'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UNC  (Read 7536 times)

Farley36

• All American
Re: UNC
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2022, 05:22:48 PM »
Perhaps you should read my post again, and let me know how specifically I am rationalizing anything? What I stated is purely a fact.

You realizing saying a team is the most lethal 8 seed in years is subjective and subjective statements are not facts.  😂   Now you’re rationalizing your rationalization.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2022, 05:23:52 PM »
Don’t bother using common sense and logic with Farley.

The second I see anyone defending yesterday use logic and common sense I will let you know.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2022, 05:30:27 PM »
Don’t bother using common sense and logic with Farley.

You must be mistaken about Farley saying anything on Scoop. He said yesterday that he doesn't care about Marquette any more, so obviously he wouldn't keep commenting on a Marquette fan site.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2022, 09:09:59 PM »
It appears we ran into one of the most lethal 8 seeds in recent tourney memory. UNC is taking Baylor to the woodshed this morning.
Deflection
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2022, 09:10:59 PM »
Appears to be the case.  UNC beating Duke at Cameron Indoor on Coach K's last game coaching there, no doubt served as a springboard.  The talent of UNC is pretty impressive.
what about our talent

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2022, 09:15:29 PM »
It appears we ran into one of the most lethal 8 seeds in recent tourney memory. UNC is taking Baylor to the woodshed this morning.
Deflection from the ass kick we took. Unacceptable

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »
Shout out to garcia leaving UNC and then immediately becoming national title contenders.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2022, 12:55:20 PM »
The second I see anyone defending yesterday use logic and common sense I will let you know.
"I'm never going to watch Marquette again!"

"Also, I'm never going to stop posting about them!"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2022, 09:32:59 AM »
You realizing saying a team is the most lethal 8 seed in years is subjective and subjective statements are not facts.  😂   Now you’re rationalizing your rationalization.

It’s a fact now, Jack.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2022, 10:11:38 AM »
It’s a fact now, Jack.

We should hang a banner.  We only lost by 30+ points to the most lethal 8 seed in years.  The fact that you’re floating about this proves what a woeful state this program is in.  Rather than be embarrassed about that humiliating loss, we’re gloating that the team that trampled us is the most lethal 8 seed in years.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2022, 11:27:14 AM »
We should hang a banner.  We only lost by 30+ points to the most lethal 8 seed in years.  The fact that you’re floating about this proves what a woeful state this program is in.  Rather than be embarrassed about that humiliating loss, we’re gloating that the team that trampled us is the most lethal 8 seed in years.
You sure don't care about MU anymore a whole lot.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2022, 11:50:12 AM »

I recommend staying away from tall buildings man, and not walking over bridges.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2022, 11:54:55 AM »
"UNC is obviously a pretty good team. Our loss to them was embarrassingly bad, and we need to get a lot better, but that's a good team."

In other words ... "gloating."

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2022, 12:19:10 PM »
I recommend staying away from tall buildings man, and not walking over bridges.

Damn you! Don't tell him that!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »
Shout out to garcia leaving UNC and then immediately becoming national title contenders.
I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2022, 12:50:38 PM »
"UNC is obviously a pretty good team. Our loss to them was embarrassingly bad, and we need to get a lot better, but that's a good team."

In other words ... "gloating."

Lol, the dude literally called UNC the best 8 seed ever and then came back a week later to gloat about it.  I know you’re obsessed with me but at least be honest about things.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2022, 01:44:32 PM »
Lol, the dude literally called UNC the best 8 seed ever and then came back a week later to gloat about it.  I know you’re obsessed with me but at least be honest about things.

So let me get this straight. “It appears we ran into one of the most lethal 8 seeds in recent tourney memory” equates to “literally called UNC the best 8 seed ever”? They have a chance but they’ll have to cut down the nets to equal Nova in 1985.

But my point is of course UNC wiped the floor with us. And yes it sucked and was embarrassing. But after watching the last three UNC games I don’t think we beat this version of their team more than 1 out of 10 times. Now the job for Shaka is to get us to the level where UNC is playing right now. I believe he can do it and this season was an indication at times of where we’re headed and what we can be with better talent. But of course it was also an indication of how much work it’s going to take to rebuild a program that was in the trash can a year ago. I’m happy with the progress made over year one but it doesn’t meet my expectations for what we should be in the next three years.

If we get blown out of a first round game in 2025, my tone will be markedly different. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2022, 01:58:26 PM »
I could only imagine this site, if we had gotten St. Peters in the first game.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2022, 02:01:32 PM »
I do not know if UNC was seeded properly or not, but I do know they are far more talented than MU at the moment. I was not crazy about the matchup and was shocked at how much better than they were than MU. Lot of work to be done in the upcoming weeks and months.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2022, 02:34:24 PM »

You exaggerate everything. And you equate what one person does or doesn’t say with the tone of Scoop in its entirety. Nobody “gloated.”

In addition to being a quitter and a liar, you obviously are the one who is obsessed on this subject.

feedback