Vietnam, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2022, 07:34:32 AM »
Wonder if he stayed at the same hotel where trump's hookers peed.

The hotel where (8) Republican Senators stayed who visited on America's holiday July 4, 2018.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2022, 07:35:47 AM »
I tell people I was Rambo-ized in the 80's and I just don't like or trust Russians.  Marrying my Polish-born wife just added fuel to the fire.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2022, 07:40:16 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 07:44:07 AM by Pakuni »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2022, 07:47:10 AM »
Yeah, and we know that all too well from Vietnam, hey?

Exactly. Fifty years later that was clearly a war we fought for too long, costing too many lives.  We normalized relations 20 years after the war ended and they are now a preferred trading partner. You have to wonder what the entire point was.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2022, 01:55:55 PM »
Not to deflect from the Snopes fest, but I met a Ukrainian in his mid 30s this weekend at a trade show.

He and his family own the largest jewelry manufacturer in Ukraine and one of the predominant retail operations for gems and jewelry.  Not only are they based in Ukraine, they are/were based on Kharkiv.

He didn't want to get too deep into it, for obvious reasons, but he had cousins in Miami who handled their US sales efforts, and about 2 months ago they moved EVERYTHING they could from the business to Miami.  In the face of everything, I really appreciated his humor...

"You think escaping a war is hard? Try finding reasonably priced real estate, with security for millions of dollars worth of goods, in Miami on short notice"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »
This is one of the more optimistic state-of-the-war summaries I've seen. If the West can give Ukraine the means eliminate Russia's artillery advantage, they will be able to drive them out of Donbas.
https://twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/status/1543491060684492800
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #385 on: July 03, 2022, 09:58:39 AM »
This is one of the more optimistic state-of-the-war summaries I've seen. If the West can give Ukraine the means eliminate Russia's artillery advantage, they will be able to drive them out of Donbas.
https://twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/status/1543491060684492800

Let’s see if the freedom loving west actually comes through to help keep Ukraine free
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #386 on: July 03, 2022, 10:46:48 AM »
The winners in this all are still China and Saudi Arabia.

In the early 70's we had an economic crisis spurred by the worlds reliance on Saudi oil. When the Yom Kippur war occurred, Saudi Arabia cut off their oil, and we had oil shortages and rampant inflation (blamed on Carter; even though the major causes occurred under Nixon). Our solution then was to cut a back room deal with Saudi Arabia, where we would guarantee oil purchases at largely whatever price they set, under the agreement that they poured that money into US treasuries so we could continue major deficit spending. Since then Saudi Arabia to reasonable extent can hold us hostage.

Fast forward almost 50 years. Ukraine/Russia crisis. Loss of Russian oil, in combination with global supply issues cause oil shortages, and mass inflation (blamed on Biden: even though the major causes go back likely multiple presidencies). China and Saudi Arabia hold all the cards to limit damage (as well as Venezuela and Iran). It took us 30 years to learn of the backroom deals from the Nixon era, I fear what kind of backroom deals are being done now.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #387 on: July 03, 2022, 12:56:58 PM »

In the early 70's we had an economic crisis spurred by the worlds reliance on Saudi oil. When the Yom Kippur war occurred, Saudi Arabia cut off their oil, and we had oil shortages and rampant inflation (blamed on Carter; even though the major causes occurred under Nixon). Our solution then was to cut a back room deal with Saudi Arabia, where we would guarantee oil purchases at largely whatever price they set, under the agreement that they poured that money into US treasuries so we could continue major deficit spending. Since then Saudi Arabia to reasonable extent can hold us hostage.

Fast forward almost 50 years. Ukraine/Russia crisis. Loss of Russian oil, in combination with global supply issues cause oil shortages, and mass inflation (blamed on Biden: even though the major causes go back likely multiple presidencies). China and Saudi Arabia hold all the cards to limit damage (as well as Venezuela and Iran). It took us 30 years to learn of the backroom deals from the Nixon era, I fear what kind of backroom deals are being done now.

Only if the policies of multiple Presidents caused global inflation. The European Union was at 8.1% through April.
https://inflationdata.com/articles/2022/05/21/worldwide-inflation-by-country-2022/#:~:text=The%20World%20Inflation%20Rate%20The%20average%20inflation%20rate,from%204.35%25%20in%202021%2C%20and%203.18%25%20in%202020.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2022, 08:18:21 PM »
Only if the policies of multiple Presidents caused global inflation. The European Union was at 8.1% through April.
https://inflationdata.com/articles/2022/05/21/worldwide-inflation-by-country-2022/#:~:text=The%20World%20Inflation%20Rate%20The%20average%20inflation%20rate,from%204.35%25%20in%202021%2C%20and%203.18%25%20in%202020.

My apologies, my wording was poor and convoluted. I'm blaming inflation on two aspects, supply chain (e.g. lack of domestic production) and in regards to oil/food the Ukraine/Russia crisis.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2022, 03:12:47 PM »

You forgot India.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2022, 10:04:28 PM »
The effect upgraded Ukrainian artillery capability is having:
https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1544495879884886017

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #391 on: July 07, 2022, 06:08:09 AM »
A Russian parliamentary member just threatened Alaska. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #392 on: July 07, 2022, 06:14:08 AM »
We have politicians say stupid crap all the time.  So do they.    Meh.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #393 on: July 07, 2022, 06:19:57 AM »
A Russian parliamentary member just threatened Alaska.

Russia threatens a number of places daily, they're the new DPRK

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #394 on: July 07, 2022, 03:25:27 PM »
an additional $820 million in aid to Ukraine, after $1 billion three weeks ago and $1.3 billion last week. Zylenskyy calling for $750 billion to rebuild. Is Ukraine going to become the new Israel?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #395 on: July 07, 2022, 03:26:27 PM »
an additional $820 million in aid to Ukraine, after $1 billion three weeks ago and $1.3 billion last week. Zylenskyy calling for $750 billion to rebuild. Is Ukraine going to become the new Israel?

HOW WILL WE PAY FOR IT????

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #396 on: July 07, 2022, 04:02:52 PM »

Paying for this proxy war is far cheaper than being involved in it... plus the world will continue to exist (great bonus!).

The war in Afghanistan cost tax payers $300 million dollars a day.  We're getting a great 'bang' for our buck!  If we'd have just given everyone in Afghanistan $50,000 instead of blowing them to high hell for two decades, they and we would all probably have been better off.

Ukraine wants a billion a month?  Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, give em dat aid baby!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #397 on: July 19, 2022, 07:30:49 PM »
Yeah, science!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-says-it-s-losing-because-ukraine-has-experimental-mutant-troops-created-in-secret-biolabss/ar-AAZJBZo?cvid=3e36e7a118034e77a2af68197633b4f2

"...Russian lawmakers claim the real setback for Moscow was “drugged up” Ukrainian soldiers.

That claim was made Monday by two Russian lawmakers heading up a commission to investigate “biolaboratories” in Ukraine, Kommersant reported.

Testing of Ukrainian POWs’ blood, they claimed, uncovered “a range of diseases” that suggest they were secretly experimented on “for military purposes.”

“And we see: the cruelty and barbarity with which the military personnel of Ukraine behave, the crimes that they commit against the civilian population, those monstrous crimes that they commit against prisoners of war, confirm that this system for the control and creation of a cruel murder machine was implemented under the management of the United States,” Yarovaya was quoted telling reporters.

“And those performance enhancing drugs that they are still given in order to completely neutralize the last traces of human consciousness and turn them into the most cruel and deadly monsters also confirm this,” she claimed."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2022, 07:50:38 PM »
Is this from Russia or Tucker?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #399 on: July 19, 2022, 07:51:34 PM »
Paying for this proxy war is far cheaper than being involved in it... plus the world will continue to exist (great bonus!).

The war in Afghanistan cost tax payers $300 million dollars a day.  We're getting a great 'bang' for our buck!  If we'd have just given everyone in Afghanistan $50,000 instead of blowing them to high hell for two decades, they and we would all probably have been better off.

Ukraine wants a billion a month?  Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, give em dat aid baby!

Edit: I'm wrong. Idiot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 09:58:54 PM by jesmu84 »